✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

~*~ The Official Will Champion Appreciation Thread ~*~

Breakfast_of_CHAMPION

Why there's always someone who thinks (THINKS) is better than everybody else?

C'mon, man! Get a life! Do you sing as Will does while he's drumming? How many instruments do you play?

God's sake...

Get a life,huh? You have more of one doing what? Yes I can sing as well as I normally can when not drumming,when playing moderately fast.

Umm...any percussion instrument,the piano pretty well,learning trumpet,and teaching myself guitar.

I'll give him a small break since the drums aren't his first instrument.But seriously,if you have any rhythm at all,the drums should be cake to you.

The drums are seriously like the easiest instrument in the world to play,but he makes it look difficult with his speed.

Nothing personal against Will,just.....what's to be absolutely fascinated about with him?

Chris is like the most amazing musical artist,when it comes to playing,writing,and singing(at least my opinion) and the guitarists in Coldplay are pretty darn good as well. Will? Ehh.....just a cute teddy bear who plays in your guys' favortite band

He does the most important job in the band, he breaks Chrissy balls and makes him write better songs. No telling what kind of shit Chris would write or release if Will wasn't there to tell him no. Everyone needs something to push them to their best and for Chris it's trying to impress Will.

Lazy, refer to Angie's post ^^^^^

Chris might delve out his heart each time he writes a song and present it to the band but Will is there to put it in order and form a coherent song of it. Otherwise I'm sure we'd have mess of emotions spewed into the music.

IT'S NOT THE FUCKING CHRIS MARTIN BAND. It's called a team. They all lean on each other and quite honestly they LOVE IT. But obviously you don't know what that is, being a one man show yourself.

Will's crumming is basic because it fits the songs and the style. Can you imagine Coldplay with really complex drum beats or Will surrounded by 6 toms live or something? He's no Orri Dryason.

It's got nothing to do with his skill as a drummer. I love Will because he's nice, intelligent and effing adorable. So just let us admire a good guy, okay?

Get a life,huh? You have more of one doing what? Yes I can sing as well as I normally can when not drumming,when playing moderately fast.

Umm...any percussion instrument,the piano pretty well,learning trumpet,and teaching myself guitar.

I'll give him a small break since the drums aren't his first instrument.But seriously,if you have any rhythm at all,the drums should be cake to you.

The drums are seriously like the easiest instrument in the world to play,but he makes it look difficult with his speed.

Nothing personal against Will,just.....what's to be absolutely fascinated about with him?

Chris is like the most amazing musical artist,when it comes to playing,writing,and singing(at least my opinion) and the guitarists in Coldplay are pretty darn good as well. Will? Ehh.....just a cute teddy bear who plays in your guys' favortite band

Chris Martin's lyrics of late are some of the worst I've heard. Don't give him credit for the coldplay sound. Like the others have said, it's a team effort. And from all 4 not just guy jonny and chris.

And have you ever heard Will sing?? :rolleyes: I quote Chris Martin......."he can also sing like an angel"

So lets draw an end to this discussion...you're not getting anywhere.

That must be why you're so famous. I can't believe you even have the time to come on here and lecture us about how fab you are, what with your world tours and multi-billion selling albums......... Oh wait, that's Will, sorry my bad.

Oh, my God! Your comments are sooo great!

Why doesn't this guy just give up? Well, maybe because he's not able to realise how great Will is. What's this? Oh, yes, being self-important.

Yeah, yeah, of course you can do all these things... But I bet you're not as nice and sweet (as people who met him say), are you?

**DeeDee, your pics are AMAZING!

Will's crumming is basic because it fits the songs and the style. Can you imagine Coldplay with really complex drum beats or Will surrounded by 6 toms live or something? He's no Orri Dryason.

It's got nothing to do with his skill as a drummer. I love Will because he's nice, intelligent and effing adorable. So just let us admire a good guy, okay?

I absolutely agree. Coldplay is simple but beautiful and complex in so many other ways. They build off each other to write amazing songs. Like in Politik the lyrics were first "Look at earth from outer space, isn't this a crazy place..." One look from Will and that line was changed. Coldplay wouldn't be Coldplay w/o Will, just like Coldplay wouldn't be Coldplay without any of the guys. Chris Martin is amazing, but is made out to be better just because he's the front man. Don't take away any more of the light away from the rest of Coldplay then what has already been taken.

:drummer::heart:

Will Love. :D

Coldplay is a BAND. It's not a one-person show.

So, with the good and the bad they are together.

I like Coldplay. I like the band. And I like all the members. You can like their music and not like the drummer for example- you don't have to.

**DeeDee, your pics are AMAZING!

Thanks! I've posted a bunch of the second CP's gig in Argentina in the Argentina's thread (International section).

Quote:

"If you don't like Will, then don't come into this thread! As simple as that!

It's like me going to your house to talk sh*t about you.

:)

Will is a very open, nice guy. I've met him and I'm sure of that."

That's true, and not necessary to know to him, I know that he is kind.

Quote:

"If you don't like Will, then don't come into this thread! As simple as that!

It's like me going to your house to talk sh*t about you.

:)

Will is a very open, nice guy. I've met him and I'm sure of that."

That's true, and not necessary to know to him, I know that he is kind.

He has been SO nice to us argentinian fans that I could not say anything less than that.

How great he is?

What is he great at?

Someone tell me......

Oh and he's famous because their sounds is great,and because Chris is brilliant.

That's why...

Chris is famous for being married to gwyneth paltrow....:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but the Coldplay sound has been created by the entire band not just chris. Yes he writes the lyrics and comes up with melodies but without the rest of the band he'd still be singing to girls trying to get them to fancy him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY-bo2BA3Zc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRN8nxUsxgE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCtaD4-oMOg (young william! young everyone actually! It's amazing how much Chris's accent has changed...!)

I don't think you can particularly classify jonny's or guy's guitar riffs as complicated. In fact Coldplay songs on the whole are relatively easy to play (even I can play some and I suck!). So, yeah, in comparison to other bands Will's drumming is fairly straightforward. I agree with you! There's nothing fancy about his playing, he doesn't show off with 10 minute drum solos, but he does play what's right for the rest of the band and that's what matters. So please don't come here to noise people up with your comments about him having no talent. You are sorely wrong mr. He's equally as talented as the other members of the band (more so in some cases I think!:laugh3: ). If you were to ever meet Mr Christopher Martin he would tell you the same.

Would In My Place be as memorable without the drumming at the beginning....?

Have you seen them live? Have you felt the goosebumps during Fix You when the drums kick in?

And lets not forget......were it not for Will there wouldn't even be a Coldplay!

Now piss off and leave me to my willuving....

Coldplay is a BAND. It's not a one-person show.

So, with the good and the bad they are together.

I like Coldplay. I like the band. And I like all the members. You can like their music and not like the drummer for example- you don't have to.

Thanks! I've posted a bunch of the second CP's gig in Argentina in the Argentina's thread (International section).

Yes,I love Coldplay,but think Will is NOT a good drummer....at all!

And I never said Coldplay was a one-man show,though Chris is infinitely more signifigant.

And yeah,he may say it's a team or group effort,like I believe someone said,but they can be average,and the group's sounds will still work,but if Chris isn't amazing,what are they?

And besides,what group member of ANY group would say," It's all because of me"?

It's common sense to bring your fellow teammates up.

And yes,Will is famous and I am not,but what does that prove?

Fame only means you are in the spotlight; doesn't indicate talent.

Using your feeble logic,Tony Royster Jr. is inferior to Will's drumming,since,after all,he is no where near as famous as the superbly talented Will Champion-who you love completely irrationally.

How famous was Will,or any of the band members,in their late teens?

Answer that,and maybe you won't impulsively say stuff next time.

And Will is famous because he plays in a band with good guitarist and the most amazing frontman to ever walk the planet. His drumming is slow,but he stays in rhythm,while everyone does more than an average job. We praise him for being apart of a team effort where he is clearly the least talented at his instrument-and certainly not even GREAT(to say the least).

Why?

Coldplay makes Will-Chris makes Coldplay.

I'm sorry,but he does. Anyone who says," It's a group effort" is kidding themselves. Deep down you know what really makes Coldplay phenomanol:

it's Chris Martin.

Saying:"It's a team effort" about Coldplay may make you feel apart of the heavy emotion-induced fanbase,but I'd rather be realistic and view things how they really are,whether or not I'm in the minority,whether I'm the devil's advocate,or whether it's just simply unpopular opinion.

Get real: Chris Martin plays more of a role in their succes than probably the other members combined.

If you guys could compart mentalize,or simply put down the estrogen pills,you would see how amazing Will is.

Once again: take your Iq;put it to the right,and take your emotion and put it to the left:everything is clear!

I think we all know who started the Church of Chris Martin now. :lol: Don't you have some more sermons or prophecies to write ? Go on, get to it. Go bow before your posters and meditate.

and what the fuck does "compart mentalize" mean? and don't even start with estrogen, I doubt you even know a thing about it. Want to get technical? I'll school you on the endocrine system.

Jen you said all the right things but this kid is just delusional.