✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The NEW 2024 Leaks Thread

Doomotron

For the record, Coldplay's version of Lukas has some lyrical and notation differences. If I'm not wrong, Lukas is adressed in the first person in their demo while Natalie Imbruglia adresses him in the third person. Also I think there are takes/versions that Chris only mumbles nonsense instead of proper words.

Edited by nowayme
  • Wow 1

21 minutes ago, nowayme said:

For the record, Coldplay's version of Lukas has some lyrical and notation differences. If I'm not wrong, Lukas is adressed in the first person in their demo while Natalie Imbruglia adresses him in the third person. Also I think there are takes/versions that Chris only mumbles nonsense instead of proper words.

It indeed sounds like he says "My name is Lukas".

On 4/21/2024 at 9:14 PM, Hamster_Pants said:

I feel like we’ve completely blown past something. What was that snippet of that country sounding song? It had a cowboy emoji for its title.

There was this whole Coldplay.zip file too that's unavailable now. I wonder if that had songs/snippets from what is planned to be their final album since Chris has said that it'll be self-titled. 

1 minute ago, vrnmdk said:

There was this whole Coldplay.zip file too that's unavailable now. I wonder if that had songs/snippets from what is planned to be their final album since Chris has said that it'll be self-titled. 

The country sounding song was Houston #1 btw, also some of the stuff planned for the last album is like unreleased stuff, FOP is the only one I have confirmed

Expect stuff like Car Kids, LIALD, The Race, FOP, WB

2 hours ago, GamingForeverAUS said:

new snippet of Good Feelings is super groovy; and again the worse part of the entire thing is those feckin lyrics man 

Don't expect good lyrics from their singles 

I hope the mix on Aeterna is not final, because the guitar riffs that Jonny plays live are so drowned and barely audible on it. Still sounds like a nice ambient/electronic song. Needs a little *oomph* but the guitar being more prominent in the mix would definitely bring that!

Edited by vrnmdk
  • Like 2

Also, how did they not realize that the Biutyful demo was the far better version. The last minute and a half of this version sounds so good. With the little guitar licks, and more prominent bass. It sounds more "beautiful" and interesting than the version we got. It also doesn't end with the screeching voice that we get on the released version. MoTS Vol. 1 truly could've been special.

It´s a pity because in the first records Martin gave some importance to the lyrics, but the more commercial the melodies are, the worse lyrics he writes, in my opinion. He hasn´t ever been Dylan, but it´s been ages since the level is underground.

1 hour ago, Galal said:

Don't expect good lyrics from their singles 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Famous Old Painter said:

I get why people want desperately Life is Beautiful or Lukas or whatever, but why the latest mix of Good Feelings? A demo is out in full, and we're all gonna hear the final mixed version in a month or two anyway. 

Because it's new, quite frankly.

I can't believe there's a band out there called Coldplay that have some new music in their possession and don't want to share it with all the fans already.🙃

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, clark595 said:

Can’t believe there’s people out there that have Life is Beautiful in their possession and don’t want to share it with all the fans…

I agree. 

I really want to hear that song! 

19 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

I can't believe there's a band out there called Coldplay that have some new music in their possession and don't want to share it with all the fans already.🙃

True!!!

3 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said:

I get why people want desperately Life is Beautiful or Lukas or whatever, but why the latest mix of Good Feelings? A demo is out in full, and we're all gonna hear the final mixed version in a month or two anyway. 

Exactly this. It would be cool to hear MM demos, but in the future...

• Like 2