✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rate the latest movie you've seen

*Justine*

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to write something legitimately long about 127 Hours.

Hoooly crap. Just came back from seeing it. I don't even think my mind is fully wrapped around how truly amazing it was.

Firstly, I've never seen a Danny Boyle movie before. I heard all the craze about Slumdog but that movie never looked interesting to me. To be honest, I just thought he was a crazy director who did movies that don't mean anything, they're just acid trips.

Well Mr. Boyle, you proved me wrong with this one.

The thing is, he didn't have to do that much. He could've had one set for 2/3 of the movie and just focus on that part, Aaron sitting in his cave, stuck to his death. But he didn't. He went above and beyond to completely make you feel like it wasn't Aaron, it was you in that cave. And you were the one who was completely alone.

James Franco was mind-blowing. It takes a hell of a lot to just make me feel bad for a character when I'm in the movies, and he had me on the verge of tears. You know, if you do that to me, you're doing a hell of a job. The man lost 40 lbs for the role, you can tell he's dedicated.

If he doesn't get the Oscar I'll be seriously fucking pissed off.

This movie is not for the faint of heart. It's rated R for basically 2 reasons: language (which is meaningless, we all curse) and the gore. There's only one gory scene, you know. When he cuts off his hand.

And they show everything. I mean, EVERYTHING. It was like the first Saw movie, but actually a little worse.

If you can brave it, do.

This movie is spectacular. Can't wait to see it again.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Isn't it Charlie And The Chocolate factory?

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is the Gene Wilder 1970s version. Fuck it's weird.

Now Matilda - that is an AWESOME Roald Dahl film adaption!

I forgot to review this one, I watched this a while ago.

Blur: No Distance Left To Run

10/10

:heart:

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - 6/10

Aww shucks. :disappointed:

Care to give a review in the Narnia thread, please? :wacko:

(I don't want to spam this thread with something out of topic, but you could post here if you want)