✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

keane_top.jpg

KEANE RETURNS TO THE U.S.

GRAMMY NOMINEES ANNOUCE WEST COAST DATES

(Santa Monica, CA) - British trio Keane returns to the United States in January for a brief West Coast run before going home to the UK for their sold-out tour.The band is headed back to the West Coast, fresh from receiving a Grammy nomination for their hit "Is It Any Wonder?"

The song, from Keane’s second album, Under the Iron Sea, is nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals.This is their second Grammy nomination, following last year’s nod in the Best New Artist category.

Keane will play the following venues:

January 26 - Los Angeles, CA - The Wiltern Theater

January 27 - Berkeley, CA - Berkeley Community Theater

January 29 - Portland, OR - Roseland

January 30 - Seattle, WA - The Paramount Theater

Keane will return to the U.S in March for more tour dates!

Keane is on ELLEN!

Be sure to catch Keane on January 26, 2007 performing on Ellen!

KEANE is featured on iTunes BEST OF 2006!

Keane is currently featured on iTunes’ Staff Favorite Albums, Staff Favorite Songs and is also one of their Best Seller Albums of 2006!

To purchase "Under The Iron Sea," click HERE.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keane:

Live From the Apple Store, London (iTunes exclusive):

http://rapidshare.com/files/8429645/Keane_-_Live_From_Apple_Store__London_EP.zip

Nothing In My Way

Everybody's Changing

Crystal Ball

A Bad Dream

This Is the Last Time

Hamburg Song

Somewhere Only We Know

Is It Any Wonder?

i wonder why they left "dirrtylicious" out? according to keane.at the setlist was

1: Nothing In My Way

2: Everybody's Changing

3: Crystal Ball

4: A Bad Dream

5: Dirrtylicious

6: This Is The Last Time

7: Hamburg Song

8: Somewhere Only We Know

9: Is It Any Wonder?

hmm... what a pity!

Thanks for the exclusive!!

I liked the Bad Dream video. Kind of trippy in a minimalist way... though I think Tim and Richard should have been in there... although, and maybe I'm looking too deeply into this, it looked like it could've been about Tom's struggle. Like, he starts in the dark, pre-fame, and then the white becomes fame, and the black he enters at the end could be drugs again? Any thoughts? Just an interpretation. The song fits quite well, in any case... and fit very well for being the first song I heard today, considering I had a nightmare last night. XD

"dirtylicious" is only available as a video on the official site (keanemusic.com)... so i ripped the audio - and here it is!

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=7EYM4RA4

remember - it's the fifth track from the apple store gig posted above - so the concert is complete if you play it between "a bad dream" and "this is the last time".

Thanks for this!! :nice:

"dirtylicious" is only available as a video on the official site (keanemusic.com)... so i ripped the audio - and here it is!

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=7EYM4RA4

remember - it's the fifth track from the apple store gig posted above - so the concert is complete if you play it between "a bad dream" and "this is the last time".

Thank you! I ripped the video from the site, but it's very small and pretty low-quality. If it's still wanted, I'd be glad to upload it. :)

^ thanks a lot Odo! :D

i really like the a bad dream video. i was captivated from start to finish. i only watched it once and i'm sure there is a lot more to it than appears ... but yes, great video!

once again, keane should come to australia already!

oh and before i forget ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU FANtastic, WONDERFUL, Lovely COLDPLAYERS :nice: :dance:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Keane softly charms faithful in Berkeley

Keane vocalist Tom Chaplin kept imploring the crowd to be louder during his band's concert on Saturday night at the Berkeley Community Theater.

Too bad we weren't given the chance to ask the same in return.

Keane, widely known as "the band with no guitars," plays fairly soft, sensitive pop. It's pretty -- or pretty boring -- depending on where one's taste in music lies. The group might be perfect for those who find, say, Coldplay or Air Supply overly stimulating.

There's little doubt that there's a sizable audience that appreciates the British trio, which also features keyboardist Tim Rice-Oxley and drummer Richard Hughes.

Keane has sold millions of its two major-label releases, 2004's "Hopes and Fears" and 2006's "Under the Iron Sea," and packed the Berkeley Community Theater to capacity with fans who seemed to know the words to most of its songs.

The group did, however, make the local crowd wait -- nearly four months. Keane was originally scheduled to play at the Greek Theatre in UC Berkeley back in early October, but it canceled that date -- as well as the rest of its fall North American tour -- when Chaplin checked into a clinic for drug and alcohol problems.

The vocalist seemed in fine form this time through town. Chaplin sounded strong and he worked the stage with a great deal of enthusiasm. Yet, he still appears to be in the process of finding his own individual style.

Like a person who constantly hears the comment "You know who you remind me of?" Chaplin continually stirs images of other celebrities. At times, he sounds pretty darn close to Chris Martin of Coldplay, the band Keane is most often compared to, and his stage persona is a mix of U2's Bono and an "American Idol" contestant.

He also has a definite Rob Thomas thing going on and, as one fan noted, toss some glasses and a scarf on him and he could double for Harry Potter.

More significantly, however, is the fact that the group itself has managed to conjure up a fairly distinct sound.

It was a bit weird to see the three band members take their spots on the stage. Fans conditioned by years of rock concerts couldn't help but think that the stage looked somewhat empty without a guitarist. We kept waiting for a six-stringer to show up and plug in.

In contrast, the music sounded full and rich as Keane opened its set with a New Wave-tinged version of the "Under the Iron Sea" track "Put It Behind You."

Chaplin then scolded the crowd, "If you are sitting on your asses, you should be standing up."

That was an odd piece of advice to give the audience. Keane played a few numbers that somewhat qualified as rock anthems, such as the "Hopes and Fears" number "This is the Last Time," but it mainly stuck to moody, melancholy, mid-tempo tunes that are best enjoyed while seated.

Yet, Chaplin acted like he was fronting AC/DC.

"Please, if you can make more noise, then do so," he said to the audience.

The crowd responded with sizable rounds of applause as Keane continued through such fan favorites as "Everybody's Changing," "Nothing in My Way" and "Hamburg Song."

The crowd erupted when the band latched on to the first album's "Somewhere Only We Know." Still, the vocalist wasn't completely happy with its effort.

"I thought that was pretty good," he said. "But for the next song, we want you to go even higher."

The deficiency wasn't with the crowd. It just needed somebody that could take it higher.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/mld/cctimes/16570915.htm

Hey guys! I just got back from the Seattle concert. Wow! They were spectacular live! And Tom is just amazing. This concert didn't help my crush on him ease at all. XD

Anyway, me being the silly fool I am, what with school tomorrow (and a play! D:) I didn't pick up one of the CDs if they were there. If anyone here HAS this CD, would you be so kind as to send it to me? If not, I'll have to scour eBay or something...

Thanks in advance. :] And btw, if you want the setlist, I'll hook you up.

Keane's heartfelt pop

keane03_story.jpgkeane01_story.jpgkeane02_story.jpg

In a Berkeley, Calif., show, UK rockers deliver a rousing set of piano-laden Britpop.

Either Tom Chaplin's recent rehab stint has done wonders for his outlook on life, or he plays a good game of make-believe on stage.

Chaplin, lead singer of the Britpop trio Keane, led his band through a rousing set of heartfelt, piano-laden Britpop Saturday night at the Berkeley Community Theatre--think Coldplay without a guitar or bass in sight.

But in a series of monologues between songs, he seemed to be making his pitch for rock star you'd most like to bring home to mom, exhorting fans to get fired up, but doing so with a politeness that belied the band's recent history.

"Please, if you can possibly make more noise, then do so," he said at one point.

Chaplin referred to that history several times throughout the 90-minute set, alluding to his decision to enter rehab last fall just as the band was set to embark on a US tour in support of its multiplatinum sophomore album, Under the Iron Sea. Several times Saturday night, Chaplin referred to last year as a "very dark period" for himself and the band.

At least on this night, that turmoil seemed to be a distant memory, with Chaplin bounding about the stage and leading the band's rabid fans through lengthy sing-alongs. Kicking off the 90-minute set with "Put It Behind You" from Iron Sea, Chaplin belted out earnest lyrics over drummer Richard Hughes' steady beats and keyboardist Tim Rice-Oxley's multipronged melodies.

In front of a spare-but-compelling backdrop of flat panel TVs and street lights of varying shapes and heights, the band occasionally ventured into melancholy but never seemed to stray far from the sweet and amiable.

Even in introducing the somber antiwar track "A Bad Dream," which was prefaced by a recorded reading of the W.B. Yeats poem, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death," Chaplin was ultrapolite in his criticism of the Iraq War.

"These days your country and my country are off bombing other countries...I know that this part of the country has always generally been peace-oriented." "A Bad Dream" proved to be the most compelling song of the night, with Chaplin singing lines like, "I'm too tired to be fighting, guess I'm not the fighting kind" as vintage footage of a couple slow dancing while wearing gas masks played behind him.

The set closed with engaging versions of "This Is the Last Time" and the hit singles "Is It Any Wonder" and "Crystal Ball."

Overall, it was a night of sweet, melodious pop--the kind that makes for great date music but not much else.

http://www.mp3.com/news/stories/8432.html