✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Pink Floyd Thread

Jacob

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans call for Pink Floyd comeback

Pink Floyd is the band most people want to see reunite - and the Spice Girls the group they want to split, according to a new poll.

A survey of music fans across Europe also called for Westlife and Girls Aloud to call it a day.

The poll results are bad news for Posh, Baby, Scary, Sporty and Ginger Spice, who although not back together indefinitely are about to embark on a one-off worldwide reunion tour.

After Pink Floyd, music fans said they wanted Swedish stars Abba and US rockers Guns N' Roses to reform.

The Jam, fronted by Paul Weller, came next in fourth place, followed by US group Talking Heads, and the Fugees.

Hard rock Californian group Van Halen was seventh, followed by George Michael's

Wham!, New Romantics Spandau Ballet, and Boyzone in the survey by digital music provider Music Choice.

The poll of 5,000 music fans put Oasis in fourth place in the list of groups who should split, followed by veteran rockers The Rolling Stones.

The Black Eyed Peas were sixth, one place before homegrown stars Coldplay.

Andrew Jeffries, worldwide director of music and programming for Music Choice, said: "When Led Zeppelin announced their gig we wanted to see just who else would be a smash hit in Europe, so we turned to music fans to find out.

"Although we knew Pink Floyd might be a contender, we never dreamed they'd be the top choice and we were amazed that so many fans wanted to say 'goodbye' to Posh and co."

http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gld8zXO6lXpawkXHO_LfYOPGsG1g

Yeah, I'm still planning on buying it.

It's not very cheap but I really want it. I think I'm actually damaging the record with my stupid player so I guess a CD would be nice anyway.

I realyl want the 3cd one though...

I think I'll get myself this Syd photo book after christmas or maybe I'll ask someone for it...

• 2 months later...

Set The Video - The Pink Floyd Story: Which One's Pink?, BBC One, Wednesday, 10.45pm

pinkfloyd.jpgPink Floyd are a very well documented group. From the crazy wild eyed psychedelic days of Syd, to the pompous heaving dry ice of the guitar solo'ed late seventies, The Floyd have been a firm favourite for those that like their cigarettes strong and exotic. So, with that, it's worth tuning into The Pink Floyd Story: Which One's Pink? (BBC One, Wednesday, 10.45pm) to see if this new documentary can shine any new light on these crazy diamonds.

Like any pop-doc, this will walk an already well-trodden path, but the gold will lie in new unearthed footage. On Wednesday, fanboys get ready to drool over never-seen-before film of early rehearsals and gigs. This of course means we get to see the talismanic Syd in full flight, before being shown his horrendous free-fall into mental unrest and drug fuggery. Aside from dewy nostalgia, we'll also get to hear of the monumental power struggle between Dave Gilmour and Roger Waters, who during difficult times, could make grown men weep just by exchanging glances. This will be a tale filled with music, drama, laser shows and very well spoken drug fiends. Younger curious types will wonder what the fuss is all about...

The Pink Floyd Story: Which One's Pink?

Coming up:

The Pink Floyd Story: Which One's Pink?

BBC One London

22:45-23:45, Wednesday, 12 December 2007

Forty years after Britain's foremost 'underground' band released their debut album, Piper At The Gates Of Dawn, Pink Floyd remain one of the biggest brand names and best-loved bands in the world. This film features extended archive, some of it rarely or never seen, alongside original interviews with the four surviving members of Pink Floyd, David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Richard Wright and Nick Mason, and traces the journey of a band that has only ever had five members, three of whom have lead the band at different stages of its evolution.

I had to go back like 6 pages to find this thread. I'm ashamed at you guys... :confused:

Well you know it's been a while since there's been any news about Pink Floyd... I still love them : this is important.

I'd like to say my dad did too. He taught me how to appreciate Pink Floyd, from whom his favourite songs were Comfortably Numb, High Hopes and Wish You Were Here. He died two weeks ago (Heartattack, aged 45).

These songs have been played at his funeral.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

im actually completely obsessed with them. my fav. band of all time. no one will ever be better in my mind. roger waters is a genious. for some reason Coldplay reminds of them. have no idea why though. moresoe with their new album. maybe the writing quality? i dont know but their my all time faves.

I am shocked no one has made a Pink Floyd thread yet. Oh well, your famous.

Anyway I love their music, especially all of THE WALL and Momentary Lapse of Reason. "On the Turning Away", "Learning to FLy", "Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2" and "Time" are my all-time favorite songs from them.

Time especially has some of the most profound lyrics I've ever heard. Many of their songs are pure genius, in my book.

Oh absolutely. People always remember them for the sound effects and of course their live shows, but they were lyrically some of the most gifted song writers of all time.