✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

do you ever get made fun of for liking coldplay?

Matter-Eater Lad

people see that if they make fun of me for liking them they are on the verge of getting their asses kicked so they refrain, but i've found out later that a few people that have told me to my face that they've liked coldplay truly haven't..i've been that imposing :lol: but no never really made fun of i guess i just scare that outta people :lol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anybody who really likes Coldplay

And often when I say I like them the answer is "Cold what?....what did you say?"...

They don't even know them!!!!

So I start to say that Coldplay make the best music ever....and I lend them their cd and stuff...

But then they say "oooh yeah I already knew one or two songs..." (always clocks and the scientist)...

and they tell that they weren't able to listen to all the songs till the end cause they were boring...

And then when I talk about Coldplay they look at me like I'm crazy...and they always laugh at me for liking Chris Martin.....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

yeah i get that "coldplay's depressing" all the time! but nothing gets me going more than chris's, or the audience more often when watching DVD, belting "yeeeeeeeaaaaaah, how long must you wait for it?" Yeeeeeaaaaaaaaah.......

and if anyone hasn't been made fun of or felt the coldplay hate, try posting on the coachella board, or any indie rock board for that matter. buncha guys who probably liked coldplay before they "soldout" and got commercial. only radiohead can be successful and still make good music for some of these guys

people always say that coldplays music is depressing and mellow, and when you think of it, a rush of blood was kind of mellow, but i wouldnt have wanted it any other way!! now, i let some of my friends listen to talk and speed of sound and they say "is that really coldplay?" i guess the new album is a lot different from the old one, but in a better way... :)

most everyone i know call coldplay depressing and boring despite having liked clocks and scientist and yellow etc when being played on the radio but getting bored with the songs after hearing them all the time.

i must confess i never used to like coldplay. always though yellow was very boring. when in my place came out and i first heard it i was well anti-coldplay - couldn't believe how much attention they were getting for, what seemed at the time, to be an incredibly boring song. but as time went on, i kept hearing in my place on the radio and before i knew it i loved the song !! so i then got hold of arobtth and was well impressed. then, obviously, got parachutes and was even more impressed. shiver sparks and spies just blew me away first time i heard them.

now i'm in a coldplay tribute band and play nearly all of the songs of both albums plus a handful of others !!!! :) turn around on that !

a lot of me mates come to gigs now and actually enjoy the music 10 times more live. we get people at gigs in pubs asking what kind of music we play ("duh ! do you not know what 'tribute band' means ? lol) and turn their noses up when we say coldplay. yet near the end of the gig when we're playing yellow, clocks, scientist and in my place back to back practically everyone is singing their heads off and raising the roof. makes me smile all the way from my face to deep down :)

"Amsterdam" is anything but depressing....... in fact....whenever I'm sad or something like that, listening to it makes me feel better..... it's like... it starts in my current mood and then slowly leads me into happynes :D:D yes I know I'm kinda weird.......

"Amsterdam" is anything but depressing....... in fact....whenever I'm sad or something like that' date=' listening to it makes me feel better..... it's like... it starts in my current mood and then slowly leads me into happynes :D:D yes I know I'm kinda weird.......[/quote']

The same for me....Amsterdam is the one I want to listen when I'm sad.

...Time is on your side...it's on your side.....

You came along and you cut me loose....