✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Favorite Movie Soundtracks

Guest DavidG

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More (Soundtrack by Pink Floyd)

The Fountain (Soundtrack by Kronos-Quartet and Mogwai)

Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait (Soundtrack by Mogwai)

Zabriskie Point (Soundtrack by Pink Floyd and others)

• 2 weeks later...

Kandukondain Kandukondain a Tamil movie

Music by A. R. Rahman

one of the most lovely fun (and funny) music i've heard liked it even better

than the big budget bollywood movie music.

i didn't know this

"Andrew Lloyd Webber, a well known composer of musicals, was impressed with Rahman's unique style and therefore hired him to compose his maiden stage production Bombay Dreams (2002). This play was well received in England. Furthermore, Rahman, along with the Finnish folk music band Värttinä, composed the music for The Lord of the Rings theatre production"

check his info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._R._Rahman

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well I thought I'd bump this thread because of a very familiar piece I found in a commercial for u2's latest album. After looking it up I found it has also been used in trailer's for World Trade "Center", "Munich", and most recently, "Milk".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQqgvuqX-Z8&feature=related]YouTube - The Life of David Gale - Jake Parker - Soundtrack[/ame]

After hearing it over and over it just struck as being the ultimate score for a movie's climax, soaring with the passion, intensity, and emotion that every blockbuster film composer attempts to imitate. For the sensation it tries to deliver, and I can't imagine any other piece of film music being more effective.

Anyway, thought I'd share it, because it's one of those tracks that everyone seems to recognise, but never seems to know where it's from.