✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Legacy of AROBTTH

Martin04

Pretty soon, AROBTTH will no longer be the most recent coldplay album... with that in mind, what does everyone think the legacy of the album will be... what songs will continue to be played on the radio? which will be the fan favorites? which songs will the band still play live five years from now?

I think clocks will get more radio airplay in five years than any other song from the album. Politik, in my opinion, will be played in every coldplay show until coldplay stops playing shows. And Amsterdam will be the sentimental favorite for the real fans (the ones who know more than just the singles).... The Scientist will always be my favorite though

The obvious choices are GPASUYF, Politik, Scientist, Clocks, In My Place - the last coz of how massive they all were as singles. Bet they get bored of playing them on occasions though and vary their set a bit. They've played every song from the album live at some point (i think ? anyone know if they've played A Whisper ?). Shows how strong the album is. I bet they'll still rotate through all the songs with maybe Scientist, Clocks and In My Place being pretty much ever present.

I'm gonna say that Clocks would have to be the most remembered in a few years. Maybe it's just just cuz I'm from North America (and over here, clocks really hit it big), but this was the song that got me into Coldplay, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

i think green eyes is a song that needs to be played more' date=' seems like this is the only song they skip over[/quote']

yeah you'll never hear that one again.

Written for the wrong person...and as chris has said when asked why they wont play it "...well..because its...shit"

IMO..its awesome..its me and my future wifes song :P

i think green eyes is a song that needs to be played more' date=' seems like this is the only song they skip over[/quote']

yeah you'll never hear that one again.

Written for the wrong person...and as chris has said when asked why they wont play it "...well..because its...shit"

IMO..its awesome..its me and my future wifes song :P

Same here, same here... Green Eyes is just beautiful.

Too bad it's about a wrong love, guess we won't be hearing it then :cry: It's such a lovely song

Congrats you've found a lovely wife :D

i personally like ever single song on AROBTTH except for a whisperer, yeah it'll probably be remembered for it's hits, which are great hits, but amsterdam and warning sign are just great, hopefully they won't be forgotten either

I don't understand why most everyone hear thinks 'A Whisper' is such crap.... I personally like it (not as much as some others, but still) and think that 'Green Eyes' is the weakest track...it's the one I always skip over.

'Clocks' I think will always be remembered more strongly over most other Coldplay hits... and then 'Amsterdam' for all the real fans :)

Clocks will be forever popular but I'd rather the album be remembered for the scientist... this song basically reintroduced the ballad (specifically the piano ballad) to music... think of what's happened since.... Keane, Embrace, the return of "glum rock" as this very website stated... the scientist had a mega impact