✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

As you mightve guessed, I think Keane suck a bunch of ballsacks.

Youd think having no guitar or bass is an interesting idea and then 5 songs in your like "Oh god... killmekillmekillme" it just drags on.

I didnt mind one song, how did it go, it was like typical indie uppity crap, this is the laaast time...dudhduhd duh.

Reminded me of another typical indie uppity crap song, Gravity's "Ashes" all the ashes you gaaaave to me. They dont sound like directly alike, but same kinda job.

What the hell am I doing.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't like their album that much, but the few songs that i did enjoy off the 'hopes and dreams' album i've become devoted too.

so i'm going to go see them in toronto when they come next month...mostly just for the excuse of going to toronto to shop. but hey, hearing 'we might as well be strangers' live will be nice.

i'm not really a fan of them...but i think they write good songs for the people who do like that type. I don't agree that if you like Coldplay, you'll like Keane :/

Plus, there is a kind of bass sound in some of their songs, even if it's not a proper bass guitar.(not that i dislike them anymore for that) i don't really like it when bands take out the essential freqencies...(No Bass with White Stripes) i always feel like there's something missing, that should be there. And there is, a Bass. Just my opinion like. :)

i certainly don't dislike Keane because the singers head is 5 stone in weight...i don't care or see what that has to do with the music :bobby:

I really dislike this band... ok. is different a band with a piano instead a guitar, but, Ben Folds Five did this before!! and another bands too. I saw the concert of Mexico in a videos´channel, and they are sooooooooo boring!!!! just they miss something.... :rolleyes:

Why does it always rain on mexico: Zu

they are actually really good live, saw them supporting Travis back in March. They were great then, and they were only just breaking through. Tom has an amazing voice. I agree with some comments - the album did seem a bit samey at first. However, give it time, is my best advice. I came back to it, and i realise why so many people love it now. Not as good as Snow patrol or Thirteen Senses though. n x

wow...big words that you throw at me.

i am not a nazi in no way.

i know its just opinions and i do respect opinions actually. and it wasn't really pointed at people on here (haven't really quoted or directly attacked some did i?) its just that i heard so much people bitching and insulting and slagging Keane off taht i am fed up with it. if you tell me in a reasonable way why you don't like them then okay i have to accept that (i don't put Keane higher than everyone else btw) but most of the times i hear people saying "their music is crap and oh yeah the singer is a hobbit"...no reasoning there.

i am sorry if i looked too like someone who can't accept other poeple's opinions. i can do that very muchly.

I actually meant the NAZI thing in a joke way, reading back over it, it didnt come off. :( Sorry.

I know what you mean but thats opinions. We dont have time to research everything and listen to everyones side of the story, we make quick judgements, in this case some guy saw the video for "Somewhere only we know" and thought it sucked and the singer looks like a hobbit.

Its pretty simple. Im sure you do it, its natural.

yes it didn't come off very well even tho understood how you meant it.

but i seriously am not like that.

i don't know of course i sometimes judge also like that but usually if i have no clue about the badn then i don't comment. and i sureley not comment just to say how bad they are.

anyways....it alos could be that i am just too much involved in the Keane thing and that i have gotten quite sensible to thes kind of comments. i long tried to ignore but i just had to vent abit. sorry.

Awww dont worry about it Esther, no apologies.

They are very talented 'Chen, I'll admit that. The pianist is good, the singer can sing very well and has a fairly original voice, the drummer, can drum. They sound v. good live, if I'd compare them with any band here locally, there would only be one outcome there, Gahd.

but most of the times i hear people saying "their music is crap and oh yeah the singer is a hobbit"...no reasoning there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: a hobbit!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: certainly, that´s not a reason for attack some artist...

Anyway, I think is a horrible band really... but, let´s see what happen with them at future...

Mexico is a mess: Zu

Today in the computer rooms I heard a conversation between some guys..

It went something like this...

"... if you water down Coldplay, take out the guitars, you've got Keane"

MAN ALIVE! :o I turned around and said to the guy "surely they're not that bad...." but he was not gonna change his mind :rolleyes:

The cheek of some people! :stunned: