• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

INTERPOL UPDATE~!!!!!

CHEERS TO TERCAT FROM THE IMB FOR THIS ONE:

All right... here's what I've got, taken from my notes.

Daniel is in London at the moment. They're currently mixing the record (in New York, I think). They wrote the songs last year and recorded in November. Unlike the other albums, this time they went into the studio without anything written. Daniel wrote a lot on his own before they went into the studio this time. He said they had a really good energy in the studio after having had a proper break from touring and promotion.

The interviewer asked about the move to Capitol/Parlophone and Daniel said they like the people they're working with at Capitol, and the fact that Parlophone is so good in the UK was a part of their decision.

The record was recorded in New York this time--not at the studio in CT as the other two albums were. This meant that after a day in the studio they could all go home to their normal lives.

He said they've been less obsessive on this record and more open. He used words like "relaxed" and "balanced" to describe how work on the album has gone. He did say that the record "had" to be made in New York. I think what he meant was that they couldn't have made this record anywhere else--in terms of how it sounds.

He described the new album as more open, with more atmospheres and new/different elements. This time instead of writing some parts after others, they wrote all the different parts (keyboards, for example) together. He gave the impression that the album will have a broader, more varied sound than previous efforts. He said that they haven't been over-thinking this record.

He mentioned that they've found that sometimes touring and creativity don't go together well... that they need to be able to get together alone in a rehearsal space to make new music.

He said that the song titles are not necessarily finalized yet, but he did reveal that one song will be called "Mammoth." He also said that there is no album title yet. He couldn't confirm which festivals they'll be playing this summer, but he did say that they'll be playing some. They hope to be done with the record by next month and plan to release it in early summer--hopefully June!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

These were her notes from the interview earlier in BBC6 with Lamaq..... here's the link to the d/l of the interview provided by nelstorr from the IMB :)

Interpol - Interview Daniel Kessler BBC 6music Steve Lamacq Show [15-2-2007]

wow a date on the release???? thats news to me... but knowing EMI, they'll try for that date to get its sales in on time for the 3rd quarter sales to kick in... (end of 2nd) just like they did with X&Y a few years back.......

I heard the album is done, and they are in the mixing stages... so maybe this summer!!! :D

ok here's a little treat for those of you who may not have seen it before.... I recorded this at the Narrows Festival as well 2 years ago.... its one of my favorite pinnacle Interpol moments :nice:

^the link might not play as of yet... I just uploaded it to YOUtube... :)

• 3 weeks later...

NEWS courtesy of the IMB!!

I wish I lived in Canada! Canucks get to see them first! :P

-Ellen

-------

After years of waiting, long stretches of silence, and the ramping up of fan expectations, Capitol Records recording artists Interpol have finally announced...a Canadian tour!

With Interpol's third album tentatively scheduled for release "early this summer", the first people to hear new material won't be the crowds at Coachella or NYC's hipster elite. Rather, they will be the citizens of Ottawa, Ontario, where the band will launch a brief pre-Coachella trek in mid-April.

Interpol are working on the album right now with producer Rich Costey, who has worked with everyone from Franz Ferdinand and Bloc Party to Rage Against the Machine and My Chemical Romance to Fiona Apple and the Swirlies. Should be interesting.

Dates:

04-15 Ottawa, Ontario - Capitol

04-16 Kitchener, Ontario - Element

04-17 London, Ontario - Cowboys Ranch

04-20 Winnipeg, Manitoba - Garrick Center

04-22 Calgary, Alberta - MacEwan Centre

04-23 Edmonton, Alberta - Event Center

04-25 Vancouver, British Columbia - The Commodore

04-27 Indio, CA - Empire Polo Field (Coachella)

05-27 George, WA - The Gorge (Sasquatch!)

07-01 Werchter, Belgium - Rock Werchter

07-07 Naas, Ireland - Punchestown Racecourse (Oxegen)

07-08 Balado, Scotland - T in the Park

Source: Pitchfork

They;re playing T in the P this year on the day I'm going which I'm pretty excited about! They're my friends favourite band but she will be in the states for it so has given me strict instructions to record as much or it as possible for her :laugh3: