✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to join WarChild new album ?

LifeLight

From WarChildMusic

Help: A Day In The Life

9 September 2005

Helping children affected by conflict all over the world

What is it like growing up in a war zone?

Each day, children in Iraq are caught in the crossfire of conflict. Children die, all the time.

Every day, Iraqi children die of malnutrition caused by 15 years of war and sanctions.

Each day, Iraqi children are scattered to the streets to earn money: to scavenge for their families trapped in poverty.

Every day, Iraqi children are orphaned. Worst of all, every day, an Iraqi child realises that if his life doesn't change, their future could be even harder than their past.

Ali is 14. He lives in Basrah. "I think I'll die when I leave the orphanage. I can't see any future without it."

Earlier this year War Child talked to children in Bosnia, Afghanistan and Iraq about the problems growing up in a war zone. We discussed the limitations of safety, security, comfort and happiness: all the day-to-day things most young people in the UK take for granted. In fact we talked to children in the UK about this too. We asked them to tell us what we should do.

They simply said, "You should do something amazing for these children, something they would never forget."

That something is "Help: A Day In The Life"

"Help: A Day In The Life" has gathered together the best bands of this generation to take just one day of their time to record a new piece of music, which War Child will make available on right here on warchildmusic.com on 9 September. A physical CD release of the event will follow a few weeks later.

The line-up for "Help: A Day In The Life" will feature Radiohead, Gorillaz, Razorlight, The Zutons, Manic Street Preachers, Bloc Party, Hard-Fi, The Coral, Elbow, Mylo and Maximo Park. New artists are being added to the line-up each day.

In the one single day that it will take these awesome artists to record their song, War Child will have helped reduce some of the fear felt by the many children it comes into contact with around the world.

In the past War Child has fed, clothed, healed and educated children affected by conflict on four continents. Now, as we engage with a gang of street children in Iraq, we will take them away from the violence that dominates their lives and begin a process of education which will offer them hope for the future. This is vital stuff.

We know what kind of a difference we can make in a day: we are asking the contemporary music scene to answer calls from Ali in Iraq and children in the UK to do the same.

War Child has history

On one single day in September 1995, 20 of the UK's finest bands and artists went into studios across Europe to each produce a track for "Help", the fastest-ever number one album in British music history.

That album, recorded for the War Child charity, raised more than £1.25 million to help children caught in the obscenities of the Bosnian war. Appropriately, Radiohead – whose song "Lucky" became the signature tune of "Help" – were the first band to confirm their involvement with "Help: A Day In The Life".

The 10th anniversary of that extraordinary event will be marked by "Help: A Day in the Life" on Friday, 9 September 2005. On that one single day we are asking today's artists to each record a new track, and to make history as part of the world's fastest-ever online download album.

I know there is no sign of Coldplay in the list, but it looks like something they could do. What do you think ?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Coldplay “Fix” Hurricane

Coldplay have donated an exclusive live take on “Fix You” for a forthcoming charity album to raise money for the victims of Hurricane Katrina in the USA.

“Hurricane Relief: Come Together Now” will feature a veritable who’s who of music stars from the old and new guard, with $15 from each album sold benefiting victims.

New Orleans natives Louis Armstrong and Fats Domino will be joined by the likes of Norah Jones, Wyclef John, James Brown, Elton John, Lenny Kravitz and Brian Wilson on the album.

Meanwhile, a huge cast of stars, including Ringo Starr, Mary J. Blige, Steven Tyler, Ozzy Osbourne, Robert Downey Jr and Gwen Stefani, appear on a cover of Eric Clapton’s “Tears In Heaven”.

Initial details of the tracklisting for “Hurricane Relief: Come Together Now” are as follows:

Coldplay - “Fix You”

Lenny Kravitz - “Believe”

Neville Brothers - “Brothers”

Bonnie Raitt - “I Will Not Be Broken”

Various Artists - “Tears In Heaven”

Brian Wilson - “Love and Mercy”

Gloria Estefan - “Coming Out of the Dark/Always Tomorrow”

James Brown - “Try Me”

Norah Jones/Wyclef Jean - “Any Other Day”

John Fogerty - “Born On The Bayou”

Barbra Streisand - “I Believe”

Dave Matthews Band - “Louisiana Bayou”

Earth, Wind and Fire - “Devotion”

Kirk Whalum/Coolio - “When the Saints Go Marching In”

John Mayer/Aaron Neville - “Heart So Heavy”

Harry Connick Jr - “City Beneath The Sea”

Louis Armstrong - “Do You Know What It Means To Miss New Orleans”

Various Artists - “Come Together Now”

Fats Domino - “Walking To New Orleans”

Elton John - “I’m Still Standing”

Sting - “Moon Over Bourbon Street”

• 1 month later...

Coldplay items on Bid2BeatAIDS

I know this has already been in the news section, but I thought I'd remind everyone of the auction which raises money for the charity organisation BID2BEATAIDS.

Now they finally released some Coldplay items as well - I'd KILL to get one of these, but it's getting more and more expensive :embarrased:

So, for anyone who can afford these brilliant rare items: happy bidding :D

Here's the link of all of the Coldplay items:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&satitle=coldplay&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&bs=Search&fsop=1%26fsoo%3D1&coaction=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=&sadis=200&fpos=ZIP%2FPostal&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&seller=1&sass=bid2beataids

And I found a funny mistake in the text:

Composed of Chris Marttin, Kon Buckland, Will Champion, and Guy Berryman, their first full-length album was "Parachutes," which was released in the U.S. in November 2000.

Yeah, sure - Chris, Will, Guy and KONNY :lol:

lmfao Chris drew those things, right? He's an excellent artist. His drawings remind me of John Lennon's, a little (ok, quite a bit!!) :stunned: Very very cool!! :blush:

(and my handwriting looks just like his, oh my gawd :lol: )

I WANT THEM!!!

Chris Pulls Out of Charity Gig...

Just received this email, not really sure what its all about, but here it is:

MARTIN PULLS OUT OF CHARITY GIG

Also see:

COLDPLAY

CHRIS MARTIN

COLDPLAY frontman CHRIS MARTIN has pulled out of a money-raising gig for Oxfam at the last minute, despite being one of the charity's top celebrity representatives.

The event, due to take place at the end of this month (DEC05) in London, was postponed to fit around the rocker's busy schedule.

A source says, "Chris Martin has always been one of Oxfam's most high-profile supporters.

"The charity really wants his support and is willing to reschedule and relocate so he can take part."