✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

John Mayer

sarah**

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LiquidSky

I haven't heard that song you guys are talking about, the angel one? mmm, I should go download it right now... :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I like this song...

My stupid mouth

Has got me in trouble

I said too much again

To a date over dinner yesterday

And I could see

She was offended

She said "well anyway..."

Just dying for a subject change

Oh, another social casualty

Score one more for me

How could I forget?

Mama said "think before speaking"

No filter in my head

Oh, what's a boy to do

I guess he better find one soon

We bit our lips

She looked out the window

Rolling tiny balls of napkin paper

I played a quick game of chess with the salt and pepper shaker

And I could see clearly

An indelible line was drawn

Between what was good, what just slipped out and what went wrong

Oh, the way she feels about me has changed

Thanks for playing, try again.

How could I forget?

No filter in my head

Oh, what's a boy to do

I guess he better find one

I'm never speaking up again

It only hurts me

I'd rather be a mystery

Than she desert me

Oh I'm never speaking up again

Starting now

One more thing

Why is it my fault?

So maybe I try too hard

But it's all because of this desire

I just wanna be liked

I just wanna be funny

Looks like the jokes on me

So call me captain backfire

Oh, the way she feels about me has changed

Thanks for playing, try again.

How could I forget?

No filter in my head

Oh, what's a boy to do

I guess he better find one

I'm never speaking up again

It only hurts me

I'd rather be a mystery

Than she desert me

Oh I'm never speaking up again

Starting now

I was a big Mayer fan back when he was a local artist here in Atlanta. Then he got a band and released his CD, I wasnt that big into his CD when it came out... "Your Body is a Wonderland" is such a cheesy overly produced song. It sounded different on his first release of RFS, then they re-did his album (to make it even more poppy) and they totally went overboard.

Should you go see him live? yes, definitely, he hides himself on his album, but comes out on stage and shows you everything he's got. He's a great guitarist. He turns his songs into Jam sessions and goes all out on the solos.

I feel bad for the guy, He gets paid all this money, but the industry gets to have its way with his music, that makes me nervous as a musician.

big label: we'll pay you a million dollars if we can produce your record

Chad: wow, thats a lot of money, I could live the rest of my life on that, Ok, just dont go overboard with it

big label: trust us, we know what we're doing

*months later*

Rollingstone: Chad Yochum's Debut Album = * out of *****. He's a total John Mayer wannabe, we hope he'll be gone as soon as possible.

Chad: NOOOOOO

big label: heheheh, money money money

At first I hated this guy.. but only cause he's just really damn good.

I don't like his mouth.. it bugs me. If you know how John sings then you know what I'm talking about.

I would definitely recommend listening to a song called 3 x 5 ... very good stuff. My mom even went out and got the cd just for that song after I played it for her. Also a good song is St. Patrick's Day.

Enjoy!

I was a big Mayer fan back when he was a local artist here in Atlanta. Then he got a band and released his CD, I wasnt that big into his CD when it came out... "Your Body is a Wonderland" is such a cheesy overly produced song. It sounded different on his first release of RFS, then they re-did his album (to make it even more poppy) and they totally went overboard.

Should you go see him live? yes, definitely, he hides himself on his album, but comes out on stage and shows you everything he's got. He's a great guitarist. He turns his songs into Jam sessions and goes all out on the solos.

I feel bad for the guy, He gets paid all this money, but the industry gets to have its way with his music, that makes me nervous as a musician.

big label: we'll pay you a million dollars if we can produce your record

Chad: wow, thats a lot of money, I could live the rest of my life on that, Ok, just dont go overboard with it

big label: trust us, we know what we're doing

*months later*

Rollingstone: Chad Yochum's Debut Album = * out of *****. He's a total John Mayer wannabe, we hope he'll be gone as soon as possible.

Chad: NOOOOOO

big label: heheheh, money money money

This thread is so old, it's from October which was when the show was and I regret not going but what can I do now :shrug:

Yeah it is really poppy and over produced but it is very good. I have the live album and it's great, not quite actually seeing him live but it's the closest I can get.

P.S. I added you to my lj friends list ;)

I think I love this man' date=' I'm downloading the album right now...got about 4 songs so far...woah! :D ;)[/quote']

Don't just download it BUY IT! Support the artist :)

Y'know I would...but I have no money...and when I do I will buy it..but for the mean time I'm just downloading everything :)

I think I love this man' date=' I'm downloading the album right now...got about 4 songs so far...woah! :D ;)[/quote']

Don't just download it BUY IT! Support the artist :)

Y'know I would...but I have no money...and when I do I will buy it..but for the mean time I'm just downloading everything :)

CD prices are so expensive in the UK. They are so much more than what I am used to. Like a new CD here is about $17 which is about £7.50.