✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[14-3-2021] Chris Martin to perform @ the 63rd GRAMMY Awards 2021

Gideon_Mx

The Grammys 2021: Everyday Life wins Album Of The Year?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Will Coldplay win a Grammy for Album Of The Year?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not so sure

This poll is closed to new votes

Full Performer Lineup For 2021 GRAMMY Awards Show Announced: Taylor Swift, BTS, Dua Lipa, Billie Eilish, Megan Thee Stallion, Bad Bunny, Harry Styles And More Confirmed

GRAMMYS MAR 7, 2021 - 10:00 AM

CMOnTheGrammys21.PNG.0566521583a03dca8982a6aab518242c.PNG

The 2021 GRAMMY Awards show performer lineup will also include performances from Black Pumas, Cardi B, Brandi Carlile, DaBaby, Doja Cat, Mickey Guyton, Haim, Brittany Howard, Miranda Lambert, Lil Baby, including our very own Chris Martin!

The Grammys (presented by CBS) will take place on Sunday, March 14.

TheGrammys21.jpg.799678a9b75525f9d66c341d3be77f84.jpg

For more information go to ---> https://www.grammy.com/grammys/news 

Any thoughts on this event? A live or pre-recorded performance? Do you think Chris is doing a collab or perhaps Jonny joins Chris? And more importantly, will Coldplay win the Grammy Award for Album Of The Year (Everyday Life)!?! Let's discuss!

U P D A T E: 

(15th March 2021) Chris Martin and Brittany Howard performed the iconic song ''You'll Never Walk Alone'' with Chris only playing piano and Brittany doing the vocals. Heartbreakingly, Chris did not perform any Coldplay song at the GRAMMYs stage and Coldplay did not win the Grammy Award for Album Of The Year.

Edited by Gideon_Mx

• Gideon_Mx changed the title to [14-3-2021] Chris Martin live @ The 63rd GRAMMY Awards 2021

I predict he will play Everyday Life on piano but he may just play something like Viva or Fix You. I say Fix You because that song has been thrown back into the spotlight with the BTS cover. However I really hope it's something from Everyday Life. I do not think they will win any awards though, although the album totally deserves it. Either way, looking forward to seeing Chris!

• Like 1

• Gideon_Mx changed the title to [14-3-2021] (COMING UP!) Chris Martin to perform @ the 63rd GRAMMY Awards 2021

Actually I don't know if that's supposed to mean that they won't perform a Coldplay song. Perhaps they pick one (Brittany/Coldplay) song, but that wouldn't make any sense. 

I don't think the 2 of them wrote a song specially for this show. I'm thinking maybe they will be doing a famous song cover?

Edited by Gideon_Mx

• Gideon_Mx changed the title to [14-3-2021] Chris Martin to perform @ the 63rd GRAMMY Awards 2021

I still think it's a shame Chris didn't play any Coldplay song(s) at the Grammys. But the fact that he chose not to play a Coldplay song was due to the absence of literally all members of the band, a conscious choice I think. Pretty sure the full band would have performed a Coldplay song at the Grammys if there wasn't a pandemic going on.

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 1

Chris often played Coldplay songs alone. Jonny, Will and Guy are probably not amused when Chris performs their songs without them. After all the songs belong to all of them. Let's hope they will soon play together again new songs!

On 3/16/2021 at 4:37 PM, merril said:

Jonny, Will and Guy are probably not amused when Chris performs their songs without them

Knowing them, they are honestly probably relieved they don't have to fly everywhere and accompany Chris to every little appearance (not saying the Grammys are a little appearance, but rather talking about all these small solo performances Chris does here and there). They quite like being out of the public eye and having privacy and time for their families.

I can assure you when Chris performs alone he has the full support and approval of the band, don't worry about it ?

• Like 4