✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pink Floyd Thread

Jacob

It was basically Roger Waters as the lyrics genious. and Learning to Fly wasn't written by any member of Pink Floyd. That was during the year Roger Waters was suing the band for using the name. Gimour is a guitar god but not very good lyrically. he had his wife and other people help him on A Momentary Lapse Of Reason.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
such a shame... what an essential member to pink floyd not just from keyboards but also vocals as well

I guess it wouldn't be half as bad if he hadn't been such a great person as well. :cry:

You know, I heard the news when I had returned from Monday's Coldplay oncert. My best friend and me we were like... really shocked. I was like "F*** no." I couldn't really believe it. It was like... He was just gone. Like that.

Well, a selected number of people knew about his disease for a couple of weeks already. At least they could give him some more weeks without the press being... you know... Whatever... I don't know what am talking about.

I really am going to miss him, yeah. :\

• 3 months later...

"Music doesn't get much better"

Do you mean it's hard to find better music than Echoes ? Cause if so, I strongly agree with you !!

Man, I really love Pink Floyd. Nothing flies above them in the history of music. I can't express correctly how good and important their music is to me.

Echoes is definetly my favorite song by them. Before it used to be "In The Flesh" (i still love the song, especially the riff), but a few months ago i listened to it and it really clicked how great it was. i was lucky to see Roger Waters live almost 2 years ago and it was an amazing concert (2nd to Radiohead).

• 1 month later...