✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What's your favourite Coldplay B-side??

Nick4Chris

Guest diogo_sg
I know ! It's so much fun if you discover stuff here and there, and wish you it lasts for a long time ;) . When I came to the forum I thought I really know everything. And I nearly did, but turned out I had never heard of the song Lhuna, for example. Now I'm afraid I really have listened to everything available :(

Here is the best quality of A View From The Top that is available:

[video=youtube;SufQelzQtx8]

Too bad this is the best quality avaliable [emoji22] It could've been a great album song. From which era is it btw?

"I live to see the world"

Guest diogo_sg
I believe it's from AROBTTH... but I'm not certain. Oddly enough A View From the Top is the name of one of Gwyneth Paltrow's movies

Thanks! I googled the song and the movie showed up too. Coincidence? Destiny? Who knows? [emoji6]

I've never heard it too!! There are so many unreleased tracks I have to hear!! [emoji38]

Discovering the very depths of a band's back catalogue is an adventure for sure!

Have you ever listened to Sweet Marianne? It was only played live and it is an X&Y era song that Will wrote for his wife.

Guest diogo_sg
Discovering the very depths of a band's back catalogue is an adventure for sure!

Have you ever listened to Sweet Marianne? It was only played live and it is an X&Y era song that Will wrote for his wife.

Indeed!

I didn't even know such song existed! Jeez!! I feel like I only started knowing Coldplay now!! I'm gonna hear it now

Guest diogo_sg

That song should have been released in an album!!! I swear it on the moon and the stars above!! [emoji7] [emoji7] [emoji7] Will is a great songwriter!

Guest diogo_sg
In a Vivaish style chant...

"We need a B-side album....We need a B-side album"....whispers very gently ...pretty please with a [emoji523] on top ...[emoji5]️

Yeah we do, yeah we do [emoji4]

For me, it seems like I have a new favorite b-side evey week!, but right now, i am hooked on 'I Ran Away.' .... especially the part when Chris sings the word "fool" and it matches perfectly with the note played on Guy's bass.

About "A View from the Top": It is from the Baltimore soundcheck on the 16th of September 2002, to be accurate :) So yeah, this is the AROBTTH Era. In fact, the complete (low quality) video of the Baltimore soundcheck is in available in the forum's multimedia section. As for the title, be aware that this is not an official song title but it was dubbed as such by a fan based on the line you can hear in the chorus, so it need not to have anything to do with the movie...

And kudos to anyone who loves I Ran Away too :thumbsup:

Guest diogo_sg
About "A View from the Top": It is from the Baltimore soundcheck on the 16th of September 2002, to be accurate :) So yeah, this is the AROBTTH Era. In fact, the complete (low quality) video of the Baltimore soundcheck is in available in the forum's multimedia section. As for the title, be aware that this is not an official song title but it was dubbed as such by a fan based on the line you can hear in the chorus, so it need not to have anything to do with the movie...

And kudos to anyone who loves I Ran Away too [emoji106]

Thanks!

Too bad we can hardly hear anything [emoji24]

In a Vivaish style chant...

"We need a B-side album....We need a B-side album"....whispers very gently ...pretty please with a [emoji523] on top ...[emoji5]️

We sure do need a B-side album! I hope that one day there will be an official "Complete B-sides" album because in my opinion almost every B-side is a gem and some of them are even better than album tracks!

Guest diogo_sg
We sure do need a B-side album! I hope that one day there will be an official "Complete B-sides" album because in my opinion almost every B-side is a gem and some of them are even better than album tracks!

Two words:

Ghost Story

I love the album, but this b-side surpasses every song that made it to the LP, both lyrically and instrumentally.

non-albums songs I like:

Crest Of Waves

School

The Goldrush

Atlas

Wish I Was Here (feat. Cat Power)

1:36

One I Love

Death Will Never Conquer

Careful Where You Stand

For You

Brothers & Sisters (especially Trouble Version)

I Ran Away

Gravity

Proof

Sleeping Sun

A Spell A Rebel Yell

Things I Don't Understand

The World Turned Upside Down

See You Soon

Don't Panic (Blue Room Version)

Such A Rush

Easy To Please

Moving To Mars

Rainy Day

Glass Of Water

Prospekt's March/Poppyfields

All Your Friends

Ghost Story

O (Part 2/Reprise)

maybe I forgot something, but it think that's it

Guest diogo_sg
non-albums songs I like:

Crest Of Waves

School

The Goldrush

Atlas

Wish I Was Here (feat. Cat Power)

1:36

One I Love

Death Will Never Conquer

Careful Where You Stand

For You

Brothers & Sisters (especially Trouble Version)

I Ran Away

Gravity

Proof

Sleeping Sun

A Spell A Rebel Yell

Things I Don't Understand

The World Turned Upside Down

See You Soon

Don't Panic (Blue Room Version)

Such A Rush

Easy To Please

Moving To Mars

Rainy Day

Glass Of Water

Prospekt's March/Poppyfields

All Your Friends

Ghost Story

O (Part 2/Reprise)

maybe I forgot something, but it think that's it

Sooo, basically every non-album songs ever made by Coldplay, right? [emoji1]

Sooo, basically every non-album songs ever made by Coldplay, right? [emoji1]

Ahahah... no, not every song, there are some missing (I Bloom Blaum, Only Superstition, Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground, ecc ecc)

BTW, I just can't pick one of that list, they're all good :)

Guest diogo_sg
Ahahah... no, not every song, there are some missing (I Bloom Blaum, Only Superstition, Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground, ecc ecc)

BTW, I just can't pick one of that list, they're all good :)

*basically* [emoji6]

And I agree with you. They are all great.

But don't you like I Bloom Blaum and NMFWTTG??

*basically* [emoji6]

And I agree with you. They are all great.

But don't you like I Bloom Blaum and NMFWTTG??

It's not that I don't like them, on the contrary I know most of them by heart, but I find them average songs, quite "forgettable" (pass me the adjective) if you compare them with the others

Guest diogo_sg
It's not that I don't like them, on the contrary I know most of them by heart, but I find them average songs, quite "forgettable" (pass me the adjective) if you compare them with the others

I understand [emoji6] Even though I'm a big fan of NMFWTTG

Guest diogo_sg
Also, i don't know if it's only me, but isn't this song extremely similar to Til Kingdom Come ?

I don't think so. But, then again, that's my opinion [emoji6]

Two words:

Ghost Story

I love the album, but this b-side surpasses every song that made it to the LP, both lyrically and instrumentally.

Ghost story is certainly a great b side, one of their best in my opinion. Entirely better than MX or GS. [emoji23]