Professor Peedston

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

oo! its sufjan's birthday today!!

Happy 31st Birthday Sufjan!!!!

(coz u know.. he totally comes to read the coldplaying forums.. lol)

p.s. u can pre-order his album thru asthmatic kitty or insound or amazon :)

awww yea three posts in a row! lol

for sufjan fans in the states:

SUFJAN STEVENS 2006 TOUR DATES

Mon. Sept. 11: Nashville, TN, Ryman

Tues Sept 12: Little Rock, AR TBA

Fri. Sept. 15: Austin, TX, Paramount Theater

Sat. Sept. 16: Austin, TX, Paramount Theater

Tue. Sept. 19: New Orleans, LA, House of Blues

Weds. Sept. 20: Atlanta, GA, Fox Theater (PASTE Fest)

Thu. Sept. 21: Chapel Hill, NC, Memorial Hall

Sat. Sept. 23: Indianapolis, IN, Egyptian Theater

Sun. Sept. 24: St. Louis, MO, The Pageant

Mon. Sept. 25: Milwaukee, WI, Pabst Theater

Tue. Sept. 26: Chicago, IL, The Riviera

Thu. Sept. 28: Philadelphia, PA, The Towers

Fri. Sept. 29: New York, NY, Town Hall

Sat. Sept. 30: New York, NY, Town Hall

Mon. Oct. 9: Los Angeles, CA, The Wiltern

Weds. Oct. 11: San Francisco, CA, Zellerbach Hall

Fri. Oct. 13: Portland, OR, Crystal Ballroom

Sat. Oct. 14: Vancouver, BC, St. Andrews Cathedral

Sun. Oct. 15: Seattle, WA, Paramount

* all shows with My Brightest Diamond

Supporting the tour will be My Brightest Diamond, a moniker for the talented singer-songwriter Shara Worden. Shara has toured extensively in Sufjan’s band, appears on his recordings, and is often his right-hand woman. Shara is also a close friend, creative peer and Brooklyn neighbor to Sufjan.

The pomp and pageantry of the previous Illinoismakers tour will be augmented by a nuance, mastery and sophistication of talented new players. But don’t expect to see any cheerleading uniforms or routines. Suit coats, neckties and corsages might be more appropriate; but we aren’t about to issue a dress code.

Sufjan would also like to take this opportunity on tour to debut you a few new pieces.

got my tickets for ny ;) YAY!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys and Girls

I'm currently at uni and am completely addicted to Sufjan Stevens. Is anyone else? :rolleyes: I got his album illinois the other day and love the song chicargo. Also if you want to was time like me check out this video for a song called For the Windows In Paridise for the Fatherless In Ypsilanti awesome track, tell me what you think.

yeah true, i have nothing left after purchasing The Eraser last friday lol

btw Pitchfork reviewed The Avalanche...

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/37291/Sufjan_Stevens_The_Avalanche

I discovered Sufjan just the other day I'd heard the name floating around for ages and I was in the CD store buying The Eraser and Illinois was right in front of me so I got both and they have been on constant rotation since! I really want michigan now only cause of that song Windows in Paradise? If he ever comes to Australia I'm going to be the first to buy a ticket!

I really want michigan now only cause of that song Windows in Paradise? If he ever comes to Australia I'm going to be the first to buy a ticket!

michigan is a really great album too.. the widows in paradise is only one of the many great songs. romulus (the song) is amazing. im not gonan go listing all thet songs i like.. coz i would wind up listing the whole album.. haha.

u should also check out Seven Swans (the album) if u get a chance.. im not sure if u'd liek the other albums he put out.. but if you like Illinois - you should like michigan and seven swans also

i dont know if im capable of MORE sufjan love haha. but i'll try!

has he ever gone to switzerland to play? i can't wait to see him live again. yay!

last year october, but in that time i was quite busy because of many reasons, so there were no chances for me then

well, i hope he'll visit us some day in the future, i'll definitely be at that gig :smug:

michigan is a really great album too.. the widows in paradise is only one of the many great songs. romulus (the song) is amazing. im not gonan go listing all thet songs i like.. coz i would wind up listing the whole album.. haha.

u should also check out Seven Swans (the album) if u get a chance.. im not sure if u'd liek the other albums he put out.. but if you like Illinois - you should like michigan and seven swans also

Thanks TLo i will check it out but i think i'll have to wait till pay day! I 've been spending way to much money on CD's etc. Is the avlanche just b sides from the recording of illinois? Also TLo i saw you're from NYC so lucky! I've always wanted to go, one day when I'm rich! :D