• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new blog by dougie:

well well well

the summer of festivals is over.

and it's been a great one.

last night was the perfect way to finish it off.

just back from ireland and what can i say?

astounding reception from a beautiful crowd.

i believe franny has put it in his top ten ever shows and i am not inclined to disagree.

(hope that's not too many negatives in one sentence).

the cois fharraige festival is a wee gem in an emerald.

i recommend you head down/over for it next year cos that thing is just going to get bigger and better. great atmosphere and organised so well by really great people.

thanks to everyone who was there. you made it a special one and we had a ball.

new songs went down fantastically again and we're now looking forward to doing a few more of them on the uk tour.

(gonna have to lengthen those setlists i fear) [---> :cheesy: <---]

anyway, hope everyone who came to all the summer shows from istanbul to kilkee and everywhere in between had as much fun as we did and to everyone coming to the uk shows,

hope you have a great time.

single out next week, album out soon.

good times.

i'm off to watch andy murray take on federer.

go on son.

bye for now.

Just got this email now!

UK Instore Appearances

Travis will be playing live instore and doing a signing session for fans at two special instore events this month during their UK tour.

Friday 26th September

Fopp, Union Street, Glasgow

5pm

Monday 29th September

HMV, 5 South John Street, Liverpool

5pm

I'll be at the Liverpool one! :dance: can't wait :D

^ ^ it says in the email to go and check in the stores to find out more details on how to get admission. Your best bet is to go into the HMV store or phone them up. I'm gonna phone them tomorrow. If you haven't found any information out before I do then I'll let you know what they tell me tomorrow

listening to "tail of the tiger" at the moment - anyone else thinks that this is another AMAZING b-side?! already in love with that song, seriously.

/edit: okay and now "used to belong" is brilliant as well.... ahhhhhh, great new songs!! :heart:

^ ^ it says in the email to go and check in the stores to find out more details on how to get admission. Your best bet is to go into the HMV store or phone them up. I'm gonna phone them tomorrow. If you haven't found any information out before I do then I'll let you know what they tell me tomorrow

Just rung them now and they don't have any info yet, other than Travis are going to be there are on the 29th. He said to try again next.

So whens the new album out. Sorry I'm so out of the loop.

29th September. Not long to wait now.

Just rung them now and they don't have any info yet, other than Travis are going to be there are on the 29th. He said to try again next.

Thanks Fixed, I've just phoned up myself and got told the exact same thing. They told me to ring next week.

Number for the HMV store in Liverpool is 0151 706 7420, give them a ring next week they said to me you might need a wrist band but nothing has been confirmed as of yet

^Disagree completely. I think 'Something Anything' is brilliant. Goes back to their roots and the 'Good Feeling' days. As for 'Song to Self,' I love it too and I think it could become a Travis classic. Bit different to the live acoustic version though which I though was really beautiful, like 'Closer' from last year which I think for me is 2nd only to 'Why Does it Always Rain On Me?'

They are back and in top form IMO. The first half of last year's album was some of their very best stuff but unfortunately, at least for me, a fairly mediocre 2nd half let it down overall.

If the rest of the new one is anything like the 2 album versions we have heard so far (can't really tell too much from youtube live versions) then this album will easily be up there with their best IMO. :)

isn't it out yet?

I enjoyed their last album a lot. And personally compared to massive junk that was released that year it's not mediocre to me.

I hear a lot about a band beeing fresh air and things like that, get excited, get the album...listen and...disappointment again. i'd rather hear something old but still good then something ''out of this world'' which is, however, a garbage.