✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lucky you :( and they won't come to the czech republic :angry:

It's really sad... I notice that a lot of great bands never going on a tour through East European countries. Even Coldplay never performed in Poland or the Czech Republic I think. Hope you'll have a chance to see them sometime.

Coldplay were in Poland

Are you sure?

I don't think so. Just looked on that amazing concert list of another coldplay site and I didn't find a gig in Poland. I remember that a lot of Polish fans came to Leipzig, when they performed in this city two years ago.

Well, it's off-topic, because it's not about Keane sorry.

It's really sad... I notice that a lot of great bands never going on a tour through East European countries. Even Coldplay never performed in Poland or the Czech Republic I think. Hope you'll have a chance to see them sometime.

But the most interesting is, that a lot of popular artists visited the Czech republic.. Just think about Christina Aguilera, Pink, Red Hot Chili Peppers.... And Keane had a perfomance in Vienna, which's really near to Czech borders.

Exciting news from my corner.

I submitted the picture I posted earlier to the official Keane website.

THEY POSTED IT!

I'm super psyched. I'm linking you all to the page. You'll know it's mine because under it says "Picture by Rachel" and that's me. 8D

http://www.keanemusic.com/news.php?action=get&id=1459&y=07&m=02

saved them all

It was a bit weird to see the three band members take their spots on the stage. Fans conditioned by years of rock concerts couldn't help but think that the stage looked somewhat empty without a guitarist. We kept waiting for a six-stringer to show up and plug in.

Chaplin then scolded the crowd, "If you are sitting on your asses, you should be standing up."

That was an odd piece of advice to give the audience. Keane played a few numbers that somewhat qualified as rock anthems, such as the "Hopes and Fears" number "This is the Last Time," but it mainly stuck to moody, melancholy, mid-tempo tunes that are best enjoyed while seated.

Yet, Chaplin acted like he was fronting AC/DC.

"Please, if you can make more noise, then do so," he said to the audience.

The crowd responded with sizable rounds of applause as Keane continued through such fan favorites as "Everybody's Changing," "Nothing in My Way" and "Hamburg Song."

The crowd erupted when the band latched on to the first album's "Somewhere Only We Know." Still, the vocalist wasn't completely happy with its effort.

"I thought that was pretty good," he said. "But for the next song, we want you to go even higher."

people who attended the show and were fans of Keane would've known the line-up and never expected another member to come out with a guitar, afterall they are known for that characteristic.

as for being part of the audience at this show, how awkward lol i would've felt terribly uncomfortable, i mean their songs and style isn't exactly hard rock, so dancing to their songs [in a way i assume Tom would've liked] is just bizzare.

I loved Tom's energy at our show. It really pumped me up. I mean, I know you can't dance, but I think what he wanted was to hear the crowd singing along as loud as possible.

I dunno, I like energetic, cute guys with singing voices. Hence why I have such a massive fangirl crush on Tom Chaplin. XD

last night Keane played on the Ellen show here in Aus [it was aired here yesterday so we're possibly a week ago in the US ? ] and played a bad dream. it was great! Tom hit every note perfectly and fair enough the song doesn't have as much hype as crystal ball but i was stuck to the tv - it was a great performance!

Hey I'm new in the forum! And since I really like Keane I had to post here :D

They're coming to Argentina (I'm sure you know that) to a music festival. But I'm still hoping they come back to do a full show (I'm pretty sure that since it's a festival they won't play too many songs :\ ).

They're coming to Argentina (I'm sure you know that) to a music festival. But I'm still hoping they come back to do a full show (I'm pretty sure that since it's a festival they won't play too many songs :\ ).

Welcome and well done for having such good taste!!:cool:

Hi there! Welcome!

I'm sure Keane will pay a visit to Argentina eventually. Why wouldn't they?