✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Religion poll

musiclover

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

What musiclover said on about page 2 about being 'above the god/devil' fight just bothers me. So just because you refuse to believe that something that is obviously there is there that it doesn't exist, or it doesn't matter?

i think that there is a god. i think that in every religion there is a practical way to a world ten thousand times better than earth. for me its theough jesus. i believe that gay people are fine and that sex beofre marriage is ok if you truly love the person. erm...i think that denominations are man made and stupid especially when people start to bash other DENOMINATIONS! :angry:

What musiclover said on about page 2 about being 'above the god/devil' fight just bothers me. So just because you refuse to believe that something that is obviously there is there that it doesn't exist' date=' or it doesn't matter?[/quote']

ermmm hi! i remember you...you're that Lutheran guy who's also liberal in his thinking yet grounded in Christian thought...quite interesting mix! lmao

ok, i didn't quite understand what you were trying to get in that last post of yours...would you explain it please? :-)

Lol, I've forgotten what you said already.

I did something horrible and very unreligious today, and I really don't deserve anything. I'm honestly really sorry if I offended you.

What I meant to say was that just because you don't believe in God doesn't mean that you're above the God/devil fight. God is still there watching over you, whether you ackowledge Him or not. I've always had my doubts, but He's there, no doubt.

oh, i see.

hmmm i kinda feel the same way, actually. sepcially about Karma/Dharma. I think we two are not too far apart, then! :-)

if what i remember correctly, what i meant to say was: just 'cuz you were born Christian or Catholic or whatever, doesn't mean that if you don't follow THAT religion's customs, that you'd be bound to hell...or that 'devil' has possessed you. 'Cuz looking from some other religion, you may not be a bad person at all.

:-)

see my point now?! :D

Yeah, I know what you mean! I don't think that just because you've got atheist views that you're automatically an "agent of the devil" or whatever. There are some blatant atheists that are such great people, you can't help but wonder what gets them going.

THunderstorm! *hides under table*

hahahaha @ your thunderstorm comment!

Bertrand Russell...you should read him. He's a well-known philosopher. He was born to a Christian priest, and was a priest himself for a while. And then he adopted humanism...

you should also try and browse thru "2000 years of disbelief" which is a book of quotes of all the famous doubters...

you'll find it very interesting, 'cuz i'm like you....and i loved that book! it gets you thinking... :-)

Hmmm, I'l check all those out. Shoot, there was some novel I heard about that was questioning the church...maybe the Da Vinci Code or something? Maybe that wasn't it. Anyhow, I do love reading that kind of stuff. In the Bible, it says not to question your God, and that should be followed to some extent, but a blind religion is a bad thing; it's good to read up on everything there is.

hey again!

you always bring this thread up...that's so cool! :blush:

yeah...i read a big 3-page article on Da Vinci Code (and one other book, similar one) in The New York Times. IT was a review of sorts. And well, what i get is, that book was just some cocked-up history about church and that there is a progeny of Christ even now, amongst us. it was some real weird-ass stuff! lol

that's pseudo-history, sorta like there is the pseudo-science of crop-circles and UFO abductions! hahaha