lucyinthesky

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's an e-mail exclusive, well I think it is anyway. lets pretend it is :D

Travis present the album 12 Memories.

To be released October 13th(UK), through Independiente

The one-time 'invisible band' - Travis - return after an absence of some two years

with their fourth LP 12 Memories.

12 Memories is Travis at their most powerful, poignant and effecting. It is an album

that sees Travis explore lyrically darker themes - the forthcoming single Re-Offender,

released September 29th, tackles the hidden crime of domestic violence. Musically,

too, there is a sea change: Travis have rediscovered a spirit of adventure and set

sail on courses new. This is a far edgier and brooding set of songs than anything that

has gone before. Yet, Travis still possess an eloquence and an ear to a fine tune.

As Fran points out "In the past Nora, my fiancée, inspired a lot of the songs about

love. But we're solid now so I felt it I could move on. September 11 was the start of

something. I can now see how fragile the world is."

12 Memories is the Travis album that almost never was. Just over a year ago drummer

Neil Primrose sustained a spinal injury. Medical opinion was that Neil would be

unlikely to walk again. For Fran, Dougie and Andy, there were no 'ifs' or 'buts'

about it. No Neil. No Travis. They subsequently cancelled all plans.

Three weeks on from that accident, Neil was sitting at his drum-kit. It was not a

Lazarus-like resurrection but given time Neil was going to recover as long as he took

it easy. While he recuperated, the band took six months off. This was their first

true break since 1999, when The Man Who went supernova (and multi-platinum).

"We hadn't anticipated the success of The Man Who and by the time of The Invisible

Band little cracks were beginning to appear," explains Fran. "Suddenly we weren't

this little band in Glasgow any more. We desperately needed to take a step back and

re-evaluate. Neil's accident was devastating and almost the end of Travis. This band

would not exist without one of the four members. Neil's recovery was amazing, we

were all given another chance.'

As 2002 drew to a close Travis reassembled at Crear, West Scotland. They set up a

makeshift studio and once again lived the communal life that they had led when they

first came to London in 1996. They would stumble out of bed and play songs still

dressed in their pyjamas. They would wander up the road to the pub owned by Neil's

parents and have a few shots of malt. After two weeks they had written and recorded

nine new songs. "It was like falling in love again," says Dougie. "Crear seemed like

a healing place."

And indeed it was.

Travis returned to the studio at the start of 2003. They relocated to Real World near

Bath and worked towards completing 12 Memories. There was one further change in the

Travis dynamic. This time they opted to oversee production of the record - the Crear

sessions being produced by the band and Steve Orchard; additional production and mixing

at Real World was undertaken by Tchad Blake. And in, 12 Memories they have made their

best record yet. As Dougie so succinctly puts it:

"It just feels like us."

Travis are expected shortly to announce a set of shows to coincide with the

album's release.

12 Memories

1. Quicksand

2. The Beautiful Occupation

3. Re-Offender

4. Peace The Fuck Out

5. How Many Hearts

6. Paperclips

7. Somewhere Else

8. Love Will Come Through

9. Mid-life Krysis

10. Happy to Hang Around

11. Walking Down The Hill

(And the 12th memory? Discover for yourself)

A preview of the cover artwork for 12 Memories is now online in our preview section.

Twelve Memories Release Dates:

08/10/03 Japan

13/10/03 UK and Europe

14/10/03 US

Also previewing today on Travisonline:

Re-Offender: Full Video.

The full length video for Travis' new single "Re-Offender" is now online. And we can

guarantee this is Travis as you've never seen them before.

Directed by Anton Corbijn and shot over three days in and around the band's home

town of Glasgow the full length video is available in the preview section of

http://www.travisonline.com

:cool:

Talking of Travis - i just rememberd i have the limited enharnced version of the cd- THE MAN WHO , with the extra videos of - Writing to reach you and Driftwood .

oh and the dvd of More Than Us , is pure class

HTTT :sneaky:

I just got the DVD for more than us and saw it today!

They are so awesome! That Glasgow audience was great! The band is too funny. I've never seen them play live. Has anyone ever been to any of their concerts?

haven't been to a concert of theirs, hopefully will someday. looks like fun on the dvd, and i heard things about them. am seriously thinking of flying to chicago again so i can see them. i need to get a frequent flyer card for chicago, been there twice this year to see coldplay. ---enid