Professor Peedston

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
sufjan stevens - majesty snowbird

he closed his european tour here in a church here in iceland last week. superb concert, goosebumps all around. there was something magical about it. here's a new 10-minute song which struck me as the most beautiful song he's written. i want to share it cause it kinda took my breath away:

http://www.hi.is/~bjornbjo/sufjan_stevens_majesty_snowbird.mp3

p.s. how pretty is this man?

258183020_6a9887a6a4.jpg

and here's a pic on höddi's flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hordur/299774913/

I love Sufjan Stevens...what I've heard so far, anyway. I only have a few mp3s scattered throughout a bunch of compilations I've made over the last year or so, and they're all at the place I'm moving to tomorrow. So, like a sudden impossible chocolate craving, I just HAD to hear some of his music...and I found this track! Thanks so much, Merek, for saving my sanity,lol. WHat a breathtaking song!!:D

• 3 weeks later...

California next Sufjan Stevens 'state' album?

The singer drops clue in interview

16.Feb.07 2:47pm

Sufjan Stevens has hinted that the next state he will tackle in his series of concept albums will be California.

The singer/songwriter has long had plans to make a concept album for each of the US's 50 states. In 2003 he released 'Michigan' and in 2005 the 'Illinois' album.

In an interview with Rafter - an artist on his Asthmatic Kitty label - he asked: "Being a native of the Golden State, do you want to collaborate on a record about California?"

It has previously been speculated that Stevens would also write his next opus about Oregon, Rhode Island or Minnesota

sounds cool, shame the oc is ending really, a whole album of Sufjan singing about Cali would be the perfect soundtrack....

• 1 month later...

Hey, I have a question for anyone who knows what I'm talking about. I should mention that I have this album on vinyl, not cd.

One of my favorite tracks on Illinoise is the very last one, "The Avalanche".

This has really confused one of my friends who's a fan. He says it isn't on the album Illinoise, it's just the title of the outtakes album. Is he right? Does the song "The Avalanche" show up on the album the Avalanche at all? Or does it only exist on vinyl?

• 1 month later...

As far as I know, the only time they've ever had an actual camera crew at a concert was for Austin City Limits. (Was a good show too, but very little of it was broadcast)

As far as fan videos go, TLo has taken some good ones, but yeah otherwise they're hard to find.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...