✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

X&Y VS Rush of Blood VS Parachutes WHO WINS?????

employee#8

One man's opinion on Coldplay's 3 beautiful albums.

A Rush of Blood to the Head

Great Songs

Amsterdam

The Scientist

Warning sign

In my place

Really good

Clocks

Green eyes

Politik

Good

God put a smile

Rush of Blood to the Head

OK/Pretty good

Daylight

Whisper

ROBTTH has AT LEAST 4 great songs, maybe 5 with Clocks or Politk. Thats the key here.

Parachutes

Great

Spies

Yellow

Really good

Don't Panic

Shiver

Trouble

Sparks

Good

High Speed

Everything's Not Lost

OK/Pretty Good

We Never Change

Parachutes

Two great songs with Spies and Yellow, maybe even 3 great songs with Shiver or Don't Panic.

X&Y

Great

Fix You

What If

A Message

Really Good

Swallowed in the Sea

Til Kingdom Come

White Shadows

Good

X&Y

Square One

Speed Of Sound

Talk

Hardest Part

Low

OK/Pretty good

Twisted Logic

Really wanted 4 or 5 great songs, maybe that will change, but on my first few listens I can only come up with 3. Still a very solid album, but I still expected a little more. Probably because Rush of blood was so damn good.

Final rankings-

1. Rush Of Blood To The Head

2. X&Y

3. Parachutes

For me Its

X&Y

AROBTTH

Parachutes

10/10 Songs on X&Y=Talk, White Shadows, Square One, X&Y, Fix You

10/10 on AROBTTH=Clocks, Politik, Scientist, GPASUYF, Amsterdam

10/10 on Parachutes=Shiver, Spies, Yellow, Trouble

X&Y wins because it ROCKS much more than any other album

Well, my lists are completely different from yours, but overall I can't judge X&Y yet based on just a few days. It takes me a couple weeks to really get to know each of the individual songs on an album. And the true test for me is whether like rush of blood i am still enthusiastically listening to it months later.

But why just compare to coldplay's own work? What about OK computer, and Joshua Tree? I don't think it measures up to either of those, but like I said I have to give it time to be sure.

The album leaked today and we're trying to compare it to CD's we've been listening to for years???? Aren't we jumping the gun a bit?

If you read my post I think I made it clear that this was just my first impression of X&Y and that things could certainly change.

X&Y is much better than the other two i think... i mean it's got some rock songs, ballads, acoustics, all four of them singing together... :cool:

ok, it's not as good as OK computer, the soft bulletin or ágaetis byrjun but the best coldplay album is yet to come! :)

Oy and let's not start up those Radiohead opinions! They're thread stealers :sneaky:

lol :P

I can't judge yet, for a great album has to stand the test of time and multi million playings by me, and i haven't had that chance with this yet, I would go for AROBTTH over Parachutes, but i can't rate this yet, as i still think all the songs are awesome, something that frequently happens with me and new albums so, i'm gonna have to let it sink in a while to really sort out the wheat from the chaff.