interpol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Who's Who??

Who's Who: Time Lords Tennant and Davison go head-to-head in Doctor Who special

Last updated at 14:59pm on 6th November 2007 commentIconSm.gif Comments (5)

It's the same with buses, you wait around for one Time Lord, and two come along at once.

Time Lord No.5 Peter Davison has returned to the show that made him famous, 23 years after finishing his stint in the cult show.

Davison and tenth Doctor David Tennant will appear together in a special episode called Time Crash.

Scroll down for more...

DrWhos_468x568.jpgWho's Who: The tenth Doctor Who, David Tennant, is joined by the fifth Doctor, actor Peter Davison in a specially filmed episode in aid of BBC's Children in Need

The pair teamed up for the special, which will be screened as part of the BBC's Children in Need charity night, in a programme which sees the two doctors team up to thwart an alien.

Veteran actor Davison, 56, who played the Doctor from 1981 to 1984 admitted he was tongue-tied when he first met 36-year-old Tennant on the set.

He said: "I only found out afterwards that he was a fan of my Doctor, because he sent me a very nice text saying that he was at first a bit tongue-tied.

"We were feeling the same, in a way, for different reasons.

"But it was enormous fun working with him, because I go quite fast when I'm acting - it's quite energetic, and he is as well."

Davison succeeded Tom Baker (the Fourth Doctor), at the age 29. He was and still is the youngest actor to assume the lead role.

• 1 month later...

Dr. Who gets into "top gear"!!

Doctor Who takes on The Stig in Top Gear racing challenge

Last updated at 10:32am on 18th December 2007 commentIconSm.gif Comments

Doctor Who star David Tennant has swapped his time-travelling Tardis for a less speedy mode of travel. Actor Tennant has exchanged criss-crossing the universe for racing around a track as the latest star to take part in Top Gear's celebrity speed contest, Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

The 36-year-old, seen here with the show's star, the mysterious racing driver known as The Stig, was challenged to race around the track in a Chevrolet Lacetti on the BBC show in the fastest time possible.

Scroll down for more...

tennantPA_468x491.jpgFrom time travel to boy racer: Doctor Who actor David Tennant, seen here with Top Gear's The Stig, is the latest star to get behind the wheel of a reasonably priced car in the TV show's challenge

But will he be faster than his former co-star, 24-year-old Billie Piper who completed the task in an impressive one minute 48 seconds?

The results will be revealed in the show which is broadcast Sunday on BBC2 at 8pm.

Meanwhile, it was revealed that Tennant could be quitting his role as the Time Lord.

Co-star Catherine Tate, who plays Doctor Who's assistant Donna, let slip during a radio interview that it could be his last series.

Scroll down for more...

tennantBBC_468x588.jpgTime's up: Tennant is rumoured to be quitting the popular TV show Doctor Who after co-star Catherine Tate revealed the next series would be his last

The comedienne and actress told Jonathan Ross on his Radio 2 Saturday morning show: "I think it's maybe David's last series." And she confirmed that she too would be stepping down from the show after series four.

Tennant had been the original choice to lead the show back on to the screens in March 2005 but the role was given to Christopher Ecclestone who stayed for just one series.

Since he took over the controls of the famous time machine viewing figures have gone through the roof - with the show regularly attracting as many eight million fans.

The BBC has refused to confirm or deny the news.

This one better show up on youtube. I hate not getting BBC Canada. Should be a laugh.

As for the leaving, I think Tennant is waiting to get back to the theatre before he makes up his mind either way. He better not go!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

I wonder if he was faster than the old doctor

Probably... Eccleston didn't even know how to use a stick shift. :laugh3: Though he still did fairly well, if I remember right. I loved the expression on Clarkson's face when he told him he didn't even own a car. :lol:

It would all depend on whether they're still using the same car, though. I guess they wipe the time board when they change?

• 3 months later...

^ I know, I'm so excited, going crazy, can't wait that long... really can't wait for

Pompeii

or

Rose!! :dance:

WOOHOO! :dance: :dance: :dance:

But then the sooner it starts the sooner it will be over and Tennant might not be back and it'll be nearly two years before the next season and that'll just suck. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

I never saw rose in this one............

I think Rose comes back full time around E11

I think she comes back as a real bad baddie...

she is very upset as she feels abandoned by the Doctor....

Doctor who will be very Dark this year I have read. !

:stunned:

I like her. She's really growing on me. Probably helps that I haven't seen enough of her show to associate her with anyone besides Donna, but she's doing a really good job. And she and Tennant have the greatest rhythm between them- it's like watching a really good tennis match when they get going, but with words. And of course she doesn't know the Doctor very well yet, she just started, and she doesn't exactly listen quite like Rose did. But knowing these writers she still has an arc ahead of her.

You lot must just be biased. :P

Such a great episode, though. :dance: I loved it. Nice to see a location that isn't either England or a spaceship for a change. Not that those aren't great too.

I'm soo out of it. I recall the series, many moons ago.. Well, there were soo many Dr. Who's that I lost count! Anyhow, can I take a peek at an episode on the net? My TV is limited to just area broadcasts (and now I must get the digital converter for the thing!)..

I'm soo out of it. I recall the series, many moons ago.. Well, there were soo many Dr. Who's that I lost count! Anyhow, can I take a peek at an episode on the net? My TV is limited to just area broadcasts (and now I must get the digital converter for the thing!)..

If you can manage to hack the BBC iPlayer into thinking your from the UK, you could try that out:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/