John Mayer

sarah**

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JOHN MAYER LIVE!!!!!!

So i was invited to Mr.. Mayer's concert on friday and it has to be one the best concerts ive been to behind Coldplay. So definitely go check him out live. He covered a small piece of a coldplay song "I want to live in a wooden house, where making more friends would be easy..." BEAUTIFUL he caught me off guard there but it was great.

oh and Maroon 5 opened for him, couldnt have been better.

oh cool. My brother was meant to go see him a couple of months back but he didn't get tickets in time so....I'm gonna be a mean little sister and show him your post because he's still kicking himself about not getting tickets earlier :lol: :sneaky:

• 2 weeks later...

John Mayer or Howie Day?

I might be getting one of these CDs (John's "Heavier Things" and Howie's "Stop The World Now") for free so I need to pick which one I want better...

I've heard of these two but honestly, never had the chance to hear their stuff... which one do you reckon is better?

More about Howie Day. In my opinion Australia is a better album than Stop All The World Now. He also released an EP called The Madrigals EP which was two discs, one had 5 songs on it and the other was a DVD with about 25 minute live performance. Once you see Howie Day perform live you will be in total amazement at what he does live. He is incredible, I urge you to see some of his live performance stuff, I'm sure you can find it somewhere online.

Howie Day is heavily influenced by Jeff Buckley and I know you are a big Jeff fan so you will probably appreciate Howie's work. Howie also does lots of covers when he performs live. I have a good version of Lover You Should've Come Over by Howie :D

More about Howie Day. In my opinion Australia is a better album than Stop All The World Now. He also released an EP called The Madrigals EP which was two discs, one had 5 songs on it and the other was a DVD with about 25 minute live performance. Once you see Howie Day perform live you will be in total amazement at what he does live. He is incredible, I urge you to see some of his live performance stuff, I'm sure you can find it somewhere online.

Howie Day is heavily influenced by Jeff Buckley and I know you are a big Jeff fan so you will probably appreciate Howie's work. Howie also does lots of covers when he performs live. I have a good version of Lover You Should've Come Over by Howie :D

Oh, John's done a cover of this song as well :D

Thanks so much for all this information, Howie sounds great. I will definitely look for some live performances of him :D

• 2 weeks later...

mmm ok so this post is a bit old but im gonna put my say here anyway!! :P i luv john mayers music ... but i was watching him on some live tv thing - i think it was called the sessions ...and ...well..it looked like he was gonna eat the microphone ...and on the tv it didnt sound to good . :confused: