✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

do you ever get made fun of for liking coldplay?

Matter-Eater Lad

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do. I hate it. I get quite depressed sometimes because I do not understand why there are so many people that cannot appreciate something so beautiful, it makes me angry at the world. I don't know anybody in person who likes Coldplay (I mean really like them).

Not so much for Coldplay. As a 17 year old, I get relentlessly teased for loving U2 as much as I do, though.

Β 

Not liking the same thing as someone else is no reason to laugh at their tastes. I don't care for rap or country music but if someone wants to listen to it, more power to them. As long as their enjoying music, who cares?

Sometimes my older brother teases me a little,but then he likes them too but doesnt listen to them as much as me.So im like ok whatever,youre stupid lol.I got my dad to like a couple songs since i listen to them all the time which is pretty funny.

Β 

Not liking the same thing as someone else is no reason to laugh at their tastes. I don't care for rap or country music but if someone wants to listen to it, more power to them. As long as their enjoying music, who cares?

Β 

I don't mind what my mates music tastes are, i mean i don't get angry if the are listening some music i don't like, but i don't like that sometimes they laugh about my music tastes.

My older brother teases me all the time about them' date=' he's a hardcore guy who likes all screamo music and he thinks there soft. he always threatens to destroy my coldplay cd's too.[/quote']

Β 

I know its not the same but put on Square One, Don't Panic, One I Love, Politik, or a live version of GPASUYF.......he will see they can rock

My older brother teases me all the time about them' date=' he's a hardcore guy who likes all screamo music and he thinks there soft. he always threatens to destroy my coldplay cd's too.[/quote']

Β 

I know its not the same but put on Square One, Don't Panic, One I Love, Politik, or a live version of GPASUYF.......he will see they can rock

Β 

lol he's heard all those songs, we share a bedroom and i listen to coldplay alot.

I've got a friend who totally hates Coldplay.. and every time I start about them, he's laughing at me and he just can't stop saying how awful Chris's voice is.. argh :angry: (he once said that someone should've had choked Chris when he was a baby, that would've made the world a lot better :()

Β 

Once he'll pay for this.. :sneaky:

i get made fun for not liking rap

or hip hop, or r&b..

and sometimes for liking this weird-sound-sleelpy-british band..

Β 

yeah, some of my friends think they sound sleepy

but thats prob because they only know the hist ballds, like yello, and the scientst..

Β 

my friend actually just heard politik the oterh day, and she said that was not what coldplay sounded like, or at least what she thought they did

A lot of my friends like rock, but it's all about the hard rock genre. A couple of people have said "Psh Coldplay has only one good song and that's it" but whatever because that's probably the only song they've heard, so it's pretty stupid to say something like that.

Β 

My friends are pretty cool about it though and I got some people into the band after I showed some pics of GUY to them ;)

Β 

And I played 'Daylight' while my friend was at my house and he said it sounded Arabian :huh: Hehe

people at my elementary school used to make fun of the fact that i liked coldplay because i made it widely known that i was a fan, but they eventually got bored because i was just like "good for you...do i care?" it stopped except for like 1 or 2 people. so not that much, but it doesn't really matter. just yesterday my sisters friend made fun of the music i was listening to and i said the same thing, do i care? and he's like "uhh, i dunno. they still suck". oh wow :rolleyes:

some of my friends always insult me for liking coldplay, they claim its depressing wrist slitting music, but they know nothing!! some of my other mates love coldplay, and one of them is slightly insane about them so she slaps anyone who insults them, always fun!

since a lot of people consider me "gothic" because I dressi n black a lot, and they're aull a bunch of idiots for judging people by looks, they ask me what my favourite band is finking that it's some goth/punk band, and then I say "Coldplay" and they're like "wtf? they suck!!" and then I give them a huge explanation on why they don't suck and how amazing they are....