✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The NEW 2024 Leaks Thread

Doomotron

9 hours ago, TomJMusic said:

Wedding Bells, after all these years, I have to admit is wonderful to hear a 'finished' product finally. Have loved it since watching the South Bank Show around the Viva days, so probably around 15 years ago. Same with Famous Old Painters, to finally hear it with vocals after all this time is just...wow. Wedding Song is beautiful as well, it's really growing on me. Same with Weirdo. Until The Water Flows Over has been beautifully reworked. Broken is fantastic too, tbf. And UFO ii I love. And Spanish Rain finally hearing a studio version...

Okay I massively regret asking the question now, might need to be a Top 10 😬

That's true, I think most of the songs are quite good and could easily be people's favourites. The top three I have now are completely different to the ones I had a few weeks ago - next month I could have been converted and my favourite song would be Gold!

(That is a joke)

@Admirice Is there any information you'd like to share from the whole collection you have? Perhaps something that really surprised you? Does your collection also include video material? I remember Matt Cross mentioning tons of material being recorded and he only used a small portion for the AHFOD doc.

I also find it interesting that you've mentioned "Tommorow" to be one of your favourites. Is there anything that you like even better? Not sure what to ask in general because I don't know what things you're comfortable answering.

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Although there are many great songs among the leaks, and I personally like "Tomorrow" very much, I doubt that it could be released unless it is massively altered.

The verses and the chorus is great, the song is catchy, but (unless you are talking about a version which I haven't heard) the riff is exactly the same as the one contained in the song "Fun" (feat. Tove Lo). It would be absurd for the band to release a song with the exact same riff.

Given that, I have a feeling that the first single of the new album could be "The Only One" (also very catchy song, not to mention that it is not a collab song, therefore the rule of the first single of each album not being a collab would be followed). If the finished result of "The Only One" is a bit lengthier and with more enriched production, it would be a great single. Plus it's a perfect song for stadiums and for the present tour (with the universe/moon theme, given that the words universe/sun/moon are contained in the song's lyrics). However, it is very hard to find a better song to open the concert than "Higher Power"... The feeling when the xylobands first start glowing with the bass at the beginning of that song is hard to beat.

Other than these two, I agree that Earthling is very melodic (could this be the song that Chris mentioned that will have high-pitched Will's vocals?).

And of course there are many other gems in there (Broken, Famous Old Painters, Forever Whatever, Good Feelings, Olive Tree, Spanish Rain, The Race, Lethal Drug, Weirdo, U.F.O. II etc), but out of these I think only Good Feelings and (maybe) Lethal Drug will released with the new album. Just my two cents.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GarbageOffice said:

@Admirice Is there any information you'd like to share from the whole collection you have? Perhaps something that really surprised you? Does your collection also include video material? I remember Matt Cross mentioning tons of material being recorded and he only used a small portion for the AHFOD doc.

I also find it interesting that you've mentioned "Tommorow" to be one of your favourites. Is there anything that you like even better? Not sure what to ask in general because I don't know what things you're comfortable answering.

Sorry I don't want to go into the details about my digital hordes of Coldplay. Tomorrow is my absolute favourite among all the other songs I've heard.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zetherio said:

It's really hard for me to pick the top 3 because I loved everything, but right now if I had to choose I'd say:

1. Famous Old Painters (Both versions are really great, but i prefer Viva version)

2. Tomorrow

3. Spanish Rain

The Viva version was changed because the band wasn't happy with it obviously 

1 hour ago, Admirice said:

Sorry I don't want to go into the details about my digital hordes of Coldplay. Tomorrow is my absolute favourite among all the other songs I've heard.

Is Gardeners on the Frontline a real song

2 hours ago, Benjod25 said:

The Viva version was changed because the band wasn't happy with it obviously 

No doubt about it! I personally prefer the Viva version because, well, it reminds me of Viva, plus that's the version we've been waiting for all this time, so it's pretty special to me. Don't take me wrong though, i love both versions. EL FOP feels like a cooler "to your face" Viva FOP's brother to me in a way. At the end of the day it just depends on my mood, that determines which version to listen.

• Like 1

I've had this question for a while but can someone help me understand how leaks effect a songs chance of being released?

I always hear people say this, especially with The Race, but how does it change anything, maybe The Race isn't a good example as it's such a well known leak (relatively), but how would these current leaks effect anything in the future; surely the amount of people who have actually heard these new leaks is miniscule.

For example, now that Famous Old Painters has leaked, would they now not release it on LP12 if that was the original plan? Because that seems crazy. 

Just realized that it's pretty crazy that only a handful of people got to listen to these leaks. I doubt it but I can't help to wonder if they consider some of these public opinions in any way, cause we are the only group of fans that voice their opinions on these unreleased tracks.

Edited by GarbageOffice
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, GarbageOffice said:

Just realized that it's pretty crazy that only a handful of people got to listen to these leaks. I doubt that it does but I can't help to wonder if they consider some of these public opinions in any way, cause we are the only group of fans that voice their opinions on these.

I think there won't be more than 500 people listening to unreleased material. Only the Coldplay diehards would bother to dig into their deep world of rare songs. But the event of songs leaking is probably historical. Future Coldplayers might look back and say wow our community had a wild time. In the end, it's all gonna be good.

I mean you never know...

Chris: "Man Tomorrow sucks, let's forget it..."
Phil: "But GarbageOffice and a bunch of other guys online said they kinda dig it"
Chris: ... 'aight then ship it" 

... and history was made lol 

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Xylobryte7 said:

But I don’t see why they would release tomorrow. The exact guitar riff is used in Fun. It became something else all together

Yeah well we had A Man Who Swears and it became People Of The Pride. They don't have to carry over the riff, they can always recreate either parts of it, the whole thing, or just take the lyrics and turn it into something new.

13 minutes ago, GarbageOffice said:

I mean you never know...

Chris: "Man Tomorrow sucks, let's forget it..."
Phil: "But GarbageOffice and a bunch of other guys online said they kinda dig it"
Chris: ... 'aight then ship it" 

... and history was made lol 

Chris won't be that guy to say his songs suck haha. Tomorrow was scrapped, the reason is mostly likely to be that the song doesn't really fit with the other songs in the MX album.

I really do think that they will release a collector edition of some sort to fulfill the wishes of diehard fans. All signs shown to be like that. Perhaps they would include some other songs that we have never heard about. I remember that Will onced said on Twitter that there's a song recorded during LP2, called I HEAR NOISES. Or something like that. I might have forgotten the title correctly. He was answering a fan's question.

After 2025, a collector edition with songs like SPANISH RAIN, TOMORROW etc etc would be the best answer for the diehard fans.

Edited by Admirice
  • Like 4
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, GarbageOffice said:

Yeah well we had A Man Who Swears and it became People Of The Pride. They don't have to carry over the riff, they can always recreate either parts of it, the whole thing, or just take the lyrics and turn it into something new.

Just wanted to point out a minor mistake: THE MAN WHO SWEARS HE'S GOD, would be the correct title referred by Chris himself. If my memory serves me right, I think at some point during MX, the song's lyrics were there on MAJOR MINUS.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lumfaothechinesehacker said:

Maybe not the right place for this but does anyone know where I can find the AHFOD demos... for science?

I´m interested too!

Chris won't be that guy to say his songs suck haha. Tomorrow was scrapped, the reason is mostly likely to be that the song doesn't really fit with the other songs in the MX album.

I really do think that they will release a collector edition of some sort to fulfill the wishes of diehard fans. All signs shown to be like that. Perhaps they would include some other songs that we have never heard about. I remember that Will onced said on Twitter that there's a song recorded during LP2, called I HEAR NOISES. Or something like that. I might have forgotten the title correctly. He was answering a fan's question.

After 2025, a collector edition with songs like SPANISH RAIN, TOMORROW etc etc would be the best answer for the diehard fans.

Do you still think the 2025 plan in on track then? Surely not

In the end, it's all gonna be good.

That is exactly why you shouldn't be hard on yourself for all that has happened. Although historical for those of us who are here, when time passes this will be nothing more than an anecdote. I'm sure we'll have good memories.

Edited by Jonan
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Admirice said:

If you guys still remember the Soundcheck song during Jan 2024, I think that's A MOON SONG. But I am not sure by now lol.

Are you just guessing about that, or do you know something👀👀

Just now, neonforest said:

Are you just guessing about that, or do you know something👀👀

Well, did some digging and a birdy told me that might be the case. But take it with a grain of salt.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Admirice said:

Well, did some digging and a birdy told me that might be the case. But take it with a grain of salt.

Ahh alright!! 

Also one thing i want to know is that does a rock version of humankind actually exist??? Chris said that the song originally used to be a rock song but they changed it to what it is now but my question is that does that rock version exist somewhere?? Has anyone ever heard it??? 

I'm also very interested in the rock version of Humankind, which I can only imagine is much better. 

I doubt Coldplay folks check the forums honestly but it'd be cool if they did and heard the die-hard message of songs we universally love. Generally we have pretty good taste.

For me, I think they are sitting on a hit with Vampire Symphony/Break of Dawn. 

• Like 2