🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

🌙 Coldplay: Moon Music 🎵 | Out October 4th | Discussion

Doomotron

11 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

I'm not sure if I agree but I definitely share the concern given they've done a lot of mishmash sounds since Everyday Life. 

FLIFIL is a very basic Coldplay pop song and All My Love seems like a pretty basic Coldplay ballad. Those two seem to fit on an album together. I think We Pray works as the more "serious" song on the album because it still features contributions from the full band and has some nice strings. The opener Forever Held could be the Moon Music opening song and we know One World will also include strings, so I'm thinking maybe the record is really string and ambient leaning, lovely more chill pop songs with the occasional song that maybe goes in a different direction for a few moments -- Good Feelings, We Pray, maybe on more rockier song. 

Overall I remain optimistic about Moon Music following Glasto. My favorite bit was the Marten Garrex Cover and I honestly wouldn't be upset if that was a transition track on Moon Music.

I really hope forever held is the opener.  It just was so good!

I just listened to We Pray from the Glastonbury set...

I've found my new least liked Coldplay song. What a load of tosh. Then again, the cover of Violet Hill was worse but I can forgive it because Violet Hill in its original form is a banger. Arabesque was changed slightly, but is still a very good song. The extra ending for Something Just Like This is cool, albeit has no relation to the song... It would be interesting to see if it becomes anything.

To think that I'd rather be at their 2016 show as part of the AHFOD tour says a lot.

Edited by Doomotron
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

We Pray, Violet Hill & Arabesque all together was the best part of the show, in my opinion. I think We Pray is very good. 

That all said, I do not love the overall MOTS setlist given they're retreading so many songs from the AHFOD tour. My biggest wish, and I doubt this will change, is that their setlist was just 15-20 minutes longer so there's enough time for another C-Stage deep cut and maybe one or two more deeper cuts that switch out every few nights. I wanted to buy a ticket for this tour but the setlists are sometimes so varied, for the high price I'd be bummed to get less total songs. Like during the AHFOD tour I got to see them do a Trouble, God Put a Smile and then Green Eyes on the c-stage and it was incredible.  

52 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

We Pray, Violet Hill & Arabesque all together was the best part of the show, in my opinion. I think We Pray is very good. 

That all said, I do not love the overall MOTS setlist given they're retreading so many songs from the AHFOD tour. My biggest wish, and I doubt this will change, is that their setlist was just 15-20 minutes longer so there's enough time for another C-Stage deep cut and maybe one or two more deeper cuts that switch out every few nights. I wanted to buy a ticket for this tour but the setlists are sometimes so varied, for the high price I'd be bummed to get less total songs. Like during the AHFOD tour I got to see them do a Trouble, God Put a Smile and then Green Eyes on the c-stage and it was incredible.  

I think the issue with the over-reliance on AHFOD era songs is that a number of their most popular songs came from that era and skipping them would be along the same lines as them skipping Yellow, The Scientist or A Sky Full of Stars. With that said, I'd love to see a Coldplay set list that's almost entirely formed of the more obscure songs or ones that haven't been played for a while. I'd love a good live recording of Lovers in Japan, for example - although I'd want a good Life is Beautiful live recording first, but I digress.

5 hours ago, Doomotron said:

I just listened to We Pray from the Glastonbury set...

I've found my new least liked Coldplay song. What a load of tosh. Then again, the cover of Violet Hill was worse but I can forgive it because Violet Hill in its original form is a banger. Arabesque was changed slightly, but is still a very good song. The extra ending for Something Just Like This is cool, albeit has no relation to the song... It would be interesting to see if it becomes anything.

To think that I'd rather be at their 2016 show as part of the AHFOD tour says a lot.

We Pray is banger deaf much 

As a collector, I'd like to summarize what kind of versions do we get 🙂

Vinyl:

1. Pink ECO
2. Notebook edition
3. Green Spotify
4. Blue Amazon
5. Yellow Retailer
6. Red Independent

CD: 
1. ECO CD
2. Notebook edition

Is this it? 

3 hours ago, mofo1982 said:

As a collector, I'd like to summarize what kind of versions do we get 🙂

Vinyl:

1. Pink ECO
2. Notebook edition
3. Green Spotify
4. Blue Amazon
5. Yellow Retailer
6. Red Independent

CD: 
1. ECO CD
2. Notebook edition

Is this it? 

Remember the bundles as well, because they're quite weird. I've bought the standard record + notebook CD edition, which has the media as described but seemingly does not come with the notebook, just the standard manual. However, based on the length of both manuals and the images I believe their contents are the same, just the notebook has a less interesting background.

I was thinking that maybe coldplay will release singles every full moon till album release because there are usually 3-4 singles per album so here is my prediction calendar with what songs I think will be singles:

Jun 21: feelslikeimfallinginlove (obviously)

Jul 21: jupiter

Aug 19: wepray

Sept 17: goodfeelings

36 minutes ago, WaddleBurr said:

I was thinking that maybe coldplay will release singles every full moon till album release because there are usually 3-4 singles per album so here is my prediction calendar with what songs I think will be singles:

No chance of that. If any of those became a hit, they wouldn't want to be releasing *another* single only 4 weeks later.

1 hour ago, WaddleBurr said:

To be clear, even though Music of the Spheres received seven singles, only three were released prior to the album and one of them was only a promotional one (although I think Coloratura should have been the lead single with an epic music video).

56 minutes ago, Yes? said:

No chance of that. If any of those became a hit, they wouldn't want to be releasing *another* single only 4 weeks later.

fair enough. This is my first time following info on an upcoming coldplay album as I became a big fan about a year after MOTS (but I knew some of their older songs long before that as my mom is a fan of the first 4 albums). It is an optimistic. point of view but we have a really small time frame between reveal and release so I don't think it is too out there.

22 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

To be clear, even though Music of the Spheres received seven singles, only three were released prior to the album and one of them was only a promotional one (although I think Coloratura should have been the lead single with an epic music video).

Honestly I don't really even know the difference between single and promotional single. But I agree that coloratura should have been the first one (we never got a video ):). A more real approach to my theory is that we get 2 singles before the album and it is every other full moon. But it is coldplay so anything is possible. 

I kind of hope (with no evidence) that One World gets the Coloratura/Midnight treatment before the album. A Film for the Future seems to be a music video for it, so you never know. It might be a smart move, it'll calm down the "Newplay sold out" crowd temporarily. And more importantly, it'll give those million people a chance to hear where their voices went. Having a million people listen to your song would make it an automatic hit. 

56 minutes ago, Yes? said:

fair enough. This is my first time following info on an upcoming coldplay album as I became a big fan about a year after MOTS (but I knew some of their older songs long before that as my mom is a fan of the first 4 albums). It is an optimistic. point of view but we have a really small time frame between reveal and release so I don't think it is too out there.

22 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

Honestly I don't really even know the difference between single and promotional single. But I agree that coloratura should have been the first one (we never got a video ):). A more real approach to my theory is that we get 2 singles before the album and it is every other full moon. But it is coldplay so anything is possible. 

I don't know why it posted twice. My computer died as I hit submit reply and when I booted it up it just re-replied

Anyway,

53 minutes ago, Famous Old Painter said:

I kind of hope (with no evidence) that One World gets the Coloratura/Midnight treatment before the album. A Film for the Future seems to be a music video for it, so you never know. It might be a smart move, it'll calm down the "Newplay sold out" crowd temporarily. And more importantly, it'll give those million people a chance to hear where their voices went. Having a million people listen to your song would make it an automatic hit. 

I really hope One World comes out soon but I have my doubts. I do wish the "Newplay sold out" crowd would shut up as I get second hand embarrassment because I was one of those guys several months back (I found a comment of me on a youtube video from me that was 8 months ago hating on modern coldplay today). 

Edited by WaddleBurr
clarifying something I said
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 8:46 PM, WaddleBurr said:

I just noticed that coldplay accidentally released Feelslikeimfallinginlove as an album not a single on apple music.

IMG_3531.jpg

I hate posting twice in a row but after almost two weeks they finally fixed it. I don't know why it was bugging me so much but now I can look at their apple music page without being slightly annoyed. Truly an important issue.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 9.35.00 PM.png

• Like 1