How amazing is Speed of Sound!

hutley

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky
i love this song' date=' way better then the unmixed "talk" (for now at least). i've been listening to the speed of sound non-stop practically. :lol:[/quote']

You crazy if you didn't like Talk :P

j/k mandy :P

I guess SOS it's allright..it's just gonna have to grow on me.. :dozey:

Guest LiquidSky
i didn't say i didn't like it' date=' just that i liked SOS better! :P :)[/quote']

I know.. I was joking with you, Mandy :P

:)

(Not a good joke..but whatever :P )

I think its a great song. When I first heard the 30 second clip from Cingular I thought "WTF? Why's it so much slower?" It really does seem quite a bit slower than the live version, but as I listen to it more and more I find that I like it more and more. It sounds great, the lyrics make you think, and Chris' singing and stressing of different words and syllables really sounds good. (I'm thinking "before i know what feels like" and "up on this side of this mountain of mine") :)

See, I think this song is going to be a GREAT live song. I really loved it from KCRW, I think it'll be a big hit to play live. Kind of like (for me at least) how Daylight was down there just a little above A Whisper in terms of most listens from AROBTTH, but live, Daylight is one of my fav's.

I heard it today like 5 times...I was waiting this morning for them to play it and they played it on my way to work. I am getting excited for this new album. So, far I like the new song. I just want to look at the lyrics now.

Like it's simplicity, music, and his voice. I didn't know that he would say speed of sounds so much in it. I was happy to hear it today though. I am going to wait till the album comes out to hear the rest of it.

I think its a great song. When I first heard the 30 second clip from Cingular I thought "WTF? Why's it so much slower?" It really does seem quite a bit slower than the live version' date=' but as I listen to it more and more I find that I like it more and more. It sounds great, the lyrics make you think, and Chris' singing and stressing of different words and syllables really sounds good. (I'm thinking "before i know what feels like" and "up on this side of this mountain of mine") :)[/quote']

wow I was totally gonna post the same thing. the part that i love is "all that noise, all that sound" when i heard it for the first time it almost brought me to tears. Beautiful!

SOS' date=' my opinion shouldn't be a single[/quote']

Can I second that? :P

But actually in reality, they probably have no choice... I"m willing to bet that this is one of the few tracks in their album that's suitable for mass-comsumption (ie radio-friendly enough). Not to say that their stuff's no good, but this situation is more a reflection of the sad state of the masses who profess to listen to 'music' :(

i agree....i do like SOS and ive waited so long i couldnt hate it u know?! but its not the best coldplay song at the same time... from the other tracks i heard they could have picked a better single.....but then again they have said its the bridge track from arobtth to x&y. in my place was my least favourite track from the last album (and that was the bridge from parachutes to arobtth) just because...i dunno it was the most immediately commercial and sort of flat sounding one, it was catchy but prob had the least depth out of many of the tracks on the album, even tho what it was talking about (states of mind) was quite challenging.

you know what the reocrd comapnies are like tho...they are gonna put something out there thats safe and familiar- so ur mum could listen to it and say 'its coldplay!' emi have got too much money to lose if they do this wrong and the album fails to sell as well as they are expecting so they are gonna put something immediate and catchy out there first and build it up in the same way they ended with clocks on arobtth (well in the uk anyway), we are gonna pick up from where clocks left off and transition up to a track like square one i would have thought. i would have liked to of seen square one as the first single coz thats by far the strongest song ive heard. but that wont happen coz people that arent massive coldplay fans will just go what?! do you see what mean? had to write quite a lot to get my point across there! :idea2:

oh my god I've got goosebumps just hearing Chris' voice after all this time...

fresh music...... great lyrics.....

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Of course I am biased, having been in love with Coldplay for *looks at watch* :cool: oh, five years now :D :blush:

i agree....i do like SOS and ive waited so long i couldnt hate it u know?! but its not the best coldplay song at the same time... from the other tracks i heard they could have picked a better single.....but then again they have said its the bridge track from arobtth to x&y. in my place was my least favourite track from the last album (and that was the bridge from parachutes to arobtth) just because...i dunno it was the most immediately commercial and sort of flat sounding one, it was catchy but prob had the least depth out of many of the tracks on the album, even tho what it was talking about (states of mind) was quite challenging.

you know what the reocrd comapnies are like tho...they are gonna put something out there thats safe and familiar- so ur mum could listen to it and say 'its coldplay!' emi have got too much money to lose if they do this wrong and the album fails to sell as well as they are expecting so they are gonna put something immediate and catchy out there first and build it up in the same way they ended with clocks on arobtth (well in the uk anyway), we are gonna pick up from where clocks left off and transition up to a track like square one i would have thought. i would have liked to of seen square one as the first single coz thats by far the strongest song ive heard. but that wont happen coz people that arent massive coldplay fans will just go what?! do you see what mean? had to write quite a lot to get my point across there! :idea2:

was gonna write pretty much exactly the same myself, but thought i'd cruise the other SOS threads first (took me nearly all day lol) then found this and thought i'd save myself some time by simply saying "spot on" :)

SOS' date=' my opinion shouldn't be a single[/quote']

Can I second that? :P

But actually in reality, they probably have no choice... I"m willing to bet that this is one of the few tracks in their album that's suitable for mass-comsumption (ie radio-friendly enough). Not to say that their stuff's no good, but this situation is more a reflection of the sad state of the masses who profess to listen to 'music' :(

Totally agree with this too. I can understand why Chris is so nervous about this album's release (he is isn't he :) everytime I hear him talking at the mo he's playing himself, the band and the album down and is soo obviously shitting it :). On the one hand, they can play it safe and release something that the masses (read : numpties) can swallow easily (i.e. more of the same) on the other there's the need to write music that reflects where they are both emotionally at this point in their lives and musically. I reckon they've gone for maybe a bit of both with SOS being the safest song and hence why it's released as single. Regardless, I think it's a beautiful song, catchy and commercial yeah, but still got some of those spine-tingling moments that so many coldplay songs have ("all that noise, all that sound" and the bit where it breaks down to just drums and synths and then hits back in). Top work and well happy :D :D :D