✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The NEW 2024 Leaks Thread

Doomotron

54 minutes ago, edupoint said:

If you think about it, it does make sense. I was negatively surprised when ETIAW appeared as single, but the rest of Mylo Xyloto was a very good album with really good songs, with a little bit of that pop direction but still being that rock music. Ghost Stories was incredibly beautiful with ASFOS as, again, that pop guilty pleasure. A head full of dreams in my opinion was an ok album, but not great. I love what they did in Everyday life, get away from the massive production and looking for the new spotify kids, even when I would not select more than two or three songs from that album for a top50 of the band. But listening to MOTS made (again, in my opinion) the previous albums masterpieces. Sometimes that happens because you need some time to understand and value a song or its direction, its meaning. Sometimes you just don´t understand what the hell a group is doing or why, and it takes a tour or another album to apreciate it. But other times what you though was ok becomes great just by comparison with the newest thing.

In my opinion MOTS was ruined the moment the band wrote Higher Power 

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

4 minutes ago, Galal said:

Man,the original Music of spheres tracklist was so bad that it makes the released version seems like a masterpiece, imagine if the album had these songs:

-blessed

-royalty 

- Good Feelings (Chainsmokers mix)

-From Earth With love 

The only decent song is probably Earthling still the high pitched voice is annoying.

Earthling is way better than ❤️ though. I didn't know Good Feelings was that old. There is still a chance these songs make it to the musical though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Galal said:

Man,the original Music of spheres tracklist was so bad that it makes the released version seems like a masterpiece, imagine if the album had these songs:

-blessed

-royalty 

- Good Feelings (Chainsmokers mix)

-From Earth With love 

The only decent song is probably Earthling still the high pitched voice is annoying.

The original MOTS is far better because in my view it mixes the minimalist vibe of GS with the space vibe of X and Y perfectly whilst the released MOTS apart from IS/Coloratura is a let down 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Benjod25 said:

The original MOTS is far better because in my view it mixes the minimalist vibe of GS with the space vibe of X and Y perfectly whilst the released MOTS apart from IS/Coloratura is a let down 

While i agree about the production, MOTS was overproduced but the song writing of the album tracks is much better than the songs i mentioned even tho they are still generic.

2 minutes ago, Galal said:

While i agree about the production, MOTS was overproduced but the song writing of the album tracks is much better than the songs i mentioned even tho they are still generic.

So you prefer Max Martin I guess as I'm sure those tracks you listed was written before Higher Power 

1 minute ago, Benjod25 said:

So you prefer Max Martin I guess as I'm sure those tracks you listed was written before Higher Power 

Not really

Higher power 

Humankind 

Let somebody go

Biutyful 

And obviously POTP 

Were written before Max Martin 

1 minute ago, clark595 said:

The band must go away with this interlude tracks, or included them into the songs! 

I don't mind interludes like Infinity Sign or Bani Adam or Postcards from far away 

1 minute ago, Galal said:

I don't mind interludes like Infinity Sign or Bani Adam or Postcards from far away 

Those ones are Ok! But MOTS I could easily be included in Higher Power! Same for MOTS II with My universe! 

Other examples:
• MX into Hurts Like Heaven

• MMIX into ETIAW
• A Hopeful Transmission into DLIBYH

5 minutes ago, clark595 said:

Those ones are Ok! But MOTS I could easily be included in Higher Power! Same for MOTS II with My universe! 

Other examples:

• MMIX into ETIAW

Yeah I really wish they released versions where they were combined, would make playing these songs on shuffle so much better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, clark595 said:

Other examples:

• MMIX into ETIAW

I agree but i guess it would make the song too long for some 

1 hour ago, clark595 said:

The band must go away with this interlude tracks, or included them into the songs! 

Under normal circumstances I would 100% agree but on MOTS the interludes are among the better tracks, I'm glad they're not attached to anything (MOTS2 not withstanding of course) 

9 hours ago, JPA24 said:

Earthling is way better than ❤️ though. I didn't know Good Feelings was that old. There is still a chance these songs make it to the musical though.

Earthling is a great song!But the high pitched voice is really annoying! 

2 minutes ago, glebby said:

Earthling is a great song!But the high pitched voice is really annoying! 

It's supposed to be from a aliens perspective remove that then it can no longer be a message from the stars 

13 hours ago, edupoint said:

If you think about it, it does make sense. I was negatively surprised when ETIAW appeared as single, but the rest of Mylo Xyloto was a very good album with really good songs, with a little bit of that pop direction but still being that rock music. Ghost Stories was incredibly beautiful with ASFOS as, again, that pop guilty pleasure. A head full of dreams in my opinion was an ok album, but not great. I love what they did in Everyday life, get away from the massive production and looking for the new spotify kids, even when I would not select more than two or three songs from that album for a top50 of the band. But listening to MOTS made (again, in my opinion) the previous albums masterpieces. Sometimes that happens because you need some time to understand and value a song or its direction, its meaning. Sometimes you just don´t understand what the hell a group is doing or why, and it takes a tour or another album to apreciate it. But other times what you though was ok becomes great just by comparison with the newest thing.

The biggest problem with Coldplay's fandom, specially those hating on their newer material, is overthinking. Everyday Life was made to experiment, MOTS was made to perform live. The band themselves said that. But then you arrive at places like Reddit and people are writing essays about how they are desperate for sales or becoming label puppets when nothing is ever that deep. Take the lashings My Universe received for example, all those sell out comments when in reality it was BTS who wanted and asked for a collaboration in the first place.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 2

So two new snippets... Although they could be MM songs for all I know, I allowed myself to listen to them, as they are snippets and not the whole thing. Maybe I suffer from Buckland's syndrome, relentless positivity, but I liked them both 😁
From Earth with Love's guitar is nice.

Edited by Jonan

Completely unrelated to what I just said, but you guys would be surprised with how much South Korean groups love the band, American rappers too. From my experience in other music circles, they are mostly appreciated by pretty much every genre outside of alternative rock. Quite ironic, isn't it?

Edited by gustavothehuman