✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

War of the Worlds

*Justine*

Well, it was alright. Forget the storyline - It is pretty good for a horror movie, which this movie assuredly is. I give it a 10 for horror, right up there with Jaws.

I found it a very sobering movie. Though it was a surprise that the whole thing was only 2 hours long... Must be a Spielberg first! :P

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah, no the movie had the potential to be good, that extra terrestrial stuff... well the director totally screwed it with the LACK of ARGUMENTS and the STEREOTIPYCAL model of the American hero in Tom Cruise, even was so funny how hardly they tried to put cheap sentimentality on it.

So empty, not even the effects make worth the money wasted. :dozey:

well it was never going to be a movie to challenge the brain cells was it?

it did what it said on the tin really, it was a good movie to just enjoy for a couple of hours. nothing more!

Well since I spended some food and two cinema tickets on it I consider it a waste.

However from what I know movies were supposed to bring joy with a good story, anyway the war of the worlds didn't.

I didn't read all of the posts (too many pages, not enough time :lol: ), but I simply have to say that "War of the Worlds" is a HORRIBLE movie, I absolutely HATED it, it's stupid and has no sense and Tom Cruise says about 2 intelligent sentences in it.. Everything else is just screaming and crying - "Roobbiiieee" - and it's a shame that Steven Spielberg was the director! Making such a crap movie isn't typical for Spielberg.

And I have to agree to *andrea* - I laughed a lot, too! Each time Tom Cruise tries to look sad and desperate, it simply looks funny :lol: