✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

John Mayer

sarah**

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I love John Mayer! I only got into him a couple of months ago when my brother gave me his album and told me to listen to him :)

I love no such thing and neon :blush: they're my fav songs on the album

• 4 weeks later...

John Mayer - Live

I thought I should share my concert-going experience of John Mayer. He played a lot of blues-y kind of stuff for covers. Most of his new stuff, from heavier things, makes me sick to the stomache. He did an awesome intro for Daughters though. He played the classics, which I was glad or I would've shot him. His acoustics are really good. He really is the most amazing guitar player i've ever seen, but the blues thing..i can't stand.

He also did this really interesting things with one of his backup guitar players. It was like...Guitar Twister....He stood with his back to the other guy, and played the other guys guitar, then the other guy played John's guitar with his arms around John.

Oh and when he screwed up lyrics they did something called "Where was John."

All in all good, but that blues stuff :sick:

• 4 weeks later...

i saw john mayer when he stopped in toronto.

i actually only went to the concert to see maroon 5. they were amazing. john surprised me and was a lot better then the last time i saw him.

i was so bored when he kept playing random blues riffs. urgh. i was like 'i'm here to see you sing'.

i saw John last december and i was totally disappointed to say the least...i love room for squares and heavier things but the way that concert went was just wrong somehow. He had practically no interaction with the audience took too much time between the songs to change guitars, the setlist was rather miserable i missed lots of my fav songs...ah well i could go on forever. i think i expected just a bit more. the only thing that was spot on were the songs itself and John's voice.

• 9 months later...

I love John Mayer. Ever since i heard No Such Things i have been hooked :D . My fave album is Room For Squares, it's one of those rare albums when you can listen through from the beginning to the end without skipping a single song, like Coldplay's albums, at least for me. :rolleyes:

That doesn't mean i don't like Heavier Things, it's just second. :P