✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Decemberists

Egghead

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just heard one a song of the upcoming album this morning on the radio. absolutely blown away by the quality of the lyrics. the DJ explained the concept behind the album although i dont remember exactly what it is she said something along the lines of a monster and the characters lover.

just heard one a song of the upcoming album this morning on the radio. absolutely blown away by the quality of the lyrics. the DJ explained the concept behind the album although i dont remember exactly what it is she said something along the lines of a monster and the characters lover.

ohh was it the rake's song?? i just downloaded that the other night but i really love it. i haven't really read anything about the concept of the new album but i'm sure its something really cool. meloy is such a creative songwriter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

(If they already have a thread, feel free to delete this)

So how 'bout those guys, eh?

I have known OF them for a long time, but never really heard anything by them...until last night when I listened to their Hazards of Love album. Rock opera? Eff yeah! I love albums with a story. I also really like The Crane Wife stuff.

Basically, they don't disappoint me.

Post away!

chrismartincard.jpg
:lol:

I'd be REALLY surprised if there wasn't thread already, but I'm too lazy to search. The Decemberists are awesome though! The Crane Wife/Picaresque are my favourites, but I haven't listened to Hazards of Love properly yet, tbh. :embarrassed:

And they're one of the best live bands I've ever seen play. :nice:

• 8 months later...

A new single - "Down by the Water" - has also been available for download at their website.

Didn't care for "The Hazards of Love" much, even if it was fascinating as a concept album on paper. Looking forward to a new album already, though.

Didn't care for "The Hazards of Love" much, even if it was fascinating as a concept album on paper. Looking forward to a new album already, though.
Same, I only managed to listen to it a couple of times even though I love the band. And as they are one of my favourite live bands I'm really hoping for a proper tour for this album.

Yay, new song! :cheesy: