✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to join WarChild new album ?

LifeLight

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the '= poster' idea! That would be fab. At the concerts there are already MTF booths and people running around collecting signatures' date=' but I think most people are just too caught up in the moment to be bothered to stop.[/quote']

This is not so common everywhere, I didn't see anyone during their concerts in Italy collecting signatures...yet one of the problems is..when can we to realise such a thing as their gigs are going to finish real soon (at least for this tour)?

But I really love your idea Allie :nice:

I love the idea!

Being in college I don't really have a whole lot of money I can give to charity so I usually donate my time, but I'm sure I can donate at least a couple dollars a month if not more. (I'm also trying to save up $3,000 for a volunteer program in London next summer so money is so freakin' tight right now :sick: )

I'd love to help any way I can. Graphics really aren't my department but anything else I would be glad to help out with.

I actually thought of a flyer situation. Where some fans could pass out a couple hundred flyers with the equal sign on the front, and then on the back a link, info and instructions on the bottom reading "Hold this flyer high during 'Politik' and give the world love over this." Or something. Do you know how incrediably gobsmacked the guys would be?

Anywho... just some brainstorming. :D

I'm very excited about this!

Thats a very very cool idea!!! :cool:

Here's some other ideas I pitched to the lovely lunar!

-Posters for concerts (Something like what an_cat suggested "Coldplaying Members for Fair Trade" is nice.)

-Small slips of paper (maybe like the size of a those small cue-cards, or like the Happy Birthday Chris ones that fans made on Chris' bday) that can be passed out during concerts. Not sure what we'd put on them, maybe write a few things fans can do to help or get involved and some useful websites?

-Writing to our local shops about using fair trade coffee, rice.. etc. and we can post their replies and things. We can also help each other write formal letters (so they take it seriously) or we can design a letter everyone can use.

-Someone can design a flier and post it, so all of us can print a few and post them around our neighborhood or school bulletins or work, etc.

This is a great idea...i'm definatley in ;)

Here's another charity that the boys are patrons for...

http://www.silverclef.com/

:cheesy: thanks Steph! Didn't know about that one, will add it :nice:

This is the reason why i love this forum. we are all a big happy family of coldplay fans that aside of rambling on about them, we also care about our enviroment and the people in it, as they do.

im 100 with your ideas and more that happy to help in any way i can!

:heart:

Coldplay Autographs for Charity

Bid on some pieces of music history at the Rock 'n' Roll Auction & Concert Preview Party on Wednesday night at the Pageant.

An announcement of upcoming concerts at UMB Bank Pavilion is a highlight of the annual event, at which music fans buy items autographed by some of their favorite artists. Proceeds benefit Kids Alive and Music Alive music programs at St. Cecilia Academy, Carlane Middle School Music Camp and Webster Community Music Schools.

Guitars bearing the autographs of top stars are always big sellers, with the bidding usually starting about $1,500. Signed posters are also popular, and this year's selection will feature such artists as David Bowie, 50 Cent, the Allman Brothers, Coldplay and Elvis Costello.

A Rolling Stones package includes a tour poster, set list, backstage pass and a photo of each Stone. A U2 package features similar items, but none of the U2 or Stones items are autographed.

Billy Idol signed a wedding guest book ("White Wedding," get it?). Cedric the Entertainer signed copies of the two "Barbershop" DVDs.

Personality Smash of KFTK (97.1) and KTVI-TV (Channel 2) will be the host, and Mark Howald of Ivey-Selkirk will be the auctioneer.

Admission is $10 without an invitation. A silent auction begins at 5 p.m., followed by the concert announcements at 6:30 and the auction at 7.

[More info about the auction can be found at the UMB Bank Pavilion.]

Ok, just to summarize everything so far:

Main idea: Create a club of Coldplay fans that wish to individually do their small part to help those who need it most, and collectively attempt to make a difference. Together we can promote a spirit of giving by following the example Coldplay has set. We can support charities, raise awareness for selected issues at concerts, as well as in our own communities, and encourage each other to get involved and take action in any way that we can. Hopefully we will be able to create a separate section on these boards dedicated to organizing and coordinating these efforts (please Ian??). :)

Some ideas: (thanks an_cat, Vic and Frostbitepanda for your great ideas, and everyone else who has expressed interest so far!) :kiss:

* Donating to charity: a few dollars can go a long way, especially if we all manage to save a little and give a little. It would be fun to set up different threads for separate charities and keep track of how much money is donated to each one. Charities can include ones that Coldplay supports, as well as any others that we find creditable and worthy. Of course keeping a reliable record of how much money is being donated is a tricky business. Victaniac had the wonderful idea of setting up a group email account to which ‘donation (email) receipts’ could be forwarded (after donating, an email confirmation including your donated amount usually follows, so we'd just send that along to the group email). Logistics need to be worked out, but a few people could have access to the email to keep the group up to speed about donation progress. Any other ideas in regard to this?

* As an off shoot from the charity idea, I think it would be great to sponsor a child through Save the Children. We would need to pool together the equivalent/minimum of $28 dollars a month…maybe we could open a paypal account just for this? Please check out the website. :nice:

* Make signs, posters/banners, and flyers to hand out at concerts to get other fans attention and hey, maybe even the guys’ attention too. :P Information on these could include useful websites and ideas how people can get more involved. We could have volunteer sign up sheets for each show for people to print and pass information out, etc. This tour is almost over, but if we get organized really quickly maybe we can do something for the Isle of Wright show in June. Frostbitepanda had the awesome idea of making flyers with the MTF equal sign on the front, with links and info on the back, including instructions reading (i.e.) "Hold this flyer high during 'Politik' and give the world love over this." (like the Happy Birthday Chris signs). :laugh4:

* Making posters and stuff could be expensive…one idea would be to design a club logo/club title by which we could identify ourselves, and then make our own buttons/t-shirts which we could sell (to ourselves and to others). Perhaps the extra money generated here could be put toward group project costs? Since there are so many talented souls on these boards, we could have a little contest for a group statement and logo! Yay, fun! :D

* Design a flier that we can all post around our neighborhood, on school bulletins or at work, etc.

* Write to local shops about using fair trade coffee, rice, etc or even higher up governmental offices about issues we are passionate about, and then post any responses we get. We can also help each other write formal letters (so they take it seriously) or we can design a form letter everyone can use.

If we got our own section we could have:

* Stickied threads for FAQs, charity links, group graphics, flyers, etc, promotional activities, etc

* Threads where we can bounce ideas off each other on how we can take a more active role in helping others.

* Stimulating threads discussing global issues (AIDS, global warming, famine, overpopulation, etc etc). It is important that we learn from each other and better educate ourselves.

Here is a list of Coldplay approved organizations complied by the wonderful Victaniac:

1 Giant Leap

Amnesty International

Amnesty USA

Keep A Child Alive

Make Poverty History

Make Trade Fair

Oxfam

Planetsave

Silver Clef

Stop Handgun Violence

Water Aid

World's Aids Day

Other good causes:

CARE

Doctors without Borders

Heifer International

International Medical Corps

ONE

The International Rescue Committee

Unicef

I'll PM Ian and have him come in here and take a look at what we are proposing...I'm hoping he likes the idea! :sneaky: If you guys can think of anything else, post it here! :)

• Like 1

Yayay, awesome post lunar!! (now that's longer than my pm! :laugh4:)

Have we figured out a name for ourselves? I'd like to try to make some designs for buttons/tshirts or maybe for a logo but we need a name! Suggestions people, suggestions :sneaky:

I absolutely love this idea!!!!! I love the idea of PDF file pamphlets! We'll just have to be careful about the idea of passing those out at a show's venue. Sometimes places can be very funky about things getting passed out, since it leads to competition or people throwing the papers on the ground, you know? So we'd have to check on that.

But even pamphlets for people to post around school! I'm not much of a computer artist, but I'd be more than willing to supply text to some of them...!

Whoo! I like the Coldplaying for Fair Play. It sounds cool, with all the "play"s.... *dumb*

LOL Danielle.

I'm getting really excited about this! Perhaps, lunar, you could make another thread where people could chip in with suggestions? This thread title is a bit ambiguous and I don't know if anyone knows what we're all babling on about here. :laugh3:

I don't know about any more names... except, making more like a verb or something instead of a noun?

"Coldplaying for Fair Play" ???

Oh man, this all sounds so great and i really hope this is gonna work! It would be great to do something for the Isle of Wright. June is coming soon..

But let's keep going! You've done a very good job so far,but there is still a lot to do! And together we can do it! :thumbsup:

I'm getting really excited about this :)

I hope this gets so big that guys will hear about this, and i'm sure they'll be very proud of us :rolleyes:

All the names sound good..i can't decide which is the best! :\

Anymore ideas for names? We need more. I tried to think of some but I'm so horrible at this type of stuff! And I also wasn't too sure if we want to have "coldplaying" on the name...but here they are anyway.

Politik(ing?) Our Place

Coldplaying for Fair Play (our motto??)

(we would call ourselves POPers? .. :laugh4:)

Brothers & Sisters Unite(d?)

Coldplaying for Fair Play

(BSUer? or BSUser?)

Parachuters (oozing with cheese, I know :lol:)

Coldplaying for Fair Play

I have more but God do they suck! :laugh4: And I also found a nice site that focuses on helping out locally. If we ever get this whole thing together, we can post stuff that we've done or maybe recommend certain activities to others.. pretty cool site. helpyourcommunity.org

• 1 month later...