CP: Time Magazine "X&Y & Too muxh Zzz" (6/

Guest LiquidSky

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky

Honestly.. I think the lyrics go great with the vocals..I like more the songs without the singing..and the vocals.. "ohhhhhh" on white shadows! I love it.. :D

AHHHH. I wish people would just STOP BAGGING ON THE LYRICS!! They aren't that bad! What about all those idiotic rap and pop songs? They don't have amazing lyrics do they??? Like that new Black Eyed Peas song (just using them as an example since they have a new album too) "Dont Phunk With My Heart"...I'd take Chris Martin's lyrics over all that crap ANY DAY......

Just my opinion :cool:

Like that new Black Eyed Peas song (just using them as an example since they have a new album too) "Dont Phunk With My Heart"

I agree! I'm really sick of all this cutting down on the lyrics also. "But nothing disguised as something just doesn't fly". He's very right :rolleyes: ...

honestly guys, i agree that coldplay's lyrics are waaaaaay better than that of the drivel that is out there, but i reckon that the reviewers are comparing it to coldplay- past instead. if they are, then ok, maybe (maybe) it's not as good (i think the lyrics are still beautiful), but if they are not, they can suck my butt in all their stupidness!

I find the title to the TIME article ironic, considering that the Washington Times used a similar title.

They're complaining bout Coldplay's creativity, when that TIME writer could do the same with his wordplay in the article.

:lol: True. I could've sworn I've seen another article with a similar headline somewhere too....

Too bad my dad doesn't suscribe to Time magazine anymore..

i can see why critics are picking on the lyrical content of X&Y. i know everyone else seems to like them, but i find some of them downright dreadful.

you put me on a shelf and kept me for yourself. i can only blame myself.

???

that's a pretty uninspired lyric.

i dunno, that's my problem with the album. musically i think it's great (apart from the effin' use of spoons) but lyrically...gah - chris is so capable of more in my opinion.

You're fooling yourself if you don't believe that the lyrics on this album are a step down from the previous 2. They aren't bad, but they are certainly average.

The more I listen to this album though, the more impressed I am with the instrumentals. With the exception of 1 or 2 songs, they nailed it musically.

i think its all lyrically great, apart from swallowed in the sea

tree/me/see

shelf/self/self

i could write a song, a hundered miles long

i would love to see him actually write a hundred mile song... i did cringe when i heard that..... but everywhere else the lyrics are awesome.

I don't even see the point of posting reviews here, we all love Coldplay and love the lyrics, this will either get some people worked up and offend them, or people are gonna not care. Reviews are honestly useless and laced with shitloads of bias.

I don't even see the point of posting reviews here' date=' we all love Coldplay and love the lyrics, this will either get some people worked up and offend them, or people are gonna not care. Reviews are honestly useless and laced with shitloads of bias.[/quote']

i see a point. it's good to see what others think of coldplay's sound. it offers refreshing views other then hearing 'OMG COLDPLAY EFFIN' ROX!!1!'. if you're gonna hear negative things about coldplay, it better be from people who know what they are talking about.

and i would agree that we all enjoy coldplay, but we do not all love the lyrics. i sure don't care for some of what X&Y seems to offer.

Some lyrics are great but I think some of them are very basic. Any songwriter could think of some the lines in X&Y

Exactly... Seriously man, the lyrics to Fix You nearly match a song I wrote... Except mine would be from the point of view of the person HE's singing about...

And his lyrics are way better...

"Dont Phunk With My Heart"...I'd take Chris Martin's lyrics over all that crap ANY DAY......

PHUNK off!

Wonder if I take you home, would you still be

In love baby? In love baby?

*Wind down*

Dontchya worry about a ting girly

Cuz the duh da dadad...

"Dont Phunk With My Heart"...I'd take Chris Martin's lyrics over all that crap ANY DAY......

PHUNK off!

Wonder if I take you home, would you still be

In love baby? In love baby?

*Wind down*

Dontchya worry about a ting girly

Cuz the duh da dadad...

Aaaah, aah! Death to the Black Eyed Peas! I hate 'em! Boo! :smash: And they're all sooo pretend :cool4: and aargh!

Sorry. Done bashing pop now.