✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Favorite Canadian Band...if you have one

mooseheadsfan

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know this hasnt been talked on in awhile but i was just looking and i dont see anybody saying that our lady peace is their favorite canadian band. Is it because nobody knows who they are or just dont like them period?

OLP are one of my favs...I prefer their earlier stuff though.'One Man Army' is one of the best songs EVER!!

Others inclue Ron Sexsmith (Thanks Chris for exposing Ron to the mainstream!!), Broken Social Scene, Arcade Fire and Hot Hot Heat.

And me, I guess...tee hee...

These are some of my favorite Canadian musicians and bands:

Arcade Fire

Stars

K-Os

Broken Social Scene

Metric

Sam Roberts Band

Feist

Amy Millan

Chantal Kreviazuk

Sarah McLachlan

Wolf Parade

Islands / Unicorns

Bell Orchestre

Doves

Nelly Furtado (her new album "Loose" is siiick)

The Stills

Pilate

Final Fantasy

what about sam roberts briggins

I was just thinking artists that I listen to alot. I love Sam Roberts but I'm not an uber fan or anything.

Other people I like include:

Joel Plaskett

The Tragically Hip

Neil Young

the Contact

...there are so many.

Broken Social Scene and anyone that is associated with the arts and crafts community.

indeed.

'Feist' is included in the Broken Social Scene community... Feist has my vote :thumbsup:

Hot Hot Heat :cool: ' date=' the Arcade Fire (though i really only know two of their songs)[/quote']

The Arcade Fire.. does it matter if not all band members are from Canada? :huh:

The Arcade Fire.. does it matter if not all band members are from Canada? :huh:

Nope, they're based in Montreal, and most of the members are Canadian. They've won Juno awards.

In a funny way, they're more of a Canadian ideal than they might have been, because of the way that they're from all over. Canada supposedly prides itself on being a mosaic rather than a melting pot, and there are so many influences in their music doing just that.

yeah i'm sorry, i don't know why i put the doves down, i wasn't thinking straight.

however, Bedouin Soundclash is another sweeeeeet band from Canada.

Check out "When the Night Feels My Song" for those of you who have never heard of them, and for those of you who have heard that song, but no other Bedouin song, listen to "Gyasi Went Home"

yeah i'm sorry, i don't know why i put the doves down, i wasn't thinking straight.

however, Bedouin Soundclash is another sweeeeeet band from Canada.

Check out "When the Night Feels My Song" for those of you who have never heard of them, and for those of you who have heard that song, but no other Bedouin song, listen to "Gyasi Went Home"

I don't really like them. I could have seen them here in Halifax but didn't really want to.