✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok.. after hearing this jam for the 6th time in a row... let me just say this is waaaaaaaaaaay better than any Coldplay leak I have heard and I anxiously await June 20th for this one! I was equally as jazzed when X&Y was about to drop... but this is KEANE!! I fell in love with Tom's voice when I saw them live.. they put on an amazing show.... and I love the incorperation of the guitars on this one...... who's playing?

very 'Edge-ish'... me likes!

It sounds like guitars are used, but it's actually the amazing Time Rice-Oxley on a digital piano with guitar sounds. Like when Richard Ashcroft sings Bittersweet and other tunes with strings, he sometimes has his pianist play the strings on the digital piano/keyboatd thingy. It's interesting how Keane actually started off with a guitar and how they gradually phased it out of the band to get the sound they were looking for. Although Coldplay Live 2003 is an excellent DVD I definitely recommend you investing in a copy of Keane: Strangers - I've only watched the 1st disc but so far it's amazing. They're comedic ways are up there with those of Mr. Martin.

GetOOOooOoOut! I heard of a few dvd whisperings when I visited the Keane board some time ago.. but didn't research it enough..... I must find this! Thanks for the tip! ;) I would have imagined that it was keyboarding tricks.. but Tim does have a strings background so one never knows... I love the fact that they are a 3 piece band.. (vocals, keys, drums) I hope their 'issues' are resolved now and can become the mega band they were meant to be here in the States... I think they'll do great.

That presale was fucking retarded, what a joke. Well, I'm going no matter what. It's my "End Of The Shittiest Year Ever: Junior Year" gift from my parents (who are more happy than ME that it's done).

My dad's making me take him with me.... he is SO obsessed with Keane. It's actually kind of cute :nice: He sings Bend and Break all the time, and never gets the words right. loool.

The Strangers DVD is awesome, I'm going to watch it tonight and be bitter about the shitty handling of the presale. They didn't put any on sale for Boston or NYC, because my mom kept refreshing it and right at 1:02 the thing popped up, and it said "SOLD OUT". It's all fake hype, I'm convinced there were no tickets. Absolutely horrible how tickets are being handled lately. Fucked out of Radiohead, might get fucked out of Keane.

Fuckers!!!!

:lol:

If the very limited amount of presale tickets is sold out, tickets should be available for purchase from Ticketmaster on the 19th of May

Idiots who handle this... they damn well better be on sale on Friday, or I'm going to go on a killing spree.

That is not an empty threat, by the way.

OMG.

*repeats mantra*

I will not download the new songs. I will not download the new songs.... I will not... I will.... not....

Oh noooo..... Maybe just the ones I already know... :bigcry:

Wow. Nothing In My (?I thought it was Your? All my old versions have it that way...) Way has changed a lot from the way I remember it (I only have old '05 boots the feature it). Probably my favorite of their new songs so far. What a great melody...

Alright. I promise I'm done spamming this thread with my randomness.