Travis

lucyinthesky

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: :lol:

yeah it's weird the way you still take in things while your asleep :o

when i was younger and learning spellings i used to get my mam to read them to me while i was going to sleep and while i was sleeping!! :lol: :lol: :blush:

I love it also!!! Catchy song... I heard some critics have said it's going to be a "darker" album than their previous ones - and as far as I know, the album cover will be.. a... wait for it - black splodge of paint on a blue background.. :stunned: not sure though! We shall wait and see!

Travis star weds Trainspotting actress Kelly in Scots castle

To celebrate my 2000th post (yay me! :D), I'll post the recent news about Dougie Payne (Travis bassist) and his wife Kelly :D

TRAVIS star Dougie Payne and his actress wife Kelly MacDonald married yesterday in a romantic castle ceremony.

Trainspotting star Kelly didn't try to hide her glee as she showed off her wedding ring and planted a kiss on her rocker husband outside Castle Lachlan on the shore of Argyll's Loch Fyne.

Bass player Dougie, 30, married Kelly, 27, in a civil ceremony attended by frontman Fran Healy and drummer Neil Primrose.

Slipping his arm around her afterwards, he told the Record: "We had a great day. We've been really lucky with the weather."

But he refused to lift her into his arms, joking: "No, my kilt might fly up and scare your readers."

Around 100 guests saw the celebrity duo marry in a white marquee in the shadow of the 18th century stately home.

The happy couple looked every bit the laird and lady for their big day.

Kelly, who played a maid in the Oscar-winning period drama Gosford Park, swept down a red carpet in a 1930s style white chiffon gown towards Dougie, who was looking very country gent in a green tweed jacket and matching kilt.

Family and friends burst out laughing as the organist purposely went out of tune during the Wedding March and launched into You Are My Sunshine.

The day's fun theme continued after the 30-minute ceremony as guests sang along and waved their hands in the air as the newlyweds walked back up the aisle to the Beatles classic All You Need Is Love.

They then spilled on to the lawn of the 1500-acre private estate - which costs £2600 a week to rent - for a champagne reception and were expected to party into the wee small hours in a second marquee erected in the castle grounds.

Earlier, a fleet of dark blue Mercedes had taken guests to Stachur and the castle seat of the MacLachlan clan.

The 200-year-old venue is divided into two properties and the happy couple hired out the front wing complete with wood panelled hallway with open fire, billiard room and drawing room with grand piano.

Drummer Neil was one of the first to sweep into the mile-long private road up to the castle.

The kilted dad-of-three, who narrowly cheated death in a swimming pool accident last year, smiled broadly as he bounced a little girl on his knee.

Singer Fran, also kilted, arrived shortly before the 2.30pm ceremony with his fiancee Nora Kryst.

Kelly's mum, who lives on Skye, and her younger brother, David, 23 were also expected among the guests.

A small team of security guards blocked all available routes into the remote castle.

But Kelly, who bought a home with Dougie in London last year, was determined her wedding would not be a glitzy, showbiz affair.

Following her engagement she insisted: "I wouldn't want anything grand. I'd hate to have helicopters circling or people hiding in the organ."

True to her wishes, the simple wedding celebrations began on Tuesday night with a meal at a local country pub, Inver Cottage.

Many guests also stayed at the nearby Creggans Inn, where Fran and Neil were spotted enjoying lunch before heading to the wedding bash.

Dougie popped the question in New York two years ago and the couple soon decided to hold their wedding at Castle Lachlan, where Travis guitarist Andy Dunlop married Jo-Anne Monaghan last year.

Soon after getting engaged, Kelly revealed: "We were at the top of the Empire State Building when Dougie suddenly dropped on one knee and I realised what was happening.

"I thought, `Am I meant to say something or is there something I should do?' I didn't know quite what to say but `yes' seemed to work."

Kelly's glamorous wedding was a far cry from her humble beginnings.

The daughter of a painter and decorator, she grew up in a Glasgow council house.

It was while working as a 19-year-old barmaid that she landed her Trainspotting role as Ewan McGregor's schoolgirl lover.

Her most recent part was as an investigative journalist in the BBC TV drama State of Play.

© Daily Record

Oh yeah, is it just me or the video keeps freezing? :/ (the 256kb one) - I get it with all their videos on travisonline.com - I even tried to download it and it showed it the best way.

So I had to watch the 56kb one :rolleyes: I guess it's a nice video, nothing special just yet - it gets interesting afterwards, so I hear :smug:

Mine worked okay...it's just a clip I think (the new video)

The 256kb looks much better than the 56kb...I can see that new video through media player but not real player...it's weird

I also wasn't able to hear there new song on their site... :/ don't know why

I heard the new song on the radio yesterday though!! Yay!

...and then you do it again....