🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

What are you reading right now?

Salem's Lot by Stephen King

It's amazing so far. Like it was actually scary. I've always tried to look for books that actually creep me out, and this one does it. Because it contains a bit of my biggest fear (which is smaller children getting hurt/killed).

It's especially awesome because my English teacher knows I have trouble finding good books, so finding one I love is a miracle.

Anyone care to recommend anything else really scary for when I'm finished with it?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just shoot your question! I already finished it a while ago coz it proofed to be a real page-turner.

okay, my question is... how did Jonathan Harker got out of the Count's castle? I know he appeared later in a hospital, right? but in the book nothing was really explained, and apparently the count did nothing to him, which is weird...

Sorry if that sounds inaccurate, I read the book about 5 years ago, but when I did I was wondering if my book was incomplete or smth.

okay, my question is... how did Jonathan Harker got out of the Count's castle? I know he appeared later in a hospital, right? but in the book nothing was really explained, and apparently the count did nothing to him, which is weird...

Sorry if that sounds inaccurate, I read the book about 5 years ago, but when I did I was wondering if my book was incomplete or smth.

Sorry, took me a while to get back to you; went on a holiday.

Tbh, I asked myself similar questions. I think Harker escaped in the daylight running to the next village and there taking a coach to the next train station. He boarded a random train going north ie ending up in Germany (or Austria?). There he was taken to a hospital. Dracula didn't touch him because he was supposed to be killed by the other three vampire ladies living in the castle. He, however, managed to flee beforehand. If he had stayed one more night he might have been their victim.

Have people stopped reading?

Primo Levi - The Periodic Table

I finally found it... I got it from the university's library. I'm so happeh! :awesome:

Sorry, took me a while to get back to you; went on a holiday.

Tbh, I asked myself similar questions. I think Harker escaped in the daylight running to the next village and there taking a coach to the next train station. He boarded a random train going north ie ending up in Germany (or Austria?). There he was taken to a hospital. Dracula didn't touch him because he was supposed to be killed by the other three vampire ladies living in the castle. He, however, managed to flee beforehand. If he had stayed one more night he might have been their victim.

ok, no problem. :nice:

but wait... that's a supposition from you mainly, right? cause the book doesn't really say anything about it. :|

btw, I remember that when the vampire ladies were trying to seduce him, Dracula said, don't tocuh him! he's all mine... or something like that... So how he really got out of Transilvania was to me really confusing. :thinking:

Jonathan Franzen - The Corrections

You're a books devourer. :surprised:

I finally found it... I got it from the university's library. I'm so happeh! :awesome:

Hope you'll enjoy it. :)

ok, no problem. :nice:

but wait... that's a supposition from you mainly, right? cause the book doesn't really say anything about it. :|

btw, I remember that when the vampire ladies were trying to seduce him, Dracula said, don't tocuh him! he's all mine... or something like that... So how he really got out of Transilvania was to me really confusing. :thinking:

Yes, first Dracula prevented him from harm because he still needed Harker. Instead he appeased the ladies with another victim. Do you remember the sack? However, he never intended to let him escape his premises as "food" for the other vampires eventually. Towards the end of the book Mina briefly mentions the lucky escape of her husband and him being spared from the ladies.

As I said before I found this part fairly confusing too. Dracula left for London, leaving Harker to the ladies. But it was daylight and Harker seized the opportunity, only having to avoid the gypsies.

Now I am wondering if the film by Coppola shows his escape. Maybe it'd give some insight. ;)

You're a books devourer. :surprised:

It's coming to an end now as I have to prepare for uni, thus being stuck with a book about financial reforms by Stiglitz. lol