✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The NEW 2024 Leaks Thread

Doomotron

9 hours ago, Admirice said:

I doubt that. Then people are gonna have to buy from that so called source. At least there will be a snippet circulating before it leaked in full. After all this chaos, I find it impossible for people buying more stuff and risk leaking the songs.

Edit: For people who don't have a solid figure about the prices for UNRELEASED MATERIALS, the average market prices for COLDPLAY is usually around 2K. But some minor sources would sell them below that lol. That's why I think it is impossible for people getting that much money for a song and risk leaking it.

How does it work? Do you have to ask the source for a specific song, or do they give you some kind of list to choose from?

• Like 1

So I’ve tried making my own “Coldplay era” based on the songs that were leaked.

There is an album called “On The Path Of Totality” (which those of you who witnessed the recent solar eclipse would know what this is referencing). It has 15 tracks. 5 are more bright/colorful in nature, with themes of being young and in love  (representing the sun), 5 tracks are darker in nature, with themes of love lost, death and war (representing the moon), and 5 more are bright/hopeful with themes of love again, but also gratefulness and strength (again representing the sun). The overall message is that pain and darkness are temporary and that what is light and love will prevail. There is also an EP called “Eclipse of the Neon Moons” and a couple of B-sides.

Here’s my first shot at building a tracklist:

“Sun”

1. Aeterna

2. The Astronaut 

3. Lethal Drug (feat. SZA) (every recent Coldplay album has to have a collaboration of some sort lol)

4. UFO II

5. Tomorrow

“Moon”

6. Broken

7. Olive Tree (shorter edited version that ends after aaaaarabesque) 

8. Everyday Story

9. Wedding Song

10. The Race (GS)/Earthling (Chris’ voice version)

“Sun II”

11. Famous Old Painters (Viva) 

12. Life In A Day

13. Blessed

14. The Only One (Moses Mix)

15. Wedding Bells (EL)

B sides:

1. Robots 

2. Vitamins 

Eclipse of the Neon Moons EP:

1. The Race (Whatever It Takes version)

2. Famous Old Painters (EL)

3. Royalty

4. Weirdo

5. A Wave 

Anyways, let me know what y’all think of this tracklist order (maybe some changes to be made?). It’s a work in progress 🙂 

Edited by PersonofthePride
  • Like 4

I might as well throw my hat in the tracklist ring

The EL and MOTS leaks in particular can make really good albums. For EL, I call it “Everyday Nights” and used the demos, along with the alternate edits of TIT and EL to create a cohesive album. The tracklist I’ve made is:

EVERYDAY NIGHTS

1. Weirdo

2. Arabesque

3. Trouble In Town (Edit)

4. Broken

5. Love Is A Mighty River

6. Church

7. Orphans

8. Biutyful

9. Until The Water Flows Over

10. Famous Old Painters (EL)

11. Wedding Song

12. Everyday Story

13. Wedding Bells

14. Everyday Life (Single Version)

15. Arabesque (Alt Percussion Mix) [Bonus Track]

Genuinely, I think these songs stand really well on their own as their own cohesive piece, they’re just that good. Obviously TIT and EL are kind of optional and had been added before we got more stuff to fill it out, but I still like them in there as is. I also made a complete edition of MOTS using the demos too that has a whole story and concept to it I’ll post that later when I have time.

20 hours ago, Benjod25 said:

What the hell is In The Sun 

It's a song by Joseph Arthur that Michael Stipe covered with Chris. The band later performed it at Austin City Limits (the TV show, not the festival) in 2005. Both versions ended up on Stipe's Gulf Coast Relief EP in 2006.

Edited by gustavothehuman

21 hours ago, Admirice said:

I doubt that. Then people are gonna have to buy from that so called source. At least there will be a snippet circulating before it leaked in full. After all this chaos, I find it impossible for people buying more stuff and risk leaking the songs.

Edit: For people who don't have a solid figure about the prices for UNRELEASED MATERIALS, the average market prices for COLDPLAY is usually around 2K. But some minor sources would sell them below that lol. That's why I think it is impossible for people getting that much money for a song and risk leaking it.

Just out of curiosity, are Coldplay leaks considered expensive, cheap, or average?

20 minutes ago, Galal said:

It's also very very similar to the guitar solo from High and dry by Radiohead and the chorus of It's Time by Imagine dragons 

I hope they change the riff it's unoriginal 

The riff is like the main part of the song though 

6 hours ago, Dexynboy said:

The Y too far from A. 

But good. 

Seems like the kerning is set so that the letters can't overlap. When writing COLDPLAY with a font that does that you can see that the 'arm' of the Y ends further to the left than the bottom of the A's leg is to the right.

ColdplayTomorrowCoverProto.thumb.png.8c150d532a90ecd71209e92eedff6828.png

I used PowerPoint to create a mockup and it did the same thing. Perhaps it's a flaw with the Every Typeface is a Wisefont (or whatever the name is) typeface?

Was anybody able to hear the other demos that seem to be unavailable? like 2 Aliens, Car Kids, Life is Beautiful, From Earth with Love, Mining on the Moon and Deserter, etc. Been loving all of these other unreleased songs!

Edited by vrnmdk

8 hours ago, vrnmdk said:

Was anybody able to hear the other demos that seem to be unavailable? like 2 Aliens, Car Kids, Life is Beautiful, From Earth with Love, Mining on the Moon and Deserter, etc. Been loving all of these other unreleased songs!

No was you 

20 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

Just out of curiosity, are Coldplay leaks considered expensive, cheap, or average?

Very expensive. Tomorrow was upwards of $2k USD alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

19 hours ago, vrnmdk said:

Unfortunately.. I couldn't listen.. If you make me listen to these songs, thank you very much.. I'm looking for Car Kids.. Life Is Beautiful.. When I Need Friends and Old Friends demo.. I've been looking for it for a long time, I'd appreciate it if you'd make me listen.

2 hours ago, Hamster_Pants said:

I feel like we’ve completely blown past something. What was that snippet of that country sounding song? It had a cowboy emoji for its title.

It's Houston #1.

1 hour ago, Famous Old Painter said:

Artists like Brockhampton and Kanye West have communities where fans team up to raise money for groupbuys. Maybe it's something the Coldplay fanbase could consider. 

I doubt we would be able to do it. We can try though, I do know a source or two.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, m4racide said:

I doubt we would be able to do it. We can try though, I do know a source or two.

Some people here wouldn't like us to do it, but it could work.

• Like 1

Someone could set up something like r/coldplayleaks as well as a discord server. Coldplay are one of the biggest bands in the world (much bigger than Brockhampton for instance and they pull it off comfortably) so there’d surely be enough fans to make groupbuys really easy. The issue becomes making enough people aware to make the proposition viable, but not so many that people get in trouble. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 11:38 PM, gustavothehuman said:

It's a song by Joseph Arthur that Michael Stipe covered with Chris. The band later performed it at Austin City Limits (the TV show, not the festival) in 2005. Both versions ended up on Stipe's Gulf Coast Relief EP in 2006.

Very beautiful version, I must say.

• Like 1

Hace 11 horas, Viejo Pintor Famoso dijo:

Alguien podría configurar algo como r/coldplayleaks y un servidor de discordia. Coldplay es una de las bandas más grandes del mundo (mucho más grande que Brockhampton, por ejemplo, y lo logran cómodamente), por lo que seguramente habría suficientes fans para hacer que las compras grupales fueran realmente fáciles. La cuestión es concienciar a suficientes personas para que la propuesta sea viable, pero no tantas como para que la gente se meta en problemas. 

If Mexican pesos work for you, I would like to help

Edited by WhorthyColdplay
  • Like 1