✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

wow.. I guess its a "distinct" few that do enjoy them!! I honestly bought the cd becasue I too enjoyed "somewhere only we know".. but after giving it a couple of spins... "your eyes open", "sunshine", and "bedshaped" became a few of my faves.. give it a another go.. its not that bad.. but then again.. i didnt pay much for it.. so maybe that has impaired my judgement? :P

Actually I was talking to somebody from the UK, and she said its obvious Keane is the biggest band there, not to mention sold out gigs in Los Angeles and San Diego...How is that for "distinct few"

;)

wow.. I guess its a "distinct" few that do enjoy them!! I honestly bought the cd becasue I too enjoyed "somewhere only we know".. but after giving it a couple of spins... "your eyes open"' date=' "sunshine", and "bedshaped" became a few of my faves.. give it a another go.. its not that bad.. but then again.. i didnt pay much for it.. so maybe that has impaired my judgement? :P[/quote']

Ja, I can't stand people comparing them with Coldplay. I mean, the wouln't be more different... Keane are like boring, they music isn't as strong and powerful as Coldplay's. Do they really say they're more like Travis?? I cannot stand that neither, Sure they would like to be like them. For me there's an important succesion in that kind of music: first, the innovative Radiohead, then Coldplay and maybe Travis with a little different style... but not Keane. NEVER, that's more like the the lost link in the music world.

Your 15, go do your homework....

Ja' date=' I can't stand people comparing them with Coldplay. I mean, the wouln't be more different... Keane are like boring, they music isn't as strong and powerful as Coldplay's. Do they really say they're more like Travis?? I cannot stand that neither, Sure they would like to be like them. For me there's an important succesion in that kind of music: first, the innovative Radiohead, then Coldplay and maybe Travis with a little different style... but not Keane. NEVER, that's more like the the lost link in the music world.[/quote']

the moral of the story is music doesn't please everyone all of the time :cool:

so true my friend...

but I can honestly say.. now that I have become a fan... I was a bit dissapointed to find out the NY show was sold out... :cry: and tickets were only $15 USD!!!!!! How could I not be upset...

the album overall... takes a few listens to get use to.. but in the end.. it was worth it. I stand by my original "review" *wink wink*

Coldplay and Keane.. no way similar...... maybe they are a bit more piano driven but thats it... the music, the lyric, the sound is all on its own. No comparison there for me....

the only thing they have in common for me is that in the same way Coldplay inspired me to write again, so has Keane.. so thanks guys! :kiss: