✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pink Floyd Thread

Jacob

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i disagree. the pulse version has a clean, acoustic intro, which doesn't really suit the riff in my opinion. if you listen to the first 30 seconds of the studio version with the volume cranked up, it's definitely something....

I love Pink Floyd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! btw where is the Division Bell on you're list????

The Division Bell has a lot of killer songs. But it didn't get much critical acclaim. And by then Pink Floyd was almost dead anyway. It would fall under other, but I think you've already done that.

Who here is still hoping for a Pink Floyd reunion? :wink3:

i was hopeful before Gilmour (sp?) announced his solo tour, I wouldn't have thought so now (on a side note, i'm annoyed he's only doing 1 venue in his own country)

I never understood what the big hype was with Dark side of the moon..

someone who believed himself to be Pink Floyd savvy told me that the album was so beautifully compiled and set out so that all the songs were blanded together so well, but at the same time, they weren't the same song...i just heard a bunch of wierd sounds that sounded like cash registers (i think that's what it really was!) :idea2:

Anyway, it makes for a good light show watching ;)

• 2 weeks later...

We already have a Pink Floyd-Thread, don't we?

Well... nevermind... I'm a huge Pink Floyd-fan!

My favourite album is changing with time... I love The Wall, Dark Side Of The Moon, Animals and Wish You Were here equally... quite different albums with their own awesome style.

I'll get to see David Gilmour next month in Hamburg - I'm looking very forward to it as it's the probably last chance to see at least one member of PF live on stage.

Wish You Were Here is possibly my most favourite album....ever :stunned:

My Dad has it on Vynil, so I spend a lot of time listning to it on that and it sounds so much better :D

One more thing, on The Great Gig In The Sky...the whispering in the background has scared me now...I read what one of the parts said and it confused the hell out of me and made me think

Very powerfull band they are, and incredibly brilliant