✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pink Floyd Thread

Jacob

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one on P.U.L.S.E CD2 is wonderful as well.

Some time ago, I bought a (quite rare, I guess) CD titled Zabriskie Point Sessions, which features the unmixed takes of the recording sessions (December 1969) they made for Antonioni's movie, before he rejected the sketches. It's no fake, I swear, and there are great rarities, such as the piano sequence that inspired Wright in the making of Us And Them.

Would you like me to upload it ?

hmm you probably didn't ment me, but I'll say yes please, upload :)

I also had this face :wideeyed: yesterday when listening to Animals. Well it soon changed into this :wacky: especially Sheep, no words to describe that part..

The one on P.U.L.S.E CD2 is wonderful as well.

Some time ago, I bought a (quite rare, I guess) CD titled Zabriskie Point Sessions, which features the unmixed takes of the recording sessions (December 1969) they made for Antonioni's movie, before he rejected the sketches. It's no fake, I swear, and there are great rarities, such as the piano sequence that inspired Wright in the making of Us And Them.

Would you like me to upload it ?

That would be fantastic mate :)

Alright , I'm on it.

No surprise you like Sheep, Linnea, when i know you're a Muse fan. I think Sheep strongly influenced Muse. Don't you think it could be a Muse song ?

I'd love to hear Muse cover Sheep (that's something I've had on my mind for a long time)

And I did mean you, as well as any body in here !

Zabriskie Point Session - Rome - 1969

01 - Rain in the country

02 - The piano sequence

03 - Intermezzo

04 - Fingal's cave (take 1)

05 - Zabriskie Point theme

06 - Rain in the country (suite)

07 - Love scene (take 1)

08 - Love scene (take 2)

09 - Blues scene

10 - Fingal's cave (take 2)

11 - Love scene (take 3)

12 - Love scene (take 4)

13 - The red queen (AKA country song)

14 - Crumblin' land

15 - Funky dung [nothing to do with Atom Heart Mother's fourth movement]

Thank you! Can't wait to listen to this :)

You're right, Pink Floyd must have been a huge influence on Muse and I could definitely imagine Sheep being a Muse song. Oh my if they did a cover of the song one day... I'd literally pay almost anything to hear that. I can almost picture it already, especially the last 2-3 minutes of the song.

That said, if I had to pick a favourite Pink Floyd album right now, it'd be Animals. Of the ones I've heard so far that is.

For me it's Dark Side Of The Moon, first because it was at the time simply inimaginable (the first synthesiser ever heard on On The Run, the fact that each song segues into the next one), and then because all songs are purely great : none is the greatest Pink Floyd song for me, but they're all wonderful, there's no song on this album that I wanna skip.

It is a very special one, because Waters wrote and composed almost everything. All along the album he criticizes modern society using animal designs to speak of people, just as George Orwell in Animal Farm.

It sounds much darker than the former ones, and is quite agressive for the ears, like some kind of acid. (Well, that's what I think anyway)

• 2 weeks later...

About Echoes, try your best to avoid the versions of Echoes and Shine On You Crazy Diamond that you can find on it : they're shortened versions faaaaar below the Meddle (resp. Wish You Were Here) ones. Same thing for Marooned : the Best Of version is only one half of the Division Bell one (and not the best half IMO)

By the way, Echoes is the best song I've ever heard (rated 1st on my song list)