✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

Winnie' date=' he has quite soft skin, doesn't he? :P[/quote']

I AM JEALOUS. :c I aim to test this hypothesis! When they roll back to Seatown I am so gonna be like, "TOM CAN I FEEL YOUR SKIN?! SOMEONE TOLD ME IT'S SOFT." :laugh3:

Oh man, these shows sound like so much fun... I can't wait for them to come back!

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subject Keane announce UK arena tour!

Body: Following their sold-out UK and European tour, Keane are proud to announce their first dates for 2007, a UK Arena tour in February and March.

Tom Chaplin told us: "Our recent tour has reminded us of why we picked up our instruments and started making music in the first place. After the problems I've had this year, I felt the best buzz of my life getting back amongst the love and boundless enthusiasm of our fans and now we want to take that to another level."

The dates are as follows...

keanetourwtf1.jpg

Tickets go on general sale on Friday, but we're very pleased to confirm that keanemusic.com is offering a presale for the shows through The Shop at http://www.keanemusic.com. The presales will all begin at 10am on Wednesday morning (Nov 22).

Don't get me started on this :angry: I'm really happy for you guys but... You just had them!!! What the fuck about US?!

:\ ugh. whatever. Best of luck to those who can make it to the gigs ;) I'm happy for YOU at least!

Also:

Date: Nov 20, 2006 6:49 AM

Subject See Keane in London, tonight!

Body: Tonight, Keane are performing 3 songs at a recording of Channel 4's Album Chart Show at KOKO in Camden, London. We've just been given 75 pairs of tickets to give away to you folks. Click here if you'd like to enter our competition to win a pair - we'll be letting the winners know just after 3pm this afternoon.

Link to win: http://83.245.79.74/reg/reg.pl?id=1181-23794

Yeah! And they haven't been to Ireland in YEARS even. There's tons of places. All the people on the Keane board are getting all righteous cuz they feel like they're owed something, so they jump down the throats of anyone who says "what the hell what about the US?" cuz we thought that's what the announcement would be. Yeah, well, so they didn't tour the UK as much as they should have awhile back. The UK didn't exactly have a ton of dates canceled on them either. So I don't think those people have gained the ability to say things about "being owed" anything.

:rolleyes:

Sorry it's just....

I don't know. I don't think I'd even want to go if they were US dates :\

^They shouldn't! I would not mind at ALL if they had announced some sort of world tour, even if they excluded the US. Even South America, they get screwed around as well. It's completely unfair.

It's just the fact that there was the big announcement that everyone was all excited about and it was just the same places, aaaall the time, that they JUST. PLAYED. I get they want to show their hometowns some love, but CHRIST.

It's all for money, though. Arena's selling tickets are a lot more profitable than coming to some place where they'll only play to MAYBE a thousand.

But the fans... :\

Ah well. I'm just disapointed with this, really disapointed.

yeah money that Slovakia doesnt have of course,so i can go to hell

hahahahahahahah and music taste of this country is horrible,hardest part was about 15 weeks number in radios and fix you,speed of sound and talk werent ever in top 20

lol I really feel for you but this post make me laugh :lol:

O well, A LOT of fans will miss out but what can be done? There are heaps of bands (well-known and not) that i would love to come here and perform, but that's not going to happen anytime soon...I just thought Keane would've seriously considered here.

keane_under_)the_iron_sea.jpg

Song Writing: The song writing on Under The Iron Sea, I would have to say, is just not as good here as the first KEANE album. It’s not bad, the first half of the disc is definitely a lot more listenable than the second. Keane's lyrics are nice at times, but nowhere near Hopes and Fears. The production is nice, I can hear all the instruments nicely and in proportion. Overall it’s sad to say, but I do not feel Keane have reached the level of artistic style as with Hopes and Fears. The song writing has a new feel to it, so that is good, but as a whole. I’d rather listen to “Hopes and Fears”. I still see Keane as a better version of Coldplay. I am going to rate this album 3.5 out of 6 only because the first 5 tracks hooked me, but the the disc didn't reel me in.

Keane Under The Iron Sea

TRACK BY TRACK REVIEW:

1. “Atlantic”: Pretty cool intro track, it really does feel like

you are traveling across the atlantic. Great opening for an album.

(3/5)

2. “Is It Any Wonder?”: A definite homage to U2’s “Zooropa”. The bass, guitars, drums… it really does sound similar. The

intro really gets me into this song, its wild, its crazy. This is

Keane’s most energetic song to date. It is pretty catchy. It’s nice to

hear Keane do some harder music. (4/5)

3. “Nothing In My Way”: Supposedly this song was based off

Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”, I still don’t get it. The song has a

building, droning verse which leads up to a nice chorus with beautiful vocal harmonies. Very good tune from Keane. (3/5)

4. “Leaving So Soon”: Early U2 comes to mind when I hear those

Ahhh Ahhh Ahhhs. Another beautiful track, nice pianos and vocals. (3/5)

5. “A Bad Dream”: A very nice KEANE ballad, sometimes it bores me, but

it is nice. (3/5)

6. “Hamburg Song”: just an organ piece and it really dragged me down (1/5).

7. “Put It Behind You”: This is just aweful. The verses are quite

annoying with those quarter note organ notes… just annoying if you

ask me. The vocals are lame too. The chorus doesn’t get much

better. (1/5)

8. “Crystal Ball”: Another U2 influenced track. Some real Adam

Clayton base-like playing here. The chorus is pretty catchy and awesome vocals there. (4/5)

9. “Try Again”: Keane did a kinda lullaby-ish track. Puts me to sleep

(1/5).

10. “Broken Toy”: More like a broken song if you ask me. The drum pattern here totally ruins the entire track. Not sure what Keane were going for here, but they missed it. It is the most unlistenable track on the Under The Iron Sea. (1/5)

11. “The Frog Prince”: A less than mediocre song. The melody and chord progressions don’t really move anywhere. (1/5)

(3.5 Stars out of 6 )

http://www.rikksrevues.com/keane_under_iron_sea_CD_review_buyCD_RGR0017665564788.htm

"what the hell what about the US?" cuz we thought that's what the announcement would be.

I thought so too, I was all excited expecting it would be US tour dates, I was already thinking about where I was going to get the money to pay for the tickets:lol:. They just played the UK! Pfft, whatever. :\

I still see Keane as a better version of Coldplay. I am going to rate this album 3.5 out of 6 only because the first 5 tracks hooked me, but the the disc didn't reel me in.

i agree with the album. nearly all tracks on hopes and fears are great but majority of songs on UTIS are just... . . .not really anything, not memorable at all.

when i compare keane and coldplay, it's lyrically and instrumentally where coldplay are more diverse and way more abstract. coldplay are always no.1 with keane one step behind, imo of course.

when i compare keane and coldplay' date=' it's lyrically and instrumentally where coldplay are more diverse and way more abstract. coldplay are always no.1 with keane one step behind, imo of course.[/quote']

What you said. Although I love UTIS a ton. I listen to it far too much!

As for Keane touring the UK... I made a blog about it this morning (I'M GOING HOME TO BLOG ABOUT THIS WAH) saying they should really come back to the US. :/ I mean, I've never seen them live, and would love to.

Hmmmm... well, I guess I'll just have to wait a while longer... but didn't Tom say himself that their favorite country to play was the US? A while ago, pre-UTIS, I believe I read some article stating that... anyone able to confirm this?

So who else got tix to see them on tour next year yet? I've got two standing tix for Wembley!! :dance: :D

I wanna some tickets for Vienna. They were there when they did "Hopes and Fears" tour, but not now. :( Even though I hope they'll come here one day :D

I read an article in today's czech newspapers. Keane would like to come to Prague. Tim and his wife have already been in Prague, and they loved it. I'm so happy! :happy:

EDIT: One girl on the official board posted a picture of the article, so I could post it also here. But you wouldn't understand anything :lol: But you could see the photo (which is a well-known one :laugh4:)