✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

^this link don't work now :confused:

i like keane but i don't like people compare them as a copy of coldplay.

hehe when my parents went to the shop to buy me 'live 2003' dvd, (it was my bday present from them) the shop assitant told them about Keane... i think that's because she thought they are similar.. and i think bands are not similar.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^this link don't work now :confused:

i like keane but i don't like people compare them as a copy of coldplay.

hehe when my parents went to the shop to buy me 'live 2003' dvd, (it was my bday present from them) the shop assitant told them about Keane... i think that's because she thought they are similar.. and i think bands are not similar.

They're not dissimilar, but definitely not a "copy". They don't use guitars, for a start!

Did anyone get a copy of the Keane live recordings that were floating around the net like three weeks ago? From the pukkelpop concert. I heard they were topnotch and great quality, but by the time I found them the yousendits were dead.

If anyone has it and wants to post it, that's be great!

i have this record!

i have to wait 4 month to get it :angry:

• 1 month later...

Keane's "dark" return

02 Aug 05 - Keane have promised fans that their second album will be "darker" and "rougher" as they prepare to go into the studio to record the follow-up to Hopes & Fears.

The band rounded off their UK tour in style last night, as Steve Lamacq's guests at the Eden Project in Cornwall. They played three new-ish songs called Nothing In Your Way, Hamburg Song and Again, all of which may feature on the new album.

Keyboard player and songwriter Tim Rice-Oxley told 6 Music how rest of the new material's sounding. He said: "We're trying to make a record that reflects who we are now as people. I think we all know it's going to be very different to Hopes & Fears. I think it's going to be a lot darker."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20050802_keane.shtml

Re: Keane's "dark" return

02 Aug 05 - Keane have promised fans that their second album will be "darker" and "rougher" as they prepare to go into the studio to record the follow-up to Hopes & Fears.

The band rounded off their UK tour in style last night, as Steve Lamacq's guests at the Eden Project in Cornwall. They played three new-ish songs called Nothing In Your Way, Hamburg Song and Again, all of which may feature on the new album.

Keyboard player and songwriter Tim Rice-Oxley told 6 Music how rest of the new material's sounding. He said: "We're trying to make a record that reflects who we are now as people. I think we all know it's going to be very different to Hopes & Fears. I think it's going to be a lot darker."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/news/20050802_keane.shtml

oohh! sounds great! I hope its more like Untitled 1... thats song is amazing!

Anybody seeing them at the House of Blues in San Diego?...As a side note, I saw Coldplay in Concert at Coors and must be honest...they kinda lost a bit of magic. It was a good show, but not close to the energy "Rush" had. Walked out, got in my car and put Keane in...problem solved.

I REALLY recommend the new one by Death Cab For Cutie-Plans....BRILLIANT!...go buy it.

now

now

Got tickets for the show in San Diego / Casbah.

Life is good. Cant wait til the album comes out (May 25th). These guys are my favorite band of the year. Try to get a hold of a song called "Bedshapen". brilliant.

Take a listen

http://www.bandbuilder.com/keane/index.php?ref_code=E50775

AWWWWWW YEAH! :D Can't wait till the show down at the HOB/SD!!!! And of course you will be with ME! Your coolest, most loveable friend EVER!!!!!! (YOU KNOW ITS TRUE!). :P Ready for SIERRA Nevada and whatever other beers they have! BRING IT! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...