✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Doctor Who ???......

interpol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i find the "tate-ster" so very annoying...but not as annoying as i thought she would be in it

It isn't just her - it's the scripts.:dozey:

When Billie Piper was in it the storylines were more serious.

Now it seems to have turned into Monty Python.:dozey:

i see what u mean....but dont use monty python as an example.......monty python's are the funneist things ever in my mind...doctor who comes nowhere near to that lol :D.

and they were more serious...i think i liked christopher eccleston more than david.

i see what u mean....but dont use monty python as an example.......monty python's are the funneist things ever in my mind...doctor who comes nowhere near to that lol :D.

The point is that Monty Python is meant to be farcical. Dr. Who shouldn't be.

That Agatha Christie episode was one of the most pathetic ever.:dozey:

She was OK in the Silence of the Libary and Forest of the Dead... ! Espically when she got turned into a node. She got serious then !

I am sure she wont be in it for much longer. Who remembers the episode Pompiei

it was quoted again in the preview for next weeks episode there is something on your back.

Yeah, because farting aliens giggling about making a stink in Downing Street is ever so serious. :P Or how about all the jokes about the guy who's head opened by snapping his fingers. Or Captain Jack anything. And that's just the first season.

Doctor Who has been farcical since day one. It was the first thing I noticed about the show, sometime around when they wheeled Cassandra out for the first time. RTD episodes are especially farcical on a whole other level- it's just the way he writes. He likes his scifi a little over-the-top. (And most of the crazy elements in other scripts are RTD tweaks too, if you listen to the commentaries.) Even what I've seen of the old days of Who had plenty of farce- right down to a silly "I am the walrus" joke.

Honestly, all scifi has to have at least a little silly humor or else it gets too dark to bear.

The point is that Monty Python is meant to be farcical. Dr. Who shouldn't be.

That Agatha Christie episode was one of the most pathetic ever.:dozey:

I adored that episode. I couldn't even breath by the end of it I was laughing so hard. Nice bit of clever fun before things got really intense- sort of like the adipose right before Pompey blew up. Not to mention it was fun seeing Who played out as an Agatha Christie story rather than having to conform to it's own structure all the time. And I'm not the only one who thinks so.

I am sure she wont be in it for much longer. Who remembers the episode Pompiei

it was quoted again in the preview for next weeks episode there is something on your back.

She said back when the season started that she was only going to be doing the one season.

I knew that I this not want to spoil it for the cluless..

yesterdays showing.. got slated on Digital Spy.. personally I thought it was very clever..

I think they must have been wanting to save the money for the final 3 episodes and also they would have to save most of their Budget to get Rose back.. :D

I hope what I have to see it, never goes.. ! Or I will be asking my local to put it on.

I must watch local TV here as its showing Doctor who once a week, I think its in the 2nd series now of the new run. So I will be able to re afirm myself with the epiosodes I missed.

However out of that I did watch Satans Pit and Domesday---

I really want series 3.. with Martha Jones.. !

I wonder who will be the next assitant. Any ideas..

also I really hope DT stays on !

Yeah, because farting aliens giggling about making a stink in Downing Street is ever so serious. :P Or how about all the jokes about the guy who's head opened by snapping his fingers. Or Captain Jack anything. And that's just the first season.

Doctor Who has been farcical since day one.

There have always been elements of farce, but now the whole show has become farcical. Some of the scenes featuring Rose were actually pretty dramatic. This week's episode was one big joke from start to finish, and there didn't seem to be any point to it. It was so bad I nearly gave up on it.:dozey:

Honestly, all scifi has to have at least a little silly humor or else it gets too dark to bear.

As I said, there's a big difference between having some humour/comedy here and there and turning the whole thing into one complete joke.:dozey:

There have always been elements of farce, but now the whole show has become farcical. Some of the scenes featuring Rose were actually pretty dramatic. This week's episode was one big joke from start to finish, and there didn't seem to be any point to it. It was so bad I nearly gave up on it.:dozey:

Funny (not), I wasn't laughing at all. I was more like this the whole time-->:stunned::stunned::shocked2: Scary stuff. I had to pause in the middle and go away for a bit it was so tense. I thought it was brilliant writing- all just sound and acting, no silly cgi monsters. And a pretty accurate portrayal of how mass hysteria like that works, from what I understand.

Funny (not), I wasn't laughing at all. I was more like this the whole time-->:stunned::stunned::shocked2: Scary stuff.

Scary?? The most frightening bit about it was that anyone could write an episode as bad as that!!

There wasn't even an explanation of how that entity had got there or why it was acting like it did.

At least you got that with the "shadow" creatures the week before.:dozey:

There wasn't even an explanation of how that entity had got there or why it was acting like it did.

Uh... yeah there was. And the fact that I have to explain it is in a nutshell why most visual-based scifi sucks- because even something with as classic a plot as this has to be spoon-fed for some people to 'get it' long after every one else has figured it out and moved on. And because with a plot like this if it was any less ambiguous, it wouldn't be as scary anymore. The shadow creatures lost a lot of their oomph when they were all explained away for example. Yes it was nice to know, but it made them seem more ordinary.

I hate having my scifi spoon-fed. I like that there were two possible answers. It gives me something to think about later. And believe me I have been.

Here's a hint, though. See if you can figure it out- there's clues all through the episode. On both the big scale and the small scale, the real monsters are the humans. Or as C. S. Lewis once put it: "I look forward with horror to contact with the other inhabited planets, if there are such. We would only transport to them all of our sin...and establish a new colonialism."

Uh... yeah there was. And the fact that I have to explain it is in a nutshell why most visual-based scifi sucks- because even something with as classic a plot as this has to be spoon-fed for some people to 'get it' long after every one else has figured it out and moved on. And because with a plot like this if it was any less ambiguous, it wouldn't be as scary anymore. The shadow creatures lost a lot of their oomph when they were all explained away for example. Yes it was nice to know, but it made them seem more ordinary.

I hate having my scifi spoon-fed. I like that there were two possible answers. It gives me something to think about later. And believe me I have been.

Here's a hint, though. See if you can figure it out- there's clues all through the episode. On both the big scale and the small scale, the real monsters are the humans. Or as C. S. Lewis once put it: "I look forward with horror to contact with the other inhabited planets, if there are such. We would only transport to them all of our sin...and establish a new colonialism."

Good try, but all very tenuous if you ask me.......................... :dozey:

Anyway, as I said before, that episode is only the tip of the iceberg IMO.

Its coming donna... whats coming ... the darkness and there is nothing no one can do about it...

The stars they are going out...

...... is coming, surley that is a good thing... ! ............ Yes