✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Music of the Spheres valoration Poll

ToniMoreno

Music of the Spheres valoration  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is your valoration of the new Coldplay Album Music of The Spheres?

• 9-10 It´s fantastic! Probably their best Album.
    • 7-8 It´s a good Album. Not their best but a goodone.
    • 5-6 It´s a normal Album. It´s not bad, but they have better ones.
    • 3-4 It´s a weak Album, one of their worse Albums.
    • 1-2 It´s awful! Probably their worst Album.

Hi everyone!

We have been talking about the new album for weeks and commenting on our ratings (and magazine reviews) in different threads, but I thought it would be interesting to know quantitatively the rating of the album that Coldplay fans make. So be free to rate in this survey how good you think the new album is :)

1 hour ago, Shakersonic123 said:

Well, I think this is their worst album, but I would give it like a 5 or 6. Maybe 5.8 if I was pitchfork or decent 5 if I was Fantano lol. 

Interesting. As I said here...

...it's rather confusing I guess for some people to not associate something that is possibly the worst work of somebody with a generally bad job on a scale. Tells alot about the quality of Coldplay's body of work. So I guess average is equal to horrible for Coldplay. That sounds like a very complimenting issue to have. Like whenever Coldplay scores below 7/10 that's really bad for them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nowayme said:

Interesting. As I said here...

...it's rather confusing I guess for some people to not associate something that is possibly the worst work of somebody with a generally bad job on a scale. Tells alot about the quality of Coldplay's body of work. So I guess average is equal to horrible for Coldplay. That sounds like a very complimenting issue to have. Like whenever Coldplay scores below 7/10 that's really bad for them.

Yes I get the point, the fact is that with some of their albums they set a very high standard, to the extent that everything below that bar tends to be considered horrible, when maybe is just "not that great". Expectations based on the past play an important role when evaluating these things probably

• Like 1

It works the other way too. sometimes we might rate a song higher than we would if it was a different artist simply because the band and their previous work means something to us.

For example, some people say some of the new songs are not so great musically but will probably work very well in concert, so overall they rate those songs higher than they would without a live show in mind that they get excited about. But perhaps a really strong song, such as Clocks, will always sound great no matter where you are when you're listening to it.

Probably if you ask a large enough number of people it'll balance itself out. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, LisaFeehily said:

It works the other way too. sometimes we might rate a song higher than we would if it was a different artist simply because the band and their previous work means something to us.

For example, some people say some of the new songs are not so great musically but will probably work very well in concert, so overall they rate those songs higher than they would without a live show in mind that they get excited about. But perhaps a really strong song, such as Clocks, will always sound great no matter where you are when you're listening to it.

Probably if you ask a large enough number of people it'll balance itself out. 

Also this is definitely true!

Edited by only.your.imagination

I would rate this album with 4.5-5... only like 3 o 4 songs, the rest of them are nonsense to me. However, just like Lisa said before, maybe if I go to a show I'll have a wonderful time with these other songs and probably will like them a little more, but for now I just don't get them. That's why I totally understand people who criticize the album, it has so many pop-commercial songs that are really far away from their usual style... I think they can do it so much better (EL for example was a masterpiece in my opinion).

• Like 1
  • Love 1