✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Arcade Fire

*Justine*

@ dajrekshn : I haven't found anything substantial yet..anyone else?

i read in a local magazine, there's a song called 'forest' something, but dont know if it's new. cause i never heard of that song :embarassed:

anyway the forum's jokes is a bit cruel. they said arcade fire broke up :uhoh: which is just a joke, but win and regine seriously broke up. maybe nobody cares but im a bit sad. :disappointed:

i read in a local magazine, there's a song called 'forest' something, but dont know if it's new. cause i never heard of that song :embarassed:

anyway the forum's jokes is a bit cruel. they said arcade fire broke up :uhoh: which is just a joke, but win and regine seriously broke up. maybe nobody cares but im a bit sad. :disappointed:

those are just stupid rumors i'm sure *hugs*

I hope those rumors are just as they are called ...rumors.. and false ones, at that.

If Regine and Win broke up...then The Arcade Fire will never ever be the same. One or the other of the pair would be depressed/out of it ..so the music might be down and bad.

I mean...they are MARRIED..right?... Show me some married couples who still hang around together in close contact like band members have to !?

NONE!

So I hope that never comes true.

Anyway I haven't heard any news about new stuff...the 'Forest' song ...are you sure you have the title right? There is a song called

'Vampire / Forest Fire' (from their first, self-titled album "Arcade Fire [EP]")

You wanna be set apart?

Burn all of your art repair the wasteful part

I'm a vampire in a forest fire

Hey! we all gotta keep warm

driving towards the storm

Your father was a pervert

Face down in the dirt

He taught you how to hurt

My father was a miner who lived in the suburbs

Let's live in the suburbs

If I let where I'm from burn I can never return!

My brother reads you and me his new poetry

How embarassing

Your sister pours the gasoline

I'll fix your meals

while your burns heal!

Find a house you don't have to rebuild

Stone by stone, brick by brick, nail by nail my father never meant to leave me

this

Let this love last

I drive too fast

Said I'd return if I'd ever cared

But there's no Interstate I'd find to take me there.

to take me there.

• 1 month later...

from Scott Colburn, producer/engineer for the Arcade Fire’s upcoming sophomore release:

"The band went into the church ahead of me and my assistant James Ogilvie," Colburn wrote. "They recorded a sample of the organ playing a chord in different registers. Win called me and told me how excited he was about the organ. He said is [it] was super loud and so overwhelming that it brought a tear to his eye. I promptly called him a pussy.

"When I first walked into the church and saw the organ, I just stood dead in my tracks. ‘Now THAT’s a f****ng pipe organ!’ I thought… During the first take, I became overwhelmed by the grandeur of the whole thing. I heard that piece in it’s finished state and it was magnificent! Tears rolled out of my eyes. I don’t know what came over me, but it was a complete emotional release. The problem was that there were mics all around me, so I really couldn’t sob. So I’m trying to hold back any kind of vocal component to this overwhelming joy I was experiencing.

"When the take was over, I took off my headphones and dryed my eyes on my shirt. James asked if i was OK and I said, ‘yeah man, that was a great take!’ I looked at Regine with my red eyes and said, ‘awesome!’ and then I thought…’whose [sic] the pussy now?’"

thats how its gonna sound :)