✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pink Floyd Thread

Jacob

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I am a day removed from the greatness of a briefly reunited Floyd, I must point out yet again how much MTV sucks balls. They cut the fucking comfortably numb solo. I cannot believe there is not more outrage from those in the states that witnessed this travesty. :lol:

My favorite part of Pink Floyd's performance...

...was when Roger was talking at the beginning of "Wish You Were Here," and said "We're doing this for everyone who's not here, but particularly, of course, for Syd."

Ahhhhh that made me feel glad. Especially because I was one of the people whining that a Pink Floyd reunion isn't REALLY complete without Syd Barrett (and that's obviously never going to happen), since he wrote and sang most of my favorite Pink Floyd album. So I was glad that Pink Floyd's original Crazy Diamond was acknowledged in some way. :cool:

i loved the solo in one of their songs. dont know what it was called. i sorta tuned out to the main bit of the song cuz it was sorta boring for me, but when the solo came i was like whoa!... it was a sexy solo, literally.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

have you heard the mith concerning 'wish you were here??

the guys were at the recording studio or something and they went out to the street...the saw this homeless guy with a huge beard...and rumor has it that he was Syd Barret *creepy*, so they wrote the song in his honor

hope it made sense