✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

do you ever get made fun of for liking coldplay?

Matter-Eater Lad

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of my friends make fun of the fact I love coldplay...

It hurts a bit... they don't know what I feel... :sick:

But, I often take my revenge... :mean: :annoyed: :devilish:

Once we were driving to go somewhere, and they were so unbearable that I threatened them to let them beside the road and coming back to my home ... :mean:

they immediately stopped ...:angry:

i dont really get made fun of for liking coldplay as much as a lot of people in here do, because lots of my friends like them (though not NEARLY as much as i do). but theyre awfully critical of them lots of times, even though they have all the albums and lots of bsides on their ipods, like saying theyre lyrics arent that good and all their songs sound the same and chris martin's weird, etc etc. i point out that they listen to them as much as i do, but whatever.

most people in my school like them, though. i go to a bit of an unconventional school, though.

I don't remember if I posted in here already...

My room-mate hates them I live with someone who says 'Coldplay sucks!' several times a week. He also said all their songs sound the same, but since he's only ever heard CLocks and Speed Of Sound, I don't take him very seriously!:P

Picking on Coldplay

Thank you for making this thread mrcool011 because I again realize just how cool COLDPLAY are. . . . for the fact that the people who appreciate COLDPLAY's music are respectful of the musical genres that are liked by others. :) That right there shows how different the band and their fans really are.

I, along with others who posted, also face this problem at school and have had a fair share of Coldplay jives (especially this one kid who mocks "Yellow" :( ),

along with "Coldplay are gay" & "Coldplay broke up!" <<<< that one aggrivates me soooo much! :mean:

but I will stay strong and forever supportive of the music of COLDPLAY!

P.S. = Everyone who has friends who like/love Coldplay, you are VERY lucky people! :D

Thank you for making this thread mrcool011 because I again realize just how cool COLDPLAY are. . . . for the fact that the people who appreciate COLDPLAY's music are respectful of the musical genres that are liked by others. :) That right there shows how different the band and their fans really are.

I, along with others who posted, also face this problem at school and have had a fair share of Coldplay jives (especially this one kid who mocks "Yellow" :( ),

along with "Coldplay are gay" & "Coldplay broke up!" <<<< that one aggrivates me soooo much! :mean:

but I will stay strong and forever supportive of the music of COLDPLAY!

P.S. = Everyone who has friends who like/love Coldplay, you are VERY lucky people! :D

Well said! Don't let that break-up stuff bother you. If you have a copy of the pic of the band reading the break-up article in the Mirror, you can show it to the people bugging you and say 'Yeah, I know'. Then they won't have any amunition to use against you if they don't think it bothers you.:D

I consider myself lucky, i have 5 really really close friends at school, and we got really close by actually going to a coldplay concert, so we are all pretty equally obcessive about them. but i agree with pixierose that i don't get teased for liking them, but i do get made fun of a little for being totally obcessed with them.

i lend my ipod to my classmate and he just shouted Coldplay' date='Coldplay and again COldplay stupid Coldplay,any hip-hop? ii said try Radiohead[/quote']

:lol::lol::lol: Thats like what my friend said when i lent her my ipod too. She was very surprised when she found a little bit of "popular" music on their.

lol, same thing happened to me :D

then there's everytime I walk into Percussion class...

Roy: "Hey Chris! You know how I know you're gay?!"

Me: *sigh* "Because I listen to Coldplay?"

Roy: "Yep! You listen to Coldplay! Who listens to Coldplay?!"

:(

Answering the question: yes! at least from the ones that know Coldplay exists! It was better a couple of years ago when nobody knew who the hell they were...

I hate it when they pronounce it like 'Coolplay'. :veryangry:

^You think that's bad, when my aunt was visiting once she took one look at my poster and went, "Oh it's them, Coldtrain."

???? :laugh3:

But my mom makes fun of me for having a crush on Chris too, which I deny, deny, deny, only for her sake. :P

She'd die if she knew I was interested in boys! :o :rolleyes:

:laugh3:

Same with my parents...hahah!

Picking On Coldplay

Well said! Don't let that break-up stuff bother you. If you have a copy of the pic of the band reading the break-up article in the Mirror, you can show it to the people bugging you and say 'Yeah, I know'. Then they won't have any amunition to use against you if they don't think it bothers you. :D

Hahaha! Great idea! I do remember seeing the hilarious pic with the boys sitting and reading the newspapers with the phonie news!

*checks computer folder of the bizillions of Coldplay pics and finds pic*

*Runs to printer*

I shall print this out and calmly wave it in the faces of the "sad-people-who-don't-enjoy-Coldplay's-music-and-mock-those-who-do-because-

they-have-nothing-better-to-do-with-their-time! :dozey:

Thanks TracieMorgan ! :)

(This shall further my Coldplay Obsession that scares people at school! :square: )

Well it happens quite often but i dont take much notice, and its their loss if they want to ignore great music.

^^^^ Yeah, very true!

does she want you to be interested in girls!??!?!:P

No! :o

:P She knows deep down that I like boys, but I still try to hold on to my innocence for her :D lol!

And yeah^^ My obsession scares my friends too. They say I know to much. And I think I already mentioned that one of them said I need Coldplay therapy. :dozey:

:laugh3: