✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

War of the Worlds

*Justine*

Everyone is so enthusiastic about it.. but it seems an awful movie to me :(

Is it a special movie that's gonna be remembered forever, like LotR and things like that? Then I can't miss it..

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They fixed the car remember?

they fixed it, but after that is another lightning.

At the beginning all the cars where working, but after the lightning they broke down. They fixed one of the cars, and Ray took that car. But after the 2nd lightning, that car would be broken down, but he just starts it.

I guess this is not really a movie for me,.. I found it dissapointing,, I guess I will just stay with the shining today...

What I think is that the first storm was an electrical storm with an electro-magnetic pulse, knocking out the electrics. The second storm might not have been an electic-storm. I have been in a car stuck by lighting, and afterwards you can just start it up and roll away (bearing in mind, the radio security settings kicked in due to the loss of power)

Overall it was a good film, nothing special, too predictable.

Guest LiquidSky

Dakota Fanning is soooooooooooooo annoying !!!

You thought she was annoying? :stunned: I didn't think she was annoying at all..and she's such a good actress.. and I liked this movie..

I've just got back from seeing the movie, and, as is often the case with "apocalyptic" movies, it has its pluses and minuses.

On the plus side are the special effects, which are superb, and Tom Cruise's performance, which is actually pretty good.

However. I found the film to be lacking any real "humanity", it seemed to drag on in the middle, and I felt it ended rather abruptly.

Of course, there's also the usual extreme "far-fetched" scenario, in this case being the fact that all of Cruise's extended family somehow survive in spite of millions having died, and that everything appeared to have been destroyed by the "crashing plane" except for Cruise's vehicle, which was left completely intact.

At least there were no dogs miraculously jumping to safety (as happened in the completely ludicrous Independence Day), I suppose!! :P

Guest LiquidSky

yeah I didn't like the ending very much...and I thought the crazy guy was gonna kill Tom and Dakota and eat them! :smug: :stunned:

Guest LiquidSky
yeah I didn't like the ending very much...and I thought the crazy guy was gonna kill Tom and Dakota and eat them! :smug: :stunned:

That would have been a far better scenario!! :P

Well that's what I thought he was going to do.. :wacko: My imagination goes a little bit tooo far! :lol: :embarrased:

Well' date=' when I first saw him.. I was like 'what the hell.. what is he doing in this movie'. It was too weird. Just out of nowhere, Tim Robbins to the rescue![/quote']

But following his fantastic performance in one of the best movies ever made, The Shawshank Redemption, it was an insult to his talent. Is he that short of money??

And that reminds me - one of the best parts of the film was Morgan Freeman's narration at the beginning and end!